Gilmore on the block?

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He wasn’t traded off of the Bills.  We let him leave as a FA. 

True, but he played like he didn’t want yo be here, 😁

Edited by Don Otreply

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I’d ship ‘em a 3 for Thuney right now. At worst you get it back in 2022 draft after he signs a big FA deal.

Isn't he on the tag though? Not sure we can fit him under the cap, can we?

As for Gilmore.... pondering potential trade destinations..... would have to be a team in the race who need a corner..... San Fran? Seattle? Green Bay? Not looked at cap numbers to see how feasible any of those are.

The Patriots over Paid Gilmore we over paid White and the Panthers over paid Norman. Gilmore is having a slightly down year but nothing close to the down year White is having. If traded right now Im guessing the Patriots might get a 2nd and a 5th for Gilmore. If we traded White right now we would get a 4th rounder and a bag of chips.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

1) he didn’t get traded from Buffalo

2) he wanted to get paid; it had nothing to do with not wanting to be in Buffalo—that’s just something fans say practically every time a player leaves and gets big money elsewhere 

Yes I was wrong on the trade thing, but he sure didn’t want to be here, and played that way towards the end, that can’t really be argued

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

But he was playing poorly before the back/didn't want to play the COVIDS injury...

My understanding is that he suffered it initially in week 2 and played on for a couple of games before the discomfort became such that they sat him.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Makes sense.  Watched some of the 49ers game yesterday.  Gilmore was playing like he didn’t want to be there.  

Well, Bills fans should be familiar with that particular behavior from Gilmore.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

1) we don’t have the cap space for him

2) he’s overpaid

3) it makes zero sense to have two $20+MM corners

4) he’s not worth a 1st round pick

I mean, the guy did win Defensive Player of the Year last season.  Come on now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

True, but he played like he didn’t want yo be here, 😁

I think he wanted paid - and to win.  I think he was frustrated here because he had to play out his fifth year option with no extension and we weren’t all that competitive as a team.  He got both with NE.  Until recently that is.  Now he’s just getting paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wjag said:

Anything, and I mean anything, that dismantles the Patriots, I'm all for.  Send him to TB or KC.  They seem to be able to sign anyone they want. 🙂 

I grew up hating the Dolphins.  I want to go back to that for the next decade or so.

Let the fire sale begin!

Just now, BarleyNY said:

I think he wanted paid - and to win.  I think he was frustrated here because he had to play out his fifth year option with no extension and we weren’t all that competitive as a team.  He got both with NE.  Until recently that is.  Now he’s just getting paid. 

Those are all valid points, in essence, ya can’t really blame him, the Bills were not at that time a winning organization. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Those are all valid points, in essence, ya can’t really blame him, the Bills were not at that time a winning organization. 

Yeah. I don’t.  And I understand that he is a CB who excels in man coverage and we were moving to a zone, primarily C-3 scheme so we probably didn’t want to pay him to see how he played bail technique.  I get it, but I always hate moving on from elite players because they don’t fit a new scheme. It seems to me like great coaches should be able to adapt their scheme to maximize the impact of great players.  It was probably just too late to salvage the relationship when McD got here.  We were at a point where a franchise tag was our only option and that would’ve likely led to a disgruntled player on and off the field. 

18 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Patriots over Paid Gilmore we over paid White and the Panthers over paid Norman. Gilmore is having a slightly down year but nothing close to the down year White is having. If traded right now Im guessing the Patriots might get a 2nd and a 5th for Gilmore. If we traded White right now we would get a 4th rounder and a bag of chips.

I think this COVID thing is really messing with White's head.  If I remember correctly he was really close to opting out this year.  It seems like he is shying away from contact.  I am also convinced the Tenn game he told the coaches he wasn't comfortable playing due to the covid issues ten was having at the time.  Just a thought, but he looks like a totally different player out there this year compared to years past.