Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, gordong said:

https://twitter.com/Robot_Davey

#NFL

NFL_2020_2021_ItTakesAllOfUs_NFL.png

Patriots - Hearing that Houston Texans and New England have “entertained” a trade deal that would bring JJ Watt and Will Fuller to New England.

Gilmore’s home is on market. Listing says offers due by next Tuesday at 5 p.m. ... one hour after NFL trade deadline. (H/T ⁦ ⁩ ...)

I really don’t see the Patriots as buyers at this point... maybe if they beat us on Sunday. 

that guy has made mention of several trades in a “throw crap at wall, claim genius when one sticks” kind of way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Been Vegan for a few months. Down 20 pounds, BP perfect, cholesterol normal. Only thing out of whack with me now is cancer (thus becoming vegan). 

I’ve always been a Pontillo’s guy as I worked there through HS and the beginning of college. 

Loved their subs and would still grab one (sans meat). 😃  The only issue is some of their stores aren’t so good as the family only owns a few these days. Less about quality at the non-family owned stores. 

They had a place in Sarasota, FL that I went to quite a bit. I think they have closed since I moved away, but I’d love a good one around me! 

Congrats on getting some of that stuff under control, and prayers that the rest is beaten as well. 

Our son married a vegetarian and we’ve gotten even better about our diets. We are fish/chicken and veggies almost every day. I also make a lot of veggie and black bean soups.

My BIL is a doctor who married a doctor. She has stage 4 breast cancer they first found in her hip. Knew every doctor in town, and nobody could figure out this hip back pain for 5+ years.

They have gone almost 100% Vegan and he’s seriously into yoga. He’s dropped a ton of weight and they got a resistance pool in the back yard so she can swim and exercise without pain. Hip pain returned and they just went back for tests. Turns out they are THRILLED that she has wicked arthritis in her hip! The cancer is no worse than last year, and every year she gets with her children and family is a gift. They swear the diet is a huge difference maker. 

As always, prayers sent for you and your family. 

Back to football.....maybe I can order Bocces for Sunday’s game? I think Thursday is the deadline to order for the weekend. OK, that’s food, but I’m hungry now! What better way to celebrate a win over the Evil Empire than a special pizza delivery? 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ha! I know the Brighton, Penfield and Bushnells Basin locations are still owned by Dave (2nd generation). 

I originally worked for Tony (one of the original brothers) and when he ‘gave’ the stores to his sons, I ended up working for Dave. Absolutely great guy: still believes that quality is worth charging more for (I agree). 

Outside of the ROC, I don’t keep track. 

The Basin lacation slices are fantastic.  Work in the Basin (now from home) and we would get slices every couple weeks there.  Real solid.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, gordong said:

https://twitter.com/Robot_Davey

#NFL

NFL_2020_2021_ItTakesAllOfUs_NFL.png

Patriots - Hearing that Houston Texans and New England have “entertained” a trade deal that would bring JJ Watt and Will Fuller to New England.

"Robot Davey"? 

Seriously? 

I mean, look at the other stuff he's put out

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really don’t see the Patriots as buyers at this point... maybe if they beat us on Sunday. 

that guy has made mention of several trades in a “throw crap at wall, claim genius when one sticks” kind of way. 

1) never trust a man who says "Trust Me" -Blaze Starr

2) never trust a twitter account with "Robot" in the handle

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

They had a place in Sarasota, FL that I went to quite a bit. I think they have closed since I moved away, but I’d love a good one around me! 

Congrats on getting some of that stuff under control, and prayers that the rest is beaten as well. 

Our son married a vegetarian and we’ve gotten even better about our diets. We are fish/chicken and veggies almost every day. I also make a lot of veggie and black bean soups.

My BIL is a doctor who married a doctor. She has stage 4 breast cancer they first found in her hip. Knew every doctor in town, and nobody could figure out this hip back pain for 5+ years.

They have gone almost 100% Vegan and he’s seriously into yoga. He’s dropped a ton of weight and they got a resistance pool in the back yard so she can swim and exercise without pain. Hip pain returned and they just went back for tests. Turns out they are THRILLED that she has wicked arthritis in her hip! The cancer is no worse than last year, and every year she gets with her children and family is a gift. They swear the diet is a huge difference maker. 

As always, prayers sent for you and your family. 

Back to football.....maybe I can order Bocces for Sunday’s game? I think Thursday is the deadline to order for the weekend. OK, that’s food, but I’m hungry now! What better way to celebrate a win over the Evil Empire than a special pizza delivery? 

Prayers to her, Augie, first and foremost. God it sucks. 

I would never be so presumptuous to say how others should eat but I would, at the very least, recommend LEARNING about why being vegan is, perhaps, beneficial. It is truly a game changer, from a physical standpoint.

My biological metrics are RADICALLY better...and they were in TWO weeks. That was telling to me.  Here’s the thing: I still have pizza (just homemade with vegan cheese and veggies). Steak fries? Yup. Bread (whole wheat)? Yup. You can even stretch and have fast food (Bell or BK without the cheeses and meat) in a pinch.  It’s easier than most think. 

