Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Isn’t this a lot harder to do with the covid rules. He wouldn’t even get in their building til after the game.

Plus you would probably wanna digest the info a little

which makes the game planning tough.  

I know the hoodie has done us wrong for years but it’ll be ok. 

I think the way it works is that they bring the guy in for a workout and "make it worth his while" for his brain to be picked.  He can't be signed or come into the building, but I don't think there's any rule against the workout including a meeting room at a hotel somewhere and a bunch of brain picking. 

"Done us wrong" - not how I'd put it.  Stolen our cattle and burned our homesteads, more like.  Taken our lunch money.  Pwn'd us.  Why'd he do it?  Because he could.  Because we let him.  And in football terms, it's not "wrong" to do those things to opponents - it's the opponents job to stop 'em.

I am HOPEFUL that this year he doesn't have enough "gas" left in his player's tanks to execute, but he'll still be "ruthless in his pursuit of a competitive advantage" as Mark Sanchez said.  And I'd be a hell of a lot more confident if McDermott and Frazier weren't evidently still trying to figure out who to line up where and whether anyone can play 1T DT

2 hours ago, Billschinatown said:

firehouse is legit garbage....lol stop.

DiBella's and Wegmans are god tier. 

Agree. 100%.

There used to be a place in Rochester that made subs, called Rubino's.  It still exists, in one location, as an Italian grocery store, but used to have multiple locations that made subs.  Anyone remember that place?  I was so young, I can't speak to the quality.

Okay back on topic.  I don't think NE has a chance.  I'm afraid belichick could come out swinging and punch us in the mouth, but, McD's record here is built off of winning games we should.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Disagree, Wegmans subs are a mouthful of bread 

I'm partial to Mike's in Kenmore or John and Marys. Really sucks because I live in Houston and they can't make a proper sub to save their life!!

Although, I did order Anderson's through Goldbelly! Some Beef on Weck, some chocolate/vanilla Twist and Lemon Ice! That was great for the game on Sunday!!!

• Like (+1) 1

DiBella's has "everything bagel" sub rolls, which are just....wow. People outside of New York state don't know how good they have it in the sandwich game.

DiBella's, Wegman's....doesn't matter. Both are outstanding. Come try to find a decent italian sub anywhere on the west coast and get back to me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the way it works is that they bring the guy in for a workout and "make it worth his while" for his brain to be picked.  He can't be signed or come into the building, but I don't think there's any rule against the workout including a meeting room at a hotel somewhere and a bunch of brain picking. 

"Done us wrong" - not how I'd put it.  Stolen our cattle and burned our homesteads, more like.  Taken our lunch money.  Pwn'd us.  Why'd he do it?  Because he could.  Because we let him.  And in football terms, it's not "wrong" to do those things to opponents - it's the opponents job to stop 'em.

I am HOPEFUL that this year he doesn't have enough "gas" left in his player's tanks to execute, but he'll still be "ruthless in his pursuit of a competitive advantage" as Mark Sanchez said.  And I'd be a hell of a lot more confident if McDermott and Frazier weren't evidently still trying to figure out who to line up where and whether anyone can play 1T DT

Sorry was poking fun at the evil genius that we always make the hoodie seem. I get that were a little unsure about our team but I think that’s the BBFS. I feel we had a good get right game against the Jets even if it wasn’t a blow out. 

I am more than hopeful for this game. I am expecting a W and I think we’ve gotten that every time this year we could expect it.  We still have things to figure out but Patriots have a lot more. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Am I wrong to read this and conclude that Sal thinks Bills fans are morons?  Almost a full yard less huh.

If I spent my work hours talking to some of the Bills fans Sal converses with on WGR and Twitter,  I’d probably reach the same conclusion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

@Hapless Bills Fan ‘nother lesson in How a coach speaks about upcoming opponents.😉

McD: ‘yeah, I know Cam from my many years in the NFL. He’s good, so we have to stick to our process..’🤦‍♂️😴

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

@Hapless Bills Fan ‘nother lesson in How a coach speaks about upcoming opponents.😉

McD: ‘yeah, I know Cam from my many years in the NFL. He’s good, so we have to stick to our process..’🤦‍♂️😴

Was Belichick* always this loquacious? I feel like he didn't used to be? I feel like in years past I remember him saying almost nothing during press conferences other than boilerplate cliche's imbued with a monotone that just seethed with disdain for the assembled press. Could it be that he finds himself feeling like he needs to prove that he's the smartest person in the room? Just conjecture.

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Was Belichick* always this loquacious? I feel like he didn't used to be? I feel like in years past I remember him saying almost nothing during press conferences other than boilerplate cliche's imbued with a monotone that just seethed with disdain for the assembled press. Could it be that he finds himself feeling like he needs to prove that he's the smartest person in the room? Just conjecture.

He actually is loquacious. He just gets more pissed at stupid questions than I do and retorts with terse responses. Be articulate with your questions, he’ll respond in kind.

case in point

https://youtu.be/LO3xVsfvi1k

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'll offer that Firehouse Subs are superior in every way to DiBella's, Wegmans, Jersey Mike's and so forth. 

I'll go with Wegmans (but I have never had Dibella's). However, I will drive out of my way to stop in south Philadelphia for the world's greatest cheese-steak experience at Pat's or Geno's. Nothing compares.

7 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I'm partial to Mike's in Kenmore or John and Marys. Really sucks because I live in Houston and they can't make a proper sub to save their life!!

Although, I did order Anderson's through Goldbelly! Some Beef on Weck, some chocolate/vanilla Twist and Lemon Ice! That was great for the game on Sunday!!!

Mike's are good!

7 hours ago, Logic said:

DiBella's has "everything bagel" sub rolls, which are just....wow. People outside of New York state don't know how good they have it in the sandwich game.

DiBella's, Wegman's....doesn't matter. Both are outstanding. Come try to find a decent italian sub anywhere on the west coast and get back to me. 

They probably consider avocado toast a sub out there

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes but....

I love me some Smoke.  On the other hand, how much of that is due to a shift in how teams started playing us, starting with the very successful Tennessee shutdown which coincided with Brown's absence?  In other words is it kind of correlation rather than causation?

Smoke runs those cover-2 beaters to the boundary as well as anyone, and he’s a guy that Allen trusts a lot. His absence definitely makes a difference.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Connecting dots.....is that you Dunkirk Don?

I had feeling that Feliciano would be activated yesterday. All the dots pointed in that direction. He must have passed all the required tests.  It is a big plus. Definitely gives us the nasty streak.  We got Brown and Milano back too.  Doesn’t look good for Ford. The dots are not aligning.  Hopefully we can get him back soon

1 minute ago, DDCC said:

I had feeling that Feliciano would be activated yesterday. All the dots pointed in that direction. He must have passed all the required tests.  It is a big plus. Definitely gives us the nasty streak.  We got Brown and Milano back too.  Doesn’t look good for Ford. The dots are not aligning.  Hopefully we can get him back soon

Well since yesterday was the deadline and he had already returned to practice, it was pretty apparent.

Did you see a practice report with the status of Brown?

We got Milano back last week.

• Like (+1) 2