Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I would take him on the PS in a heart Beat to see if he ever gets it.  He is talented.

Physically talented and played well enough at Ohio State To have been considered a top CB in his class. However, His lack of ability to stick with a team is completely troubling.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair.

I think they play the Pats similarly to how they played the Titans: Sell out to stop the run and dare Cam to beat you. The Bills effectively limited Henry in that game. Obviously, Tannehill was able to beat them through the air. Cam, however, is not even in Tannehill's universe currently in the passing game, nor are the Patriots receivers anywhere near as good as Tennessee's.

Having Milano in the lineup and having Ed Oliver apparently back at full health will help. So will Pats guard Thuney missing the game.

They need to have one important difference: our selling out to stop the run vs Titans did NOT contain Tannehill.  He had more than 1/3 of their rushing yards, and his rushes were critical: a TD run at the end of the half to put us down 21-10 at the half, 23 yd scamper for 1st down in the 4Q

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Physically talented and played well enough at Ohio State To have been considered a top CB in his class. However, His lack of ability to stick with a team is completely troubling.

I agree with the talent however he is a mess in the locker room.  Even the raiders didn’t want him. You starting connecting the dots and he has to be a troublemaker. I think we will pass

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Here he couldn’t practice today because of a lingering Hammy. And then got cut because of it. 

12 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I agree with the talent however he is a mess in the locker room.  Even the raiders didn’t want him. You starting connecting the dots and he has to be a troublemaker. I think we will pass

Connecting dots.....is that you Dunkirk Don?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DDCC said:

Now see what a nice post you can make when you let go of the "insider" schtick and just speak for yourself?  "I think we will pass", Bravo! 

I hope you are right!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Belichik knows Daboll very well and even if the Bills try to run the ball down the Pats throat early he's going to be ready for that and there is no proof we will be able to have any success anyway given how bad the teams we've faced the last 3 weeks were stopping the run as well.

What concerns me most about this game is that Belichik and McDaniels will show something on offense the Bills aren't ready for and on defense they have always made Allen look terrible and force him into multiple turnovers, he played one of his worst games ever last year against Pats in Buffalo before getting injured.

Basically what you're saying here is that Belichek lives in Brian Daboll's head rent free and can steal McDermott's lunch money.

It's possible

OTOH, if anyone ought to understand Cam Newton's capabilities and flaws, McDermott should be near the front of the line. 

What does "always" mean to you?  To me, it means...well...always...every time

Box Score from 2nd NE game last year.  I don't see the multiple turnovers.  In fact, late in the 4th we were on the NE 8 yd line and if it weren't for the refs ignoring a blatant face mask on Allen and the Pats getting a critical stop, we would likely have tied it.

The part where we drove into scoring position 8x but got kept out of the EZ last week is very concerning to me

image.png.e44ffa906c07ed3880d30b3ac83ade3b.png

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thank GOD!!!

Got there first, but the Merge Monster bit me.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-activate-guard-jon-feliciano-and-promote-linebacker-andre-smith

Also cut Deon Lacey and promoted Andre Smith. (What's the betting Belicheck brings him in?).  He's played in 5 games for us, ST only.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I  wonder what Cody Ford status is. I’d like to get winters off the field 

I was hoping for an update on Cody Ford from BangedUp, but he let me down

https://bangedupbills.com/

Has some interesting stuff I'd missed about Josh Allen's shoulder - that he took the brace off in the 4Q against the Chiefs, Bangedup believes to improve his shoulder mechanics which he (Bangedup) sees as having been altered by the injury.  That vs. the Jets, he was playing with kinesotape under a less restrictive, different brace.

Has some stuff about Tre' White's back injury, Lewis hand, and Milano.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Basically what you're saying here is that Belichek lives in Brian Daboll's head rent free and can steal McDermott's lunch money.

It's possible

OTOH, if anyone ought to understand Cam Newton's capabilities and flaws, McDermott should be near the front of the line. 

What does "always" mean to you?  To me, it means...well...always...every time

Box Score from 2nd NE game last year.  I don't see the multiple turnovers.  In fact, late in the 4th we were on the NE 8 yd line and if it weren't for the refs ignoring a blatant face mask on Allen and the Pats getting a critical stop, we would likely have tied it.

The part where we drove into scoring position 8x but got kept out of the EZ last week is very concerning to me

image.png.e44ffa906c07ed3880d30b3ac83ade3b.png

MONGO!