OK, time to crash for me. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Been Vegan for a few months. Down 20 pounds, BP perfect, cholesterol normal. Only thing out of whack with me now is cancer (thus becoming vegan). 

I’ve always been a Pontillo’s guy as I worked there through HS and the beginning of college. 

Loved their subs and would still grab one (sans meat). 😃  The only issue is some of their stores aren’t so good as the family only owns a few these days. Less about quality at the non-family owned stores. 

...Is the one in Batavia the original one?

Hope you're getting better, and feeling good.

Oops!  Sorry!  You already answered my question, to Logic!

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

Good enough.

Whenever I'm back in Rochester, I order Pontillo's more often than not. I'm willing to drive further for pickup for superior quality product.  

Thanks!

As do I.  Well, you know that.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

The Patriots are a bad team that lacks talent. The Bills SHOULD be favored and win.

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Prayers to her, Augie, first and foremost. God it sucks. 

I would never be so presumptuous to say how others should eat but I would, at the very least, recommend LEARNING about why being vegan is, perhaps, beneficial. It is truly a game changer, from a physical standpoint.

My biological metrics are RADICALLY better...and they were in TWO weeks. That was telling to me.  Here’s the thing: I still have pizza (just homemade with vegan cheese and veggies). Steak fries? Yup. Bread (whole wheat)? Yup. You can even stretch and have fast food (Bell or BK without the cheeses and meat) in a pinch.  It’s easier than most think. 

OK, time to crash for me. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃 

I went Lacto-Ovo vegetarian for about 6 months a few years ago. Was surprised that I didn't miss meat at all but I noticed no difference so I went back to eating meat. I was already in great shape and a gym rat but I thought maybe I would feel differently or something but I didn't.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DDCC said:

We need to stay away from Gilmore.   Our game plan will focus on the run 

I’d test him. He can be beat, I really want to see the Gilmore Glance* at least one time. 

*When a player looks at the Jumbotron and acts like it was someone else’s fault for them getting toasted. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i dont think its rocket science, man.... the context is if it was on target or not. it doesnt always have to be a deep dive into something. why would we need a chart of every qb. they are literally telling us right here he's ranked 4th at putting the ball on target.

without having to deep dive into charts and data, i would assume this stat means when he throws the ball it goes where it needs to almost all the time. 

Dunno, I think it matters if he is fourth with 81,2% and all QBs are between 80% and 82%, or if RW is first with 89% and Drew Lock is last with 63%. It would also be fine to have complete list or at least know where does it come from when using this stat as an argument with somebody who believes that he is innacurate.

You don't have to tell me he is accurate - I watch and re-watch every game and know it. And I know that mere fact that he is 4th according to some stats counted by someone sort of confirms it, but would really like to see context.

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Dunno, I think it matters if he is fourth with 81,2% and all QBs are between 80% and 82%, or if RW is first with 89% and Drew Lock is last with 63%. It would also be fine to have complete list or at least know where does it come from when using this stat as an argument with somebody who believes that he is innacurate.

You don't have to tell me he is accurate - I watch and re-watch every game and know it. And I know that mere fact that he is 4th according to some stats counted by someone sort of confirms it, but would really like to see context.

Here is your list: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, DDCC said:

We need to stay away from Gilmore.   Our game plan will focus on the run 

I read an article from ESPN that noted that some "elite" athletes who contact Covid-19 are sometimes no longer the elite players they once were afterwards. I wonder if this happened to Cam Newton and possibly Gilmore.

We will see. 

In any event, I think Diggs is so good that he can get the better of Gilmore! John Brown will be back, Gabe Davis and Ole Bill will probably try to focus on Cole Beasely and attempt to take him away. If the Bills can get their offense back from the first four weeks they might be able to put that wooden stake right where it belongs. :D

3 hours ago, eball said:

Lamar 26th (74.4)

Darnold 27th

Cam 28th

Mayfield 29th (73.5)

🤔

if they redrafted 2018....josh would go #1 overall to Cleveland.

i'm giving darnold a pass....the jets are just awful....he will be the next tannehill. hope the bills pick him up off the scrap heap.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Think it might be what threads are like on boards where the mods are just happy it's not a specifically banned topic so they're 🤷‍♂️

Um, I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but this is a food forum first; we eventually make it around to football...

...wait...

37 minutes ago, papazoid said:

if they redrafted 2018....josh would go #1 overall to Cleveland.

i'm giving darnold a pass....the jets are just awful....he will be the next tannehill. hope the bills pick him up off the scrap heap.

Sam looks really bad right now...almost spooked (I know, "I'm seeing ghosts" -- lol).  Just makes terrible decisions with the ball.  I know it must kill him watching Josh have this kind of success with the two of them being such good friends.  Or maybe it doesn't -- I've suggested previously that Darnold just might not have the "want to" that is needed to succeed at this level.