Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!

Hebert19

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Some of were saying as early as before 2019 that the 2020 slate was shaping up to be tough. I always knew this was a tough schedule. The NFC West is the best division in football. The routes to wins for the Bills this year are our divisional games and the three AFC West games that are not against Patrick Mahomes. That gets you to 9 and probably wins the division. Then you have to try and nick a couple elsewhere to really show you are a good team. They already have one against the Rams. If they could grab another against Arizona or Seattle then this is still a potential 11 win team.

Probably win the division?  Right now, the lead is almost insurmountable for anyone but Miami.  8-8 will win this division easily and don’t be shocked if 7-9 will do it.  

The Patriots would have to suddenly find life and win 6 of 10 against all those teams too.  Not happening.  

The Phins are not going to win more than another 3 with Tua and the Jets are done.  

The Bills need to win 3 games to secure the division.  It’s pretty much in the bag, barring injury to Allen.

The only division worse than the AFC East is the NFC East.  This season may yield winners of 2 divisions with losing records.

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

Whoever said that our schedule was not going to be tough this year, has obviously not been paying attention to football.

I certainly knew that it would be difficult. So what?

You want to be the best, you gotta beat the best.

GO BILLS!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Yes, I believe we have the 5th hardest schedule for remaining games.  Depends on how you calculate that, obviously.

We had one of the easiest schedules for the first 4 games.

We were also averaging 4 touchdowns PER GAME in those first 4 games; we have scored 4 TDs (TOTAL) in the game since.

The folks who keep pointing to our current record are going to be surprised when the smoke clears.

I think this season overall has been difficult. with the pandemic, it really has got things way out of whack. rescheduling, losing starters and most importantly, empty stadiums with fake fan noise piped in.

imagine a full stadium this weekend.

honestly, I believe it has to do something to the psyche of a player/team? I really believe it makes a difference if you're playing at home in front of 80,000 fans vs an empty stadium.

does that have anything to do with strength of schedule, maybe some? as for the remainder looking harder then one thought? not really, seems rounding near the halfway point and given the ups and downs as far as wins and (2, count them, 2 losses) losses, it really is any given Sunday and there is still just over a half of season of football to play and I would like to believe the bills can figure out how to win games, no matter how ugly, just win.

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I would disagree coming into this season you knew in advance you were playing Big Ben, Russell, Tannehill, Goff etc.. and complete well coached teams like San Fran. Part of making the playoffs means a tougher crossover schedule and the NFC West was the crossover division. Opening 4-0 bought them some leash and at least the division is having more of a down year. Last year Buffalo won the games they were supposed to against a pretty weak schedule. If the Bills go 10-6/11-5 it will be a more impressive finish just given the competition they faced. The wins over the Rams Phins and Raiders are better then virtually all of their wins last year also.

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes I have seen their D, but the issue when facing Seattle is which team has the better well oiled machine on offense?

That is not an easy thing for a team to do all season, no matter how talented you are on offense.

No doubt that Russell Wilson is one of the top QB's in the league, yet lately, after the games have ended, he looks exhausted.

Edited by Mark Vader

I would say all in all the schedule was easier than expected...jets were certainly not supposed to be the worst team ever and the pats are as beatable as they've ever been...and thats 4 of our division games.  Beat Denver and the chargers and Miami and split with new England and we can get swept by the rest of the nfc west and lose to pitt and still be almost assured the division at 9 wins...figure we lose one of those afc games and steal one from the nfc west though.

this years schedule was graded difficult from the get go so for me it hasn't changed to any great extent. What will determine our fate is how well The Bills can take care of business with the Health of the roster of paramount importance. The teams playing US are not calling the Bills game a cakewalk either Book it.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We need to beat the Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins and Pats twice. Gets us to 10 wins. Not optimistic about Cards, Niners, Seahawks or Steelers.

The Bills should be able to play with the Niners and Cards.  

Any given Sunday, let's beat the Patriots (for once).

I don't know why fans can't accept that it's truly a game-by-game league. Week-to-week no one can be "certain" of a win, let alone predict games weeks away. Due to injury, roster changes, improvements, gameplans, etc, a myriad of variables will change, sometimes significantly.  A game two weeks from now could look tough and then become much easier; or much tougher. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I hate to say it, but we could easily go 8-8 this year.  Tell me it ain't  so, Please...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1