Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I haven't heard anyone mention Togo's or Quizno's.

Do you think they’re better?

Others who have said Wegmans is a DiBella’s copy...fine. For me, however, there is more meat and better meat on Wegmans subs (I’m vegan now so not so big to me these days). 

I’ll go with a Wegmans sub (or Pontillo’s here in the ROC) over anything else. 

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Others who have said Wegmans is a DiBella’s copy...fine. For me, however, there is more meat and better meat on Wegmans subs (I’m vegan now so not so big to me these days). 

Pontillo's subs?  They're good?

When did you turn vegan?  They measure the meat out now.

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Sub Delicious. 

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Pontillo's subs?  They're good?

When did you turn vegan?  They measure the meat out now.

Been Vegan for a few months. Down 20 pounds, BP perfect, cholesterol normal. Only thing out of whack with me now is cancer (thus becoming vegan). 

I’ve always been a Pontillo’s guy as I worked there through HS and the beginning of college. 

Loved their subs and would still grab one (sans meat). 😃  The only issue is some of their stores aren’t so good as the family only owns a few these days. Less about quality at the non-family owned stores. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

THE best subs are Aunt Cookies in Geneseo, hands down.

9 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

THE best subs are Aunt Cookies in Geneseo, hands down.

They are good, I’ll give you that. I go there every time I’m there for work. 

However, I’d still role with Wegmans before theirs...Aunt Cookies has no whole wheat and I loathe white bread. And that’s why there’s no winning this ‘argument’: it’s all about preference. 😃 

33 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Been Vegan for a few months. Down 20 pounds, BP perfect, cholesterol normal. Only thing out of whack with me now is cancer (thus becoming vegan). 

I’ve always been a Pontillo’s guy as I worked there through HS and the beginning of college. 

Loved their subs and would still grab one (sans meat). 😃  The only issue is some of their stores aren’t so good as the family only owns a few these days. Less about quality at the non-family owned stores. 

Cancer sucks!  Praying for you Troutdog!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Interesting. Do you happen to know which ones the family still owns? Which Pontillo’s locations are best these days? This is critically important to my future pizza and sandwich intake, please and thank you.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Interesting. Do you happen to know which ones the family still owns? Which Pontillo’s locations are best these days? This is critically important to my future pizza and sandwich intake, please and thank you.

Ha! I know the Brighton, Penfield and Bushnells Basin locations are still owned by Dave (2nd generation). 

I originally worked for Tony (one of the original brothers) and when he ‘gave’ the stores to his sons, I ended up working for Dave. Absolutely great guy: still believes that quality is worth charging more for (I agree). 

Outside of the ROC, I don’t keep track. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DDCC said:

We need to stay away from Gilmore.   I believe Oour game plan will should focus on the run 

FIFY

The problem is, we have yet to demonstrate the ability to run the ball worth a darn.

We did some nice stuff with bubble screens out of RPO against the Jets.

Of course, that's on film now for the Evil Hoodie to digest

https://twitter.com/Robot_Davey

#NFL

NFL_2020_2021_ItTakesAllOfUs_NFL.png

Patriots - Hearing that Houston Texans and New England have “entertained” a trade deal that would bring JJ Watt and Will Fuller to New England.

Gilmore’s home is on market. Listing says offers due by next Tuesday at 5 p.m. ... one hour after NFL trade deadline. (H/T ⁦ ⁩ ...)
Edited by gordong

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ha! I know the Brighton, Penfield and Bushnells Basin locations are still owned by Dave (2nd generation). 

I originally worked for Tony (one of the original brothers) and when he ‘gave’ the stores to his sons, I ended up working for Dave. Absolutely great guy: still believes that quality is worth charging more for (I agree). 

Outside of the ROC, I don’t keep track. 

Good enough.

Whenever I'm back in Rochester, I order Pontillo's more often than not. I'm willing to drive further for pickup for superior quality product.  

Thanks!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

https://twitter.com/Robot_Davey

#NFL

NFL_2020_2021_ItTakesAllOfUs_NFL.png

Patriots - Hearing that Houston Texans and New England have “entertained” a trade deal that would bring JJ Watt and Will Fuller to New England.

Gilmore’s home is on market. Listing says offers due by next Tuesday at 5 p.m. ... one hour after NFL trade deadline. (H/T ⁦ ⁩ ...)

Didn't realize Obrien was still in charge there. 

• Haha (+1) 3