It’s all about this week (Pats***)

eball

I took a week off of following the Bills last week.  Wasn’t interested in the negativity I knew was abounding here and elsewhere and had nothing to look forward to about yesterday’s game.  As long as they didn’t get further injured and Allen didn’t regress the sole purpose was just to get a W.  It turns out the defense had a nice little revival and our kicker got a lot of practice.  Job done.

This week’s game vs. NE*** is a referendum on McD’s tenure as Bills coach.  The Bills are much more talented and the Pats*** are an absolute mess.  After giving KC all they could handle they’ve dropped two straight in miserable fashion.  There is absolutely no excuse for this Bills team to lose to the Pats*** next week — not when they have the opportunity right in front of them to grab further control of the division (4-0), break the psychological chain of NE*** dominance, and bury the Pats*** into a 2-5 hole.

This is it.  Period.

• Like (+1) 2

This mystique of the Pats and Bill fans is legendary.

I agree it is a referendum, on McDermot as HC.  If McDermott is a great coach this should be a win, hands down.

It will be interesting to see what they threw at Allen, i assume a lot like the Chiefs.  Just  keep a high safety and take away long passes, force us to run and short passes.  Meanwhile they are going to try and tun us to death.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I took a week off of following the Bills last week.  Wasn’t interested in the negativity I knew was abounding here and elsewhere and had nothing to look forward to about yesterday’s game.  As long as they didn’t get further injured and Allen didn’t regress the sole purpose was just to get a W.  It turns out the defense had a nice little revival and our kicker got a lot of practice.  Job done.

This week’s game vs. NE*** is a referendum on McD’s tenure as Bills coach.  The Bills are much more talented and the Pats*** are an absolute mess.  After giving KC all they could handle they’ve dropped two straight in miserable fashion.  There is absolutely no excuse for this Bills team to lose to the Pats*** next week — not when they have the opportunity right in front of them to grab further control of the division (4-0), break the psychological chain of NE*** dominance, and bury the Pats*** into a 2-5 hole.

This is it.  Period.

As long as they have Belichick they're still dangerous. He can scheme any part of our team he wants, especially Josh.   This game means the division. Something we haven't won in what seems like 100 years. Sean can't be conservative. We have to treat this as our biggest game of the year because it is.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

we know how this will work.  

if the bills lose...it's the same old bills.

if the bills win...it's not significant because they're a different team, brady isn't there, etc.

i don't care how the bills get this win.  they need to take it and grab control of the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

To not see this as a big game is to ignore the past 20 years of Bills football.

It IS a big game. There can be no denying it.

I wasn't, but I can see how it came off that way. 

Just a weird dynamic after years of futility in this division. 

5 minutes ago, teef said:

we know how this will work.  

if the bills lose...it's the same old bills.

if the bills win...it's not significant because they're a different team, brady isn't there, etc.

i don't care how the bills get this win.  they need to take it and grab control of the division.

There are no excuses if the Bills win.  Beating the Pats*** in a game that matters to Buffalo is all that matters.

1 minute ago, eball said:

There are no excuses if the Bills win.  Beating the Pats*** in a game that matters to Buffalo is all that matters.

absolutely.  no excuses in either direction.  they have to win this game.  

I really don't believe that any single game can define any coach or player. Time and time again it has been shown that bad teams can win big games and good teams can lose big games. Seldom is a good organization suddenly bad (maybe the Falcons were after their SB collapse) and almost never are poor organizations suddenly good. It takes a long time for these things to change. Beane and McDermott have begun a transformation to a good organization and have a good team.

It will be a nice measuring stick to win at home vs NE. We should win and we probably will because we are the better team. But, in the NFL no team cannot win a given game. The Jets will surely beat someone who least expects it. There is one absolute. We will all know without doubt where the Bills are in their transition after the NE game.