Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!

Hebert19

If the Bills can beat the Patriots and hit midseason at 6-2 I just don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that they roll into week 17 against Miami at 9-6 or 8-7.

Knowing the way this team plays, are we better than Arizona?  Seattle?  San Fran?  Pittsburgh?  and just those games would put us at 9-6.

Are they are not going to stumble at all against the Chargers? Broncos?  New England?  Hell, at NE might be the easiest game in the second half.  

IF THE DOLPHINS DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE IN SWITCHING TO TUA TOO EARLY AND SEEING AS HOW THEY HAVE ALREADY PLAYED SF AND SEATTLE THEN THE FINALE COULD BE A RUDE AWAKENING...meaning there is a small chance the division could be on the line on the final Sunday.

Dolphins Schedule (Speculation):

Rams - W

Cardinals - L

Chargers - L

Broncos - W

Jets - W

Bengals - W

Chiefs - L

Pats - W

Raiders - ?

Bills

If that Raiders game is a win they are 9-6.  I hope I am wrong and I would love to have this wrapped up by Thanksgiving, but man...

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

For the life of me I can't figure out why this post deserves a "confused" reaction. Good post.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why this post deserves a "confused" reaction. Good post.

I didn't react to the post but personally I'd be confused that anyone ever saw this as anything other than a really tough schedule.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McDermott is 0-6 career versus Belichick so I'm not assuming they'll win until they do.  

The way Buffalo has played these past 3 games - against 2 likely playoff teams and 1 who'll draft top 5 - demonstrates they're not yet ready for primetime.    

I'm amazed people didn't know entering the season how tough their schedule was.  And that's with NE taking a step down along.  

Buffalo is trending down right now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

The only one I agree with is Miami. All those other teams were expected to be good.

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I explained it with my own reaction. Most if not the majority of fans thought this year was going to be tougher than last years schedule and the SoS posts have shown we're near the top for games yet to play. 

The teams listed we have yet to play they tried to put some reason as to why they're "tougher" now then what was thought at the beginning of the season, most of which didn't make much sense. 

It's amazing to me that Bills fans watch this franchise and consistently conclude that we should be much better than any of the teams listed there. 

I expect every game to be an absolute grind. 

Because that's McDermott, that's Allen, that's this organization. 

We haven't won a Playoff game since 1995 and yet, we go 4-0 and fans go overboard. 

It's not doom and gloom, but I expect a tough 10-6 type record and a 50/50 shot at best to get out of the first round of the Playoffs. For me, that would be a successful season, just win one Playoff game. 

I don't think our offense has ever shown it can be consistently dominant, and fans that hold onto that 4-0 start are just in denial. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

At least we arent playing teams who were 4th in their division

Tougher than we thought?  Maybe a little, but we knew it was not going to be a cakewalk.  Still, it's more about Buffalo than their opponents.  If they are a team that is expected to go far into the playoffs, then they have to beat good teams.   The challenge facing the Bills is not so much the remaining teams on their schedule.  Rather, it's the challenge to get better, healthier, and to fix the issues that have been inhibiting them.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

This is more appropriate for the offseason but I took a look at 2021 and 2022. If the Bills win the division they would get Pitt at home and KC on the road for the 2021 season assuming the Steelers and Chiefs win their divisions. KC will but Pitt still has Bal to deal with.

https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

And looking at it now 2021 sets up quite nicely for us. 

5 games against teams with new HCs (Jets x2, Texans, Jags, Falcons). A handful against likely new Quarterbacks (Jets x2, Jags, Colts, probably Saints). 

I feel like if Bills can win the division in 2020 the road to repeating will be easier in 2021 though obviously the Dolphins continuing to improve is a threat to that.

2 hours ago, TAinLA said:

This game won't be easy.., Patriots will be ready.  Can't think of the last time Patriots lost 3 game in row.

I can.  BB Before Brady.  Now is the AB After Brady era.  The Patriots lost 3 games in a row a lot of times before Brady became their starter & they'll lose 3 games in a row a lot more times now that Brady is gone.  

Bill Belichick is 54-67 when coaching games without Brady starting.  

Bill Belichick is a genius when Tom Brady is his QB, in all other games he has a worse record than Rex Ryan (61-66 for Ryan)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And looking at it now 2021 sets up quite nicely for us. 

5 games against teams with new HCs (Jets x2, Texans, Jags, Falcons). A handful against likely new Quarterbacks (Jets x2, Jags, Colts, probably Saints). 

I feel like if Bills can win the division in 2020 the road to repeating will be easier in 2021 though obviously the Dolphins continuing to improve is a threat to that.

This week we got the Rams at Dolphins along with the Pats at Bills. If LA can help us out and the Bills take care of business then they will be in great shape.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If the Bills can beat the Patriots and hit midseason at 6-2 I just don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that they roll into week 17 against Miami at 9-6 or 8-7.

Knowing the way this team plays, are we better than Arizona?  Seattle?  San Fran?  Pittsburgh?  and just those games would put us at 9-6.

Are they are not going to stumble at all against the Chargers? Broncos?  New England?  Hell, at NE might be the easiest game in the second half.  

IF THE DOLPHINS DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE IN SWITCHING TO TUA TOO EARLY AND SEEING AS HOW THEY HAVE ALREADY PLAYED SF AND SEATTLE THEN THE FINALE COULD BE A RUDE AWAKENING...meaning there is a small chance the division could be on the line on the final Sunday.

Dolphins Schedule (Speculation):

Rams - W

Cardinals - L

Chargers - L

Broncos - W

Jets - W

Bengals - W

Chiefs - L

Pats - W

Raiders - ?

Bills

If that Raiders game is a win they are 9-6.  I hope I am wrong and I would love to have this wrapped up by Thanksgiving, but man...

A win vs rams seems a stretch.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This week we got the Rams at Dolphins along with the Pats at Bills. If LA can help us out and the Bills take care of business then they will be in great shape.

Yea I think we will win the division. Maybe I am being too optimistic but I am still very confident of that. It also should be said though that an 8-8 from Miami on this schedule (if Tuas is good) probably translates better for them next year too. One of the reasons winning the division is big in 2020 is because I think the AFCE schedules are such that a wildcard is likely to be tricky even in the 7 team format. 2021 it is perfectly plausible that say Buffalo and Miami make the playoffs from the East.