Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!

Hebert19

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Can't think of the last time the Patriots just looked like a bad team.  If this roster was literally on any other team, we would be talking about how easy this game should be.  Because it's the Patriots and they have tortured us for 20 years, we still treat them like they are the SB Champs with Tom Brady and are unbeatable.  

They suck. Treat them like the bad team they are and slap them around.

Even their secondary fell apart yesterday. Looked like one of those let downs when a defense has finally go to the "WTF is the point?" stage. On offense their oline is decent now everyone is back healthy. Their "skill" position players, however, are a stretch of the use of the word "skill". And Cam is being asked to run an offense he is completely ill suited for. They actually seemed to run more of a Cam scheme against the Seahwaks early on but that might have just been because of how bad the Seahawks D is. Cam is not a read the defense pre-snap and throw guys open on option routes Quarterback. He never has been. Honestly I said it pre-season and I repeat it now even with how badly he is failing in Dallas..... Andy Dalton was the vet to go and get to run this scheme. In fact if you swapped Dalton and Cam I think both would be better fits in what they are being asked to run.

• Like (+1) 2

This looked like a tough schedule at the start of the season, but it does look even tougher now.  Other than the AFC East teams and Denver, there are no soft touches.  The Bills task is to sweep the East, which will allow them to finish in 1st place.  Finishing 11-5 overall will be an accomplishment and likely give them a home playoff game.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Even their secondary fell apart yesterday. Looked like one of those let downs when a defense has finally go to the "WTF is the point?" stage. On offense their oline is decent now everyone is back healthy. Their "skill" position players, however, are a stretch of the use of the word "skill". And Cam is being asked to run an offense he is completely ill suited for. They actually seemed to run more of a Cam scheme against the Seahwaks early on but that might have just been because of how bad the Seahawks D is. Cam is not a read the defense pre-snap and throw guys open on option routes Quarterback. He never has been. Honestly I said it pre-season and I repeat it now even with how badly he is failing in Dallas..... Andy Dalton was the vet to go and get to run this scheme. In fact if you swapped Dalton and Cam I think both would be better fits in what they are being asked to run.

I think Kyle Brandt said it well back in August when he was skeptical Cam would be able to "Edelman and white" his team the whole way down the field.... He was right. Even more so now that it seems Edelman has bricks for hands.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I think Kyle Brandt said it well back in August when he was skeptical Cam would be able to "Edelman and white" his team the whole way down the field.... He was right. Even more so now that it seems Edelman has bricks for hands.

Edelman is a shadow of his former self too. Banged up 34 year old slot receivers...… not exactly "weapons" in the modern NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Edelman is a shadow of his former self too. Banged up 34 year old slot receivers...… not exactly "weapons" in the modern NFL.

Problem is that might be all it takes against Johnson 🙄

The real kicker in all of this is IF we win the division we would play whomever doesnt win the north most likely.... UGH..... Then theres the waiting 25 years for a home playoff game only to not have fans.

This squad will be much more battle tested and ready for the dance though. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I had this team at 9 wins at best looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. 

The teams we play are STRONG. 

Dunno why anyone thought this would be a cakewalk. Good thing the rest of our division practically plays the same opponents. 

Actually, I think the teams have been pretty close to what I originally expected.

The Bills still have 5 games against teams who are .500 and under (Patriots x2, Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins).  Two of those will be against rookie QBs.

So even if we struggle against the top teams in the NFL, there will still be opportunity to finish with double-digit wins and take the AFC East.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

The only two from your list that I've changed and looking around the boards seem to agree are Miami and Arizona. 

Seattle and Russ have always been good so I'm not sure why that game would be any tougher than it has been in any other year. 

Chargers game I've always been more worried about their D but with Herbert playing well it might put more pressure on our offence. 

San Fran you're selling short because of the injuries. This is a team that was just in the Super Bowl last year.

Miami - They were looking really good last year and IMO the move to Tua right now is curious but I guess a Bye week isn't a bad time for extra reps.

Titans - Playoff contender that we've always played tough. Before the game this year the last 5 or so games were decided by 7 points or less. 

Pittsburgh - Again always tough and last year was an anomaly since they were running with 3rd string QBs

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I had this team at 9 wins at best looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. 

The teams we play are STRONG. 

Dunno why anyone thought this would be a cakewalk. Good thing the rest of our division practically plays the same opponents. 

Show me someone that though this would be a cakewalk. Literally NOBODY said this schedule was a cakewalk. Our difficult schedule was talked about ad nauseam.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Oh yeah, I agree. However, their offense puts a ton of pressure on the opposing offense to keep up. And atm, the Bills offense is underperforming and would likely lose a shootout with Rus.

Hopefully the Bills will be healthy for that game as well as NE. It will be a very tough game. I agree the Bills would lose right now given the way the offense is playing but if they are healthy then they have a shot.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

If yer scared, say yer scared...

yup, it’s gonna be a knock down drag out thing for the remainder of the season, but all we gotta do is secure the AFCE and we make the playoffs, so we got that goin for us...

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, jletha said:

Show me someone that though this would be a cakewalk. Literally NOBODY said this schedule was a cakewalk. Our difficult schedule was talked about ad nauseam.

If you went to sleep back in February and just now woke up and started paying attention, you could be forgiven for being a little surprised at how tough our schedule is.

Most fans, of course, have known this for the better part of a year and we're getting more or less exactly what we expected.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, but the Pats look like a joke and everyone else in the AFC East also has a tough schedule.  The Bills are looking to win the AFC East.  The schedule is meaningless when everyone else in the AFC East has to play a tough schedule too.

The only competition for the Bills in he AFC East is Miami and the Bills already beat them and get them here in December.  The Bills are going to win the AFC East, probably rather easily.

Edited by FUTURIST

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

We might be considerably better than last year and have fewer wins in the regular season.

Of course, what matters is what happens in the playoffs

This is exactly what people said before the season.  Even if they are better - their record may not show it, but they have an excellent chance to win the division.

Seems like everything is going as predicted so far.

• Like (+1) 1