Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If I was superstitious it would. But what it does do is crank up the expectation of the Bills coaches. Are they up for it? dun dun daaaaaaaa! "Tune in next week to see our heroes battle the evil genious, will they prevail."

It helps that the evil genius is looking a lot less like Lex Luthor, and a lot more like Cobra Commander lately.

• Haha (+1) 2

Newton's throwing motion looks like it did last season when he was playing with a right shoulder injury.  Maybe all the running in the first few weeks has him injured again.  He was routinely bouncing passes in front of open receivers.  Nothing about his performance yesterday has me worried about the upcoming game.  The only thing that bothers me right now is Dabol's play selection in the red zone. Beasley was open at the goal line repeatedly with no targets. Running Singletary into the weak side of the formation with no lead block failed repeatedly also. It was one of his worse games as a play caller.  Hopefully, he sees the need to change things up to play Bellicheat.

• Like (+1) 3

The only reason to be afraid of this game is a 68 year old man who won't play a single down.

I'm sure I'll eat my words, but the Pats are just a bad football team with a coach we've come to fear and no where near the talent level of the last decade or more.

Look at how guys are flocking to Tampa.  Now look at the Pats roster.  Outside of Cam, (who looks as broken as the other 31 teams thought he was) who are the bargain mid level FAs they use to patch the roster for the last decade plus?  They've drafted poorly for the last 5+ years.  They got hit harder than any team in the league with opt outs.  They have ~3 pro bowl caliber players, one is a guard and one plays special teams.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Newton's throwing motion looks like it did last season when he was playing with a right shoulder injury.  Maybe all the running in the first few weeks has him injured again.  He was routinely bouncing passes in front of open receivers.  Nothing about his performance yesterday has me worried about the upcoming game.  The only thing that bothers me right now is Dabol's play selection in the red zone. Beasley was open at the goal line repeatedly with no targets. Running Singletary into the weak side of the formation with no lead block failed repeatedly also. It was one of his worse games as a play caller.  Hopefully, he sees the need to change things up to play Bellicheat.

So why is that on Daboll?

• Like (+1) 1

at least 5 on the LOS all day with run and pass blitzes. Get Josh running early so he settles himself down. Take what the D gives you. Dont be afraid of Gilmore, lots of comeback routes with Diggs. 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, chris heff said:

So Cam was benched does he stay benched?

I don't think so.  Unless he is harboring an injury we don't know about.  SF had the better scheme and players on Sunday.  I fully expect a spirited effort this week from the Patriots.  To quote Barry Switzer, yes that Barry Switzer when he was the coach of Oklahoma preparing to play Nebraska, "we will just have to out-athlete them".

• Like (+1) 1

It'll be interesting to see if the Bills D game-plan is similar to the Chiefs game-plan to basically take away (in this case) the running game and make Cam and the relatively ineffective Pats passing game beat us.

On O, having Brown back healthy would be a huge lift.  We were super competitive in both games last year against the Pats and just came up short.  And that was with the Pats having all their defensive starters.

My gut says don't be too confident, but my mind and looking at the state of each team's rosters has me saying we take this!

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He was announced as the starter immediately following yesterday’s game 

Probably a "stop the bleeding and let's not destroy this guy's confidence" move by Billy boy.