Gilmore on the block?

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

That's probably right.  I keep forgetting that he only has 1 year left on his mega deal.  Time has really flown!

Seahawks and 49ers may create a bidding war between them.

Seattle makes a ton of sense; I wouldn’t be shocked to see KC or Pittsburgh try to get in on that action either.

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Seattle makes a ton of sense; I wouldn’t be shocked to see KC or Pittsburgh try to get in on that action either.

I'd be somewhat (but not totally) surprised to see him dealt to an AFC team.  Not sure Pittsburgh really plays enough man coverage for the fit to make sense.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'd be somewhat (but not totally) surprised to see him dealt to an AFC team.  Not sure Pittsburgh really plays enough man coverage for the fit to make sense.

normally would say the same but what do they care if KC takes a small mortgage out on their future to win now?

pats aren’t a contender currently, as hard as that is to get used to 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And has the worst pass defense in the league this year (or close to it).  It's a serious need there.

Yea definitely. I think a team in the NFC West makes a lot of sense. I agree with you about AFC but the Patriots have shown not really to care about that. Wonder if Tennessee would sniff around.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Patriots still have 2 games against the Jets.  I think if they lose to Bills this weekend, they will be in full tank mode and those 2 games against the Jets will feature 2 teams trying to both lose the game.  

It certainly would be interesting to see, could be epic.  I assume Belichek with his creativity to manufacture ways to loss without being totally obvious.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Ok I just have to know: has anyone actually looked at how many completions Tre has allowed this year?

Not picking on you specifically...

15 receptions for 201 yards  and 3 tds if this site is to be believed https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tredavious-white/

so about 2 catches and 28 yards a game. A TD just under every other game( that was for 7 games forgot he missed titans)

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if you are the Pats, does 1 year of Gilmore bring more value than a top draft pick?

makes total sense to move him, get the pick and spend the $$ elsewhere instead of a one year rental outside their super bowl window 

Yep, it would be the classic Patriot way, trade away the ageing superstar before they decline, get the max value.

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

15 receptions for 201 yards  and 3 tds if this site is to be believed https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tredavious-white/

PFR has him allowing 10 receptions in 6 games for 2 TDs.

So we’re talking about between 1 and 2 receptions per game, and some folks are losing their minds over some apparent “regression” 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I would not want to see him back on the Bills. Good player, ***** attitude.

I will say however, Gilmore has played much better than White after getting paid. White has dropped significantly after securing a big contract, not cool.

White has a  bad back. 

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

Anybody see what the dudes cap hit is this year? $25M? Wow

A very un-patriot-like number.  It's almost dear I say, unpatriotic?

That's the real reason Brady left, the CB1 was making more coin than the QB1.  🙂 

Edited by wjag
biwt

1 minute ago, wjag said:

A very un-patriot-like number.  It's almost dear I say, unpatriotic?

That's the real reason Brady left, the CB1 was making more coin than the QB1.  🙂 

There is some credence to that. That contract is a huge reason why they didn't have enough cash to get a deal done. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Makes sense.  Watched some of the 49ers game yesterday.  Gilmore was playing like he didn’t want to be there.  

Maybe Tampa will make room for him 

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Belly’s been exposed without the goat dropping dimes all over the field.  

Might as well blow it up and start over. 

Belli's pushing 70. He's not going to be coaching forever.  And he's not getting another goat anytime soon. I could see him hang up the hoodie in a couple years.

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Patriots over Paid Gilmore we over paid White and the Panthers over paid Norman. Gilmore is having a slightly down year but nothing close to the down year White is having. If traded right now Im guessing the Patriots might get a 2nd and a 5th for Gilmore. If we traded White right now we would get a 4th rounder and a bag of chips.

Panthers drafted, played franchise tag and rescinded franchise tag. Washington overpaid.