Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Sam looks really bad right now...almost spooked (I know, "I'm seeing ghosts" -- lol).  Just makes terrible decisions with the ball.  I know it must kill him watching Josh have this kind of success with the two of them being such good friends.  Or maybe it doesn't -- I've suggested previously that Darnold just might not have the "want to" that is needed to succeed at this level.

i think a team like pitt should throw a couple of 3rds at him once the jets make it clear this offseason they are drafting a qb.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i think a team like pitt should throw a couple of 3rds at him once the jets make it clear this offseason they are drafting a qb.

There's no doubt his best chance to succeed is getting out of that toxic environment and into an organization that knows how to develop players.

1 minute ago, DDCC said:

This is America. I have a right to my opinion 

Yup...and this forum as a Terms of Service policy that you signed up for; the letter of law doesn’t protect you from being proverbially “nuked” for your posts (which you know all too well from your previous monikers)

10 minutes ago, eball said:

There's no doubt his best chance to succeed is getting out of that toxic environment and into an organization that knows how to develop players.

I think he’d be great in Indy with Frank Reich

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/patriots-devin-mccourty-doesnt-think-theyre-still-team-to-beat-in-afc-east

I think we're going to get the Patriots best shot of the season Sunday.  Just reading what Devin McCourty said about how he doesn't think the Patriots are currently the team to beat, that their backs are against the wall, etc.  I don't think I've ever seen a team that is better coached on creating motivation.  I recall when the Patriots were in the midst of their undefeated season, some players kept saying how they weren't being respected (which was utter hogwash).  

Now I do know that this Patriots team is very short handed and has not been playing well, along with the fact that the Bills ARE the more talented team, but I think considering the desperation the Patriots seem to have right now, this game might be another nail biter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/patriots-devin-mccourty-doesnt-think-theyre-still-team-to-beat-in-afc-east

I think we're going to get the Patriots best shot of the season Sunday.  Just reading what Devin McCourty said about how he doesn't think the Patriots are currently the team to beat, that their backs are against the wall, etc.  I don't think I've ever seen a team that is better coached on creating motivation.  I recall when the Patriots were in the midst of their undefeated season, some players kept saying how they weren't being respected (which was utter hogwash).  

Now I do know that this Patriots team is very short handed and has not been playing well, along with the fact that the Bills ARE the more talented team, but I think considering the desperation the Patriots seem to have right now, this game might be another nail biter.

To me it has a similar feel to last years eagles and browns games. Teams that were expected to do well. Their hardships came to a head the week before they played us and they got absolutely blasted in the media leading up to our game all week. Came out and played with a purpose. Add Bill Bellicheck into the mix...... and ya, i'm flustered. LOL.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

To me it has a similar feel to last years eagles and browns games. Teams that were expected to do well. Their hardships came to a head the week before they played us and they got absolutely blasted in the media leading up to our game all week. Came out and played with a purpose. Add Bill Bellicheck into the mix...... and ya, i'm flustered. LOL.

Those are good examples.  That's where I'm at with this week.  On Monday I was pretty confident, but the more thought I give it I think we would have been better off catching them last week instead of after 3 straight losses.  McDaniels' offense can be pretty creative as well so that concerns me that the Patriots coaching staff is going to be throwing everything they can and seeing what sticks.  Add in the crappy weather (like that damn Eagles game last year) and my confidence is starting to waver lol.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Uncertain...aren't the pundits still pretty high on Mayfield again with the Browns 5-2?

He did set a league rookie passing record in 2018 and was just chosen AFC player of the week....

The pundits have been high on Baker all through last year and his uneven start to this year because he had a good rookie year. For a lot of people, if you do well your rookie year it kind of just becomes expected that the player is good. They can live off that narrative. 

Any time I’ve watched him he’s been really streaky. He throws some HORRIBLE interceptions. At least one a game where he doesn’t even see a guy lurking. Think Josh’s second pick against Tennessee but multiplied by 1000000. If he gets hot, he basically can’t miss. But if he’s disrupted for awhile, he basically can’t get back on track. 

I also know from a player on their teams that he thinks he’s better than reading the playbook and studying film... at least compared to the QBs this player has played with in the past. He pretty much thinks he can just go out and play. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Why would I be mad about this team winning?

Let's be serious though, if they do beat the Patriots it's just another hollow accomplishment......not quite on par with the Jets game but if the Patriots are truly this bad the Bills very well may back into the division title by default with 7 or 8 wins this year similar to the 2017 season when we backed into the playoffs as a WC.

Hey, Dunning Kruger man, you do realize that Every team can only play the teams on their schedule, right?  And if some of those teams purposefully let their best players walk that is on them, right?  it’s not on the other teams, right?  Now take your endlessly half empty glass and find another place to whine about this team. There is a black cloud hovering overhead everywhere you post, and you are the only guy in the room who doesn’t see it. Nuthin but luv...

