Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A coach that has made the playoffs 2/3 years and has a 5-2 record isn’t going to be on the hot seat for a loss—any loss—that puts the team at 5-3 atop the division.

Just no.

Define "hot seat."

Isaiah McKenzie would be a sneaky big loss if he can't suit up. Those jet sweeps are just what we need against the weak edges of the Pats D.

If McKenzie can't go, I hope they still run those plays. I know that Diggs or Beasley could effectively handle them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Everyone seems to think absurd the idea that McDermott will be in hot water if he loses this game. I don't get it. When you've yet to beat the Patriots during your tenure, you can almost secure the division with a win, and you're hosting them at 5-2/2-4, how is there not a referendum on McDermott if he can't lead the Bills to a win here? He absolutely has to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Everyone seems to think absurd the idea that McDermott will be in hot water if he loses this game. I don't get it. When you've yet to beat the Patriots during your tenure, you can almost secure the division with a win, and you're hosting them at 5-2/2-4, how is there not a referendum on McDermott if he can't lead the Bills to a win here? He absolutely has to.

You can’t put a coach on the hot seat that is two games up in the division or that has taken Buffalo to the playoffs 2 years out of 3, just for losing a game. 
We will take the division from the patriots this year. Win or lose this game. 

48 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott instantly sits on the hot seat if the Bills don't win this game. There is no excuse, none.

Didn't the Pegula's recently give him a contract extension. He should be fired. How dare he make the playoffs in two of his first three seasons. He ruined our streak of missing the playoffs for 17 straight seasons. He really sucks that he has the Bills on track to win the division for the first time in what seems like 100 years. Bring back Kay Stephenson dammit.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

You can’t put a coach on the hot seat that is two games up in the division or that has taken Buffalo to the playoffs 2 years out of 3, just for losing a game. 
We will take the division from the patriots this year. Win or lose this game. 

wanna bet? not to let him go or anything like that but if i were gm with this talented of a team after a NE loss? you have to know a flame would be lit under his but or something

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Look I get it's likely to be windy on November 1 in Orchard Park NY. But IMO people are trusting the weather forecast way to much.  It's Thursday so why would anyone believe what the weather clowns are predicting for Sunday?

50 mph gusts - maybe and then again probably not.

Its going to be windy, whether it ends up being 50 mph gusts or 35 mph gusts, its still going to be a factor in the passing game

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

wanna bet? not to let him go or anything like that but if i were gm with this talented of a team after a NE loss? you have to know a flame would be lit under his but or something

Does winning bore you this much?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The problem with McD is you have to have an aggressive nature / gameplan to beat Belichick. McDermott is absolutely incapable of doing anything aggressively. It's just not who he is. We saw that in bright lights at Houston. If you want a  very good coach capable of winning close games then Sean is your man. But we saw Vrabel run the score up on us 3 weeks ago. That's what Belichick always does. Sean will never do this and that's his weakness. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If you want to say that you'll have some reservations/questions about McDermott if he continues to fail to beat the Patriots, fine.

But to say that he should be "in hot water" or "on the hot seat"? Ridiculous.

In the event of a loss, the Bills would be 5-3, leading the division, and still on track to make the playoffs, which would make it 3 out of 4 seasons here that McDermott brought the Bills to the playoffs -- mind you, they hadn't been once in the previous SEVENTEEN YEARS. At that all to the fact that the Pegulas just gave a contract extension and, well...yeah, your original comment was exaggeration/hyperbole/silliness. 100%

Edited by Logic