Gilmore on the block?

Per Albert Breer:

2) At two different junctures this year—before the draft and toward the start of camp—the Patriots had discussions with other teams about a potential Stephon Gilmore trade. Would New England revisit that now? It seems increasingly likely that he could be elsewhere in 2021, so exploring the idea again, with the team at 2–4, wouldn’t be unheard of.

3) A fact I picked up doing research for my Sunday shows on NBC Sports Boston about a Gilmore trade: Ten players have been dealt for a first-round pick or a first-rounder-plus since April 2018. All 10 of those players were 27 or younger at the time of the deal.

Breer is very plugged in and doesn’t post stuff like this unless there’s real legs to it... wonder what the thinking is?  I guess it must be that they’re rebuilding so it doesn’t make sense to be paying top dollar for a defensive back?

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Per Albert Breer:

2) At two different junctures this year—before the draft and toward the start of camp—the Patriots had discussions with other teams about a potential Stephon Gilmore trade. Would New England revisit that now? It seems increasingly likely that he could be elsewhere in 2021, so exploring the idea again, with the team at 2–4, wouldn’t be unheard of.

3) A fact I picked up doing research for my Sunday shows on NBC Sports Boston about a Gilmore trade: Ten players have been dealt for a first-round pick or a first-rounder-plus since April 2018. All 10 of those players were 27 or younger at the time of the deal.

Breer is very plugged in and doesn’t post stuff like this unless there’s real legs to it... wonder what the thinking is?  I guess it must be that they’re rebuilding so it doesn’t make sense to be paying top dollar for a defensive back?

I saw this elsewhere too yesterday, so not just breer. I think he could be moved 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

1) we don’t have the cap space for him

2) he’s overpaid

3) it makes zero sense to have two $20+MM corners

4) he’s not worth a 1st round pick

Doesn’t have anything to do with the Bills other than. He could be traded before our game this week 

• Like (+1) 15

Anything, and I mean anything, that dismantles the Patriots, I'm all for.  Send him to TB or KC.  They seem to be able to sign anyone they want. 🙂 

I grew up hating the Dolphins.  I want to go back to that for the next decade or so.

Edited by wjag
biwt
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Makes sense.  Watched some of the 49ers game yesterday.  Gilmore was playing like he didn’t want to be there.  

That’s why he was let go from the Bills team, he didn’t want to be here... 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Don Otreply said:

That’s why he got traded off the Bills team, he didn’t want to be here... 

1) he didn’t get traded from Buffalo

2) he wanted to get paid; it had nothing to do with not wanting to be in Buffalo—that’s just something fans say practically every time a player leaves and gets big money elsewhere 

• Like (+1) 3