Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

From wiki

"Wegmans has incorporated DiBella's style sub shops into their stores, with consultation from the DiBella family, but they are not actual DiBella's restaurants. Top New York food critic Derek Ellis has suggested the Wegman's sub may have even surpassed the original DiBella's sub, though this claim was met with criticism from New York Times food critic Matthew Krush.[citation needed]"

Wegmans subs are radically better than DiBella’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I  wonder what Cody Ford status is. I’d like to get winters off the field 

Winters will still be playing Sunday. I expect them to ease Mongo back into the rotation and have him on a snap count. Which means Winters will be playing RG at least 50% of the time. That being said I don't mind Winters as a backup but its clear he is a below average NFL guard, not a bad guy to plug in when a starter is hurt for a few games but not very good either. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes but....

I love me some Smoke.  On the other hand, how much of that is due to a shift in how teams started playing us, starting with the very successful Tennessee shutdown which coincided with Brown's absence?  In other words is it kind of correlation rather than causation?

It's probably both, but Brown is undeniably important to what they want to do on offense. He stretches the field like no one else can on that offense, besides maybe Diggs.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's probably both, but Brown is undeniably important to what they want to do on offense. He stretches the field like no one else can on that offense, besides maybe Diggs.

No question that last year, defenses could double up on Smoke and shut him down because we had nobody else.

Also no question that when we have both Smoke and Diggs out there, they have to "pick their poison"

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes but....

I love me some Smoke.  On the other hand, how much of that is due to a shift in how teams started playing us, starting with the very successful Tennessee shutdown which coincided with Brown's absence?  In other words is it kind of correlation rather than causation?

I think it’s important to remember that John brown was a 1000 yard WR last year. Josh trusts him. He knows when to come back for the ball when josh is scrambling around in the pocket. He had 4.36 speed that teams need to respect - no one else runs below a 4.4 except maybe mckenzie but we know Daboll only uses him one way.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

#SubWars was not what I expected this week but I’ve learned a lot 

... and it's all about DiBella's, if you're no longer in WNY.  You see, Wegmans and DiBella's are nearly the same exact style, however, DiBella's had more ingredients last time I was there- most notably multiple types of peppers that you can add to your Italian sub.  Since it's basically a waste of time to get "Italian" anything around here, I appreciate anything that adds to my Italian experience back home.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'll offer that Firehouse Subs are superior in every way to DiBella's, Wegmans, Jersey Mike's and so forth. 

Went there once, I paid for a briscuit meat type sub and I ended up throwing half of it out. Saltiest thing I've ever eaten. Never again. Wegmans subs are good. But I'd kill for a DiBellos in Erie, PA. Jersey Mike's is good too though. But give me Dibellos. I've been there once, and to this day it's the best sub I've ever had.

Edited by Bferra13

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Also cut Deon Lacey and promoted Andre Smith. (What's the betting Belicheck brings him in?).  He's played in 5 games for us, ST only.

Isn’t this a lot harder to do with the covid rules. He wouldn’t even get in their building til after the game.

Plus you would probably wanna digest the info a little

which makes the game planning tough.  

I know the hoodie has done us wrong for years but it’ll be ok.