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Hey, Dunning Kruger man, you do realize that Every team can only play the teams on their schedule, right?  And if some of those teams purposefully let their best players walk that is on them, right?  it’s not on the other teams, right?  Now take your endlessly half empty glass and find another place to whine about this team. There is a black cloud hovering overhead everywhere you post, and you are the only guy in the room who doesn’t see it. Nuthin but luv...

Go Bills!!!

Dunning Kruger man lol.

That's perfect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Uncertain...aren't the pundits still pretty high on Mayfield again with the Browns 5-2?

He did set a league rookie passing record in 2018 and was just chosen AFC player of the week....

Ask 30 GMs (leaving out Buffalo and Cleveland) right now and 30 GMs select Josh Allen #1 overall.  The off-the-chart measurables were never in doubt; they just didn't know if the accuracy "problems" were real or not.  Combine that with what we know about his intelligence, work ethic, and leadership?  Sorry, there is little question who GMs would take in a re-do.

im starting to worry and ive been confident all season. 

McDermott used the whole "this is our biggest game of the season" spiel last week for the Jets game. I know the players know this is a super important game, but it worries me. 

Patriots know that their season is over if they lose to us this week.

The weather is gonna be real crappy and we haven't played well in crappy, rainy and windy games under McD with this roster. 

We are the FAR superior team in terms of talent. But I need my fears assuaged, anyone help me out here? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

im starting to worry and ive been confident all season. 

McDermott used the whole "this is our biggest game of the season" spiel last week for the Jets game. I know the players know this is a super important game, but it worries me. 

Patriots know that their season is over if they lose to us this week.

The weather is gonna be real crappy and we haven't played well in crappy, rainy and windy games under McD with this roster. 

We are the FAR superior team in terms of talent. But I need my fears assuaged, anyone help me out here? 

image.png

Edited by Nineforty

54 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That there season is over if they dont win is my only concern about this game.  On the flip side I think our guys will know we will be in a difficult spot if we dont win so they should be hungry too. 

If we get > 7 pt lead in the first half I dont think theyll have enough to come back. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

That there season is over if they dont win is my only concern about this game.  On the flip side I think our guys will know we will be in a difficult spot if we dont win so they should be hungry too. 

If we get > 7 pt lead in the first half I dont think theyll have enough to come back. 

I hope the Bills can but I think its a one score game all the way through. I do think the Bills win but we are all going to be a nervous starting at 1:00 and ending sometime around 4:00.

• Like (+1) 1

NE's offense is offensive....  They don't have competent QB play, their WR's can't get open, they have no TE's to speak of and and all they have is a good O-line and good RB by committee. 

They will need to play perfect and get lucky just to stay in this one.  If we get up early, its over.  They are not a good team this year for a multitude of reasons, but their past achievements are no reason to avoid calling a spade a spade.  They are not very good this year, their record isn't a mistake.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

Sam looks really bad right now...almost spooked (I know, "I'm seeing ghosts" -- lol).  Just makes terrible decisions with the ball.  I know it must kill him watching Josh have this kind of success with the two of them being such good friends.  Or maybe it doesn't -- I've suggested previously that Darnold just might not have the "want to" that is needed to succeed at this level.

I dont know if he will ever be good or not but he doesn't have much chance to be with that dumpster fire of a team and coaching staff. 

Just now, P Riv said:

NE's offense is offensive....  They don't have competent QB play, their WR's can't get open, they have no TE's to speak of and and all they have is a good O-line and good RB by committee. 

They will need to play perfect and get lucky just to stay in this one.  If we get up early, its over.  They are not a good team this year for a multitude of reasons, but their past achievements are no reason to avoid calling a spade a spade.  They are not very good this year, their record isn't a mistake.  

They went into Seattle and that game was in doubt until the final minute. This will not be an easy game. NE knows if they lose they are done.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hope the Bills can but I think its a one score game all the way through. I do think the Bills win but we are all going to be a nervous starting at 1:00 and ending sometime around 4:00.

This could definitely happen but I think us getting a lead early is almost as likely.  I think we maybe able to do some damage early (particularly if we could get a TO) that will result in a heavy Moss/Singeltary game (though that hasnt happened all year yet).

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They went into Seattle and that game was in doubt until the final minute. This will not be an easy game. NE knows if they lose they are done.

I agree this could definitely be a tough game but I dont think this is the same team as the Seattle game.  I also think that game was close because the Hawks spotted them a TD and have a historically bad defense.

To your point that they will play us tough the Hawks game was a good example of them getting a lead early on and just trying to hold on.  I worry most about us getting behind early because they are playing super tough and Bellicheck confuses Josh early.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I know Julian Edelman has been hurt.  I wonder if there is more going on to these numbers.  Cam throwing to the left?  Stidman? A desire to run more?  No good TE to clear out the middle?  Check out these numbers....

10/25 vs 9ers 1-13

10/18 vs Broncos 2-8

10/5 vs Chiefs 3-35

09/27 vs Raiders 2-23

09/20 vs Seahawks 8-179

09/13 vs Dolphins 5-57

The fall off after Seattle is precipitous.

Edited by wjag
biwt
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1