Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

With Buffalo being able to play heavy im not that concerned about the run defense.  They are not the Cheifs or Rams outside.  They dont have to worry about anybody outside.  Load the box make Newton be Brady.  I think Buffalo matches up quite well.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott instantly sits on the hot seat if the Bills don't win this game. There is no excuse, none.

A coach that has made the playoffs 2/3 years and has a 5-2 record isn’t going to be on the hot seat for a loss—any loss—that puts the team at 5-3 atop the division.

Just no.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

With Buffalo being able to play heavy im not that concerned about the run defense.  They are not the Cheifs or Rams outside.  They dont have to worry about anybody outside.  Load the box make Newton be Brady.  I think Buffalo matches up quite well.  

This is the piece many people overlook with our defense. The problem they’ve faced is against offenses that are well rounded. They’ve been able to contain either the run or pass but not both. Good offenses figure out the defensive strategy and attack where they can. I don’t think that NE has the passing game that would cause Buffalo to shift its focus there and invite them to run. They will load the box and force cam to pass similar to Tennessee. Titans were able to beat them that way. Will the pats be able to - comes down to personnel (meh) and play calling (maybe). Will need to set the edge so cam doesn’t get out of the pocket 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Justin C said:

I could see the Patriots pulling out the Navy triple option all game Sunday With no WRs, windy conditions and Cam's arm shot, I could see them pulling out something like that and running the ball 40+ times.

That scares me a little I still remember that Saints game from couple of years ago , when they run the ball on us like 40 straight times and we couldn’t do anything to stop it ...

1 minute ago, Putin said:

That scares me a little I still remember that Saints game from couple of years ago , when they run the ball on us like 40 straight times and we couldn’t do anything to stop it ...

Again, because McDermott was focused on stopping Brees 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the piece many people overlook with our defense. The problem they’ve faced is against offenses that are well rounded. They’ve been able to contain either the run or pass but not both. Good offenses figure out the defensive strategy and attack where they can. I don’t think that NE has the passing game that would cause Buffalo to shift its focus there and invite them to run. They will load the box and force cam to pass similar to Tennessee. Titans were able to beat them that way. Will the pats be able to - comes down to personnel (meh) and play calling (maybe). Will need to set the edge so cam doesn’t get out of the pocket 

Yeah I really hope the Bills don't overthink it on D - sell out to stop the run and don't let Cam scramble

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott instantly sits on the hot seat if the Bills don't win this game. There is no excuse, none.

Apparently, Daboll being on the "Hot Seat" per Two Bills Drive got us off to a 4-0 start.

.....Could we put a rush order in, and install McDermott's seat heater by tomorrow?  I'm all for every competitive advantage. 

If a 5-2 Hotseat for McD would get us to 9-2, I say "put on your asbestos undies and Take One for the Team, Sean!"