Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!

Hebert19

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I cant remember a schedule this hard... I've maintained since last spring if this years team wins 9 vs this schedule its probably a better team than last years 10-6 squad.

I think Fitzmagic had 99% to do with the success of that offense.  They have no one in the backfield or outside.  Tua is going to struggle and their oline is not good.  Fitz throwing to the right guy in 1.0 seconds wont get you hit.  Having 0 players open vs Alabama when everyone was open is going to be interesting.  This seems 100% like an owner move.  I think everything good Mia had begins to fade.

24 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Fitzmagic had 99% to do with the success of that offense.  They have no one in the backfield or outside.  Tua is going to struggle and their oline is not good.  Fitz throwing to the right guy in 1.0 seconds wont get you hit.  Having 0 players open vs Alabama when everyone was open is going to be interesting.  This seems 100% like an owner move.  I think everything good Mia had begins to fade.

Huh? I think you may have quoted the wrong dude. Lol 

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I cant remember a schedule this hard... I've maintained since last spring if this years team wins 9 vs this schedule its probably a better team than last years 10-6 squad.

I don't know, man.  I still think the Bar Bill Tavern has the best wings.  No idea how you can think Duffs' are better, but to each his own!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree that is the most likely route to 10. If we can rediscover something on offense I do give us a shot against Seattle. Their D is horrible. The defensive line is getting pushed around at least as much if not more than our own. When do they get Adams back? Anyone know?

I think the Dolphins best chance to beat us was starting Fitz. He was always up for our games and made them tough.

Against a rookie QB, I like our chances.

R

14 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

AZ, Seattle, Miami, Titans and Steelers all as expected.

SF nowhere near as good as expected.

Them 2-5 Chargers are really scary???

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We need to beat the Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins and Pats twice. Gets us to 10 wins. Not optimistic about Cards, Niners, Seahawks or Steelers.

Yes but that has the makings of a one and done division champ in the playoffs if we can’t play with the NFL elite 

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Who didn't think this schedule was hard? It was why many felt 9-7 would still be a good year. I belive i picked 10-6 with a loss to Rams but a win over Tenn.  

Some had Denver being more difficult than Chargers. Pittsburgh was a question mark only because Ben was coming off elbow surgery.

Most knew Miami would be better. Most knew New England would be worse. I thought Cam would be better but many on here felt he was washed up. They may be right but Patriots have terrible skill players so hard to know.

Sweep the division, beat Denver and eak out one more win against one NFC West opponent gets them to 10-6. A loss this week to Pats at home will make 9-7 or even 8-8 more realistic. 

Best upset chances are in the NFC West. Seattle is one dimensional and they have to travel. Arizona lost Drake and 49ers are still a MASH unit.

7 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Yes but that has the makings of a one and done division champ in the playoffs if we can’t play with the NFL elite 

Already beat elite Rams and lots can happen between now and January including hosting a playoff game.

I really don't think this schedule is very daunting....

The Seahawks haven't beaten a team with a winning record and are giving up a TON of yards on defense. They've won a ton of close games and I think they will keep coming back down to earth. The Cardinals are just "meh" to me and are boom or bust. They threw up a stinker against the Panthers and have done that often under Kingsbury. They can't run the ball and also give up a ton of yards.

Sure we have the  9er's and  Steelers but none of those teams really scare me.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Schedule is exactly how most predicted. It's a tough schedule. I've said all offseason the Bills will likely be a better football team then they were last year but have a worse record. 

The defense has taken a huge step back and the offense has come back down to earth after the hot start. 

4 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The defense has taken a huge step back and the offense has come back down to earth after the hot start. 

It hasn't... It's just had injuries..

When we were putting up a ton of points, we were 4 wide quite a bit.

Since John Brown injury, we haven't been 4 wide as much. I'm guessing Daboll and JA are more comfortable reading defenses and seeing the field this way and our talent out matches the defensive talent most of the time when we can have Bease, Brown, Diggs, Davis then either Singletary, Knox, Moss on the field. 

We're once again sitting at 5-2. The exact same record as in 3 of the last 4 years. The previous two of those we made the playoffs and of course this one's still a work in progress.  What it tells you is that the schedules come and go each season. You can only play the team on the other sideline each week.

Edited by SoCal Deek

On 10/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

I shared this view in preseason, but not now. Arizona got better, but they only had one way to go. Seattle is a weak team sans the MVP QB. SAN Fran & ‘Diego’ look to be pretenders as well. Rothlesberger seems back to his old self, but we play then at home -meaning no Stiller fans. Worse we can do is split with Miami.

12-4, Division title.