Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Is that on Daboll or Allen? I’d say good job by Daboll getting players open, bad job by Allen finding the open man. 

The OLINE has been a bit porous these last few games..  I've seen DLINE running wild in the Bills backfield these last three games.

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

what does this have to do with this year?  does it make you happy remembering what happened 18 years ago?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Worth noting heading into this week, I remember this game well as it essentially derailed a promising season and this was one a few times the Pats didn't win the division with Brady and Belichik (2002 and 2008).

This was also Bledsoe's record setting year in Buffalo but he also cooled down after a hot start similar to what Allen and the offense has shown the last 3 weeks:

Worth noting? More like worthless. That has nothing to do with either of these teams anymore. 

Um, wow: 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/sports/football/patriots-49ers.html

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

Newton, who continued to take the blame for the loss, elaborated: “The energy has definitely been off for me, and at times it’s not rewarding when you’re just going out there with this aura about yourself that’s not you.”’

He added: “I have fun playing this football game, but the performances here hasn’t been somewhat delightful for me to have fun in doing so. So I just got to be better.”

I understood every word!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um, wow: 

tl;dr

"It's not fun when I suck."

39 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Hmmm, what does Bledsoe and 2002 have anything to do with Allen and 2020? Are you another Pats fan that has infiltrated the board?  We need to Start having tests to be on this board!  Prove your a Bills fan or state that you are a fan of another team. Ha

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

tl;dr

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

tl;dr

Ha! I’d expand it a little: “It’s not fun when I suck and I’ve lost my mojo.”

1 hour ago, EersN'Bills said:

You'd think if anyone would be able to find a way to neutralize Cam, it's McDermott. And Cam has looked awful lately.

I'm pretty confident, though you know BB can slow down Josh and he knows Daboll.

I think Bills win, but it'll be closer than it should be. Pats will play angry after last week.

The problem NE presents is a very good secondary and a creative pass rush. The Bills can’t run the ball well, and they are a pass-first team. I don’t expect a ton of points. Don’t look now, but the Bills haven’t scored 20 points in 3 straight weeks.

For me, this game is enormous.

Win, and you’re 6-2 with a stranglehold on the division and have exorcised the proverbial Pats****** demon. 

Lose, and you’ve opened the door to missing the playoffs after starting red hot.

This game hinges on the offense. We know what the Pats****** will do: they’ll try to take away Diggs and make Allen beat them with the short stuff. Force him to be patient and try to keep him out of the end zone like the Jets did. Buffalo is going to have to counter with some creative designs to develop red zone mismatches and/or create space to run the ball effectively down inside the 20.

Defensively the book is out on Cam: sit back in coverage and he can’t hurt you.

• Like (+1) 4