Gilmore on the block?

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

15 receptions for 201 yards  and 3 tds if this site is to be believed https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tredavious-white/

so about 2 catches and 28 yards a game. A TD just under every other game( that was for 7 games forgot he missed titans)

never forget, you must REMEMBER THE TITANS.

i'll see myself out.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And has the worst pass defense in the league this year (or close to it).  It's a serious need there.

I think they would align right cost-wise as well.........I can't believe that anyone would trade a #1 for his expiring contract........but Seattle has that late #2 that makes sense.

Then since they dealt 2 firsts and a third for Jamal Adams already..........they could basically take the draft off and focus on undrafted free agency.:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

1) he didn’t get traded from Buffalo

2) he wanted to get paid; it had nothing to do with not wanting to be in Buffalo—that’s just something fans say practically every time a player leaves and gets big money elsewhere 

Exactly.

Whaley and McD could have tagged him but didn't 

And then McD and Beane screwed the team out of a 3rd round comp pick by keeping Ducasse and a wr that was terrible 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Makes sense.  Watched some of the 49ers game yesterday.  Gilmore was playing like he didn’t want to be there.  

It wouldn't be the first time that Gilmore was dogging it.

PS: I do hope that nobody here dares to suggest that drafting a defensive back in the top 10  is anything less than a splendid way to build a team. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Exactly.

Whaley and McD could have tagged him but didn't 

And then McD and Beane screwed the team out of a 3rd round comp pick by keeping Ducasse and a wr that was terrible 

They tagged Glenn; they couldn’t tag Gilmore at that point.

And cutting Vlad and Holmes wasn’t enough; they’d have had to cut another FA acquisition.

23 hours ago, Rigotz said:

1) we don’t have the cap space for him

2) he’s overpaid

3) it makes zero sense to have two $20+MM corners

4) he’s not worth a 1st round pick

4.  Since when is the defending player of the year not worth a first round pick... 

4 should be.. The Pats would never trade him to Buffalo..

Will they dump people or try to get people?

New England has eight picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, in addition to three projected compensatory selections for losing free agents Tom Brady, Kyle Van Noy over the offseason.

So the Patriots have plenty of picks to dangle on the trade market in search of a wide receiver, tight end, pass rusher or another type of player.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-trade-deadline-recapping-2021-204745698.html

Of course, there's a possibility the Patriots decide to be sellers and not buyers at the trade deadline. New England enters Week 8 with a 2-4 record, which puts them in 12th place in the AFC and third place in the AFC East division. The Patriots lost 33-6 at home to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, and they certainly didn't look like a team worth using draft assets to upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DDCC said:

He is on the block.  The pats are looking for two number 1s.  The raiders reached out to the patriots 

Source?

23 hours ago, Rigotz said:

1) we don’t have the cap space for him

2) he’s overpaid

3) it makes zero sense to have two $20+MM corners

4) he’s not worth a 1st round pick

I agree with #1...the rest I think are highly debatable 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Mango said:

Anybody see what the dudes cap hit is this year? $25M? Wow

Yes but did you see his cap hit for next year? It’s Nothing.. why he is playing like crap I am sure.. he wants a new deal and BB will not give it to him.. I see him on Seattle by Wednesday next week.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes but did you see his cap hit for next year? It’s Nothing.. why he is playing like crap I am sure.. he wants a new deal and BB will not give it to him.. I see him on Seattle by Wednesday next week.

People are just bonkers about cornerbacks 🤣

A guy that’s allowed 16 completions and 1 TD in 6 games is “playing like crap”.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GilmSt00.htm

I swear, unless a CB allows zero catches and has 25 INTs people think he’s garbage. 

Unbelievable.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think you got that a little backwards. His first 3 years were dirt cheap, like $8-9M against the cap. $25M this year $17.7M next year. His dead cap for 2021. So the Pats can get out of it for like $7.7M.

If this were last year I would absolutely consider it for Buffalo. We had tons of space. We spent way too much on not even good play on the front 7 and then a ton more on old man Norman. I would rather have Gilmore next to Tre for two years than AJ Klein, Josh Norman, and Trent Murphy at approximately the same value (you can pepper in some combination of Addison, Butler, and/or Jefferson)

(Disclaimer: Not knocking Beane- Totally just a "what if")

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/stephon-gilmore-9820/

• Like (+1) 1