Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Go back and look at some of the Patriot's games from the mid 2000's. Belichick at one point was being criticized for running up the score, that's where "we play to win" came from.

So you want revenge for that?  I just want a W so they can sit at 2-5. 

I found a win probability chart from 2008.  Up 2 scores in the 4th and you have a 90% WP.  That seems significant to me that youre gonna win.  I think your 5 min cut off is arbitrary (unless your willing to include smaller leads, i.e. the Dolphins game).   

http://archive.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2008/08/win-probability.html

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, not me, an earlier poster desired the Bills run up the score on them. While I would not mind that, it won't happen.

K.  If you think throwing with a >90% WP is not being conservative then I suggest we start thinking of McD as aggressive this year.  Would agree with previous years we would be conservative.

Carl Banks on WFAN making me feel good about this week...says SF did nothing fancy scheme or anything wise. Ran the same plays over and over, and the Pats just couldn't answer.  Said it was the first time in years he saw so many NE guys just out of position and looking...badly prepared.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Don’t play man against Cam—that’s one thing he can beat. He’ll run and create offense with some matchups. Zone him; he isn’t going to pick you apart

Hey I’ll call them bad when they’re bad. No issue with that... but to compare Buffalo’s relative suckitude to NE’s****** in losing 4 straight is misguided IMO.

I think they are very comparable. Both teams should be better. Instead, both teams have sucked of late. Thus, the comparison.

The Bills better be prepared for Cam Newton running and the Pats trying to bully us by running for over 200 yards. This is a classic strategy deployed around this time of year by Belichick. Insert 6 OL and 3TEs and run the ball down our throats. We must be up to the task. To counter we better have a lot of 6 DL fronts, with 3 LBs and 3 safeties. This is not a game we want to be embrassed physically. This is another test for the Bills in the AFCE. Can we out hit the bully?

Edited by Dr.Sack

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Jeff Garcia goes off on Cam Newton 😂😂😂

Good for Garcia...someone had to say it! Newton acts like he wants to be a runway model more than play football...🤣😂

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

The Bills better be prepared for Cam Newton running and the Pats trying to bully us by running for over 200 yards. This is a classic strategy deployed around this time of year by Belichick. Insert 6 OL and 3TEs and run the ball down our throats. We must be up to the task. To counter we better have a lot of 6 DL fronts, with 3 LBs and 3 safeties. This is not a game we want to be embrassed physically. This is another test for the Bills in the AFCE. Can we out touch the bully?

I think we sellout to stop the run, the opposite of the game plan against KC. Make Newton beat us through the air. 

• Like (+1) 1

I so hope we play aggressive and get ourselves a 2 score lead early and then we can load up and force Cam to throw. These Pats are built like the old Bills were, once they are down 10 points they are done. Spread the field, let Josh run hog wild on their zones , throw a bunch of short passes to Cole and the TEs when BB blitzes because that is all he is going to do all game long.. 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Andre Roberts?

I thought the same thing....   

Wallace coming potentially coming back is a good thing to..   he was after all the #2 CB on the third best defense last year.

Edited by gordong

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

BB has outcoached the Bills for decades with Brady (I know Cassel in 2008).  McDermott gets a bit of an edge knowing everything about Cam.

This could help a lot with the Bills D against the Pats* O.  I have big expectations on the Ds game plan against Cam.

LB Copeland out is big loss for their Special Teams. 

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

He was more aggressive in the first 4 games, or rather he allowed Daboll to be more aggressive. However I suspect the fun is over, after the losses I think McDermott will show he has reverted. Next few games will prove this out IMO.

You need to take into account how Our opponents started to play us.....with 2 deep safeties and giving us the short game.  That’s why things have changed.  Josh would still be throwing haymakers all over the field if teams were playing our WRs 1 on 1 with little help over the top.  That’s not the case.  They’re forcing us to nickel and dime them to death with hopes that Allen will make a mistake along the way.  It’s worked when Allen tries to get aggressive and forces passes

• Like (+1) 6