Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!

Hebert19

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dude you ain't kidding looks totally brutal!!!! Easiest games left are against the Patriots. Buckle up boys it's about to get real! How many games win the division 8-9? I think Miami pulled the plug on Fitz to early. 

Edited by ALLEN1QB

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

Some of were saying as early as before 2019 that the 2020 slate was shaping up to be tough. I always knew this was a tough schedule. The NFC West is the best division in football. The routes to wins for the Bills this year are our divisional games and the three AFC West games that are not against Patrick Mahomes. That gets you to 9 and probably wins the division. Then you have to try and nick a couple elsewhere to really show you are a good team. They already have one against the Rams. If they could grab another against Arizona or Seattle then this is still a potential 11 win team.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Some of were saying as early as before 2019 that the 2020 slate was shaping up to be tough. I always knew this was a tough schedule. The NFC West is the best division in football. The routes to wins for the Bills this year are our divisional games and the three AFC West games that are not against Patrick Mahomes. That gets you to 9 and probably wins the division. Then you have to try and nick a couple elsewhere to really show you are a good team. They already have one against the Rams. If they could grab another against Arizona or Seattle then this is still a potential 11 win team.

We need to beat the Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins and Pats twice. Gets us to 10 wins. Not optimistic about Cards, Niners, Seahawks or Steelers.

• Like (+1) 1

If not for Russell Wilson I don't think the Seahawks are all that great. It will be a tough game because the Bills have their flaws but it is certainly winnable. Allen with Diggs, Brown ( I assume he will be healthy), Beasley, Singletary should be able to move the ball and score as well. Last night's Cards 37-34 win is what I could see with the Bills-Hawks game. As for the Cards they are up and down. They lost to Detroit at home but then beat Seattle. Who knows what to expect. The Bills can beat them. The two games I think the Bills are in trouble are Pitt and SF. Both physical teams who will beat up the Bills on both sides of the ball. Pitt will for sure. Depends if SF's D is healthy or not. If it is then they will do the same.

Edited by Greg S

While Seattle and Arizona can score, their D's are vulnerable, like ours is, of course. 

When John Brown gets back 100% healthy, I feel it will re-ignite our offense because of his speed over the top.  We will get back top putting up more points then we have been. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We need to beat the Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins and Pats twice. Gets us to 10 wins. Not optimistic about Cards, Niners, Seahawks or Steelers.

Agree that is the most likely route to 10. If we can rediscover something on offense I do give us a shot against Seattle. Their D is horrible. The defensive line is getting pushed around at least as much if not more than our own. When do they get Adams back? Anyone know?

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Exactly.  We 'should' beat pats x2 phins chargers broncos.  That should get us in...

We lose one of them and shot gets interesting. 

Maybe, but who is beating us out in the division?  The Dolphins have played the easy part of their schedule and are only 3-3 - they have maybe 3-4 more wins - so 6-10 or 7-9.

The Pats if things get corrected have 5 more wins potentially on their schedule - that gets them to 7-9.

I still see the Bills as a 9 win team just as I did at the start and I do not see any other AFC East team getting more than 7 wins and therefore we should lock in a #4 seed.

Honestly, except for Miami, they've all been basically what I thought. Arizona was only getting better with Hopkins and that Defense was going to improve with the players they added, Seattle has been a good team since Carroll arrived, Titans were in the AFC Title game and added Clowney and didn't lose anyone substantial so not sure why you thought that wasn't going to be tough, Steelers got Big Ben back along with spending resources on the likes of Claypool and re-signed a couple of their premiere Defense players and conversations with people that in my mind they were / are the second best team in the AFC, and the 49ers pre-injuries were a Super Bowl team. So, except for the Chargers, there's not a team on that list that I didn't think would be a hard win. Even Miami, with the improvement they'd shown last year and all of the talent they infused on that roster, I thought would be a much improved team and they are.....or were, with Fitzy - now, we have to wait and see. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree that is the most likely route to 10. If we can rediscover something on offense I do give us a shot against Seattle. Their D is horrible. The defensive line is getting pushed around at least as much if not more than our own. When do they get Adams back? Anyone know?

It’s his groin so they don’t want to rush him back but it could be this next week or week after.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The Bills won a game they were supposed to win yesterday.  That counts for something. They should beat the Pats. 

Agreed.  But they’ll need a better effort than we saw yesterday to do it.  Cam looks awful, but NE will still be a lot better than the Jets.  Hell, everyone will be a lot better than the Jets. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

Honestly, except for Miami, they've all been basically what I thought. Arizona was only getting better with Hopkins and that Defense was going to improve with the players they added, Seattle has been a good team since Carroll arrived, Titans were in the AFC Title game and added Clowney and didn't lose anyone substantial so not sure why you thought that wasn't going to be tough, Steelers got Big Ben back along with spending resources on the likes of Claypool and re-signed a couple of their premiere Defense players and conversations with people that in my mind they were / are the second best team in the AFC, and the 49ers pre-injuries were a Super Bowl team. So, except for the Chargers, there's not a team on that list that I didn't think would be a hard win. Even Miami, with the improvement they'd shown last year and all of the talent they infused on that roster, I thought would be a much improved team and they are.....or were, with Fitzy - now, we have to wait and see. 

Exactly. If you actually watch the other 31 teams it really isn't as hard as some people out to work our before a season who is good, who is okay and who is bad. There are always one or two who over / under perform but for the most part teams are who we thought they were.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It’s his groin so they don’t want to rush him back but it could be this next week or week after.

I expect him back then. Everyone this year seems to get healthy just as the Bills appear on the schedule....

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

This game won't be easy.., Patriots will be ready.  Can't think of the last time Patriots lost 3 game in row.

Can't think of the last time the Patriots just looked like a bad team.  If this roster was literally on any other team, we would be talking about how easy this game should be.  Because it's the Patriots and they have tortured us for 20 years, we still treat them like they are the SB Champs with Tom Brady and are unbeatable.  

They suck. Treat them like the bad team they are and slap them around.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Maybe, but who is beating us out in the division?  The Dolphins have played the easy part of their schedule and are only 3-3 - they have maybe 3-4 more wins - so 6-10 or 7-9.

The Pats if things get corrected have 5 more wins potentially on their schedule - that gets them to 7-9.

I still see the Bills as a 9 win team just as I did at the start and I do not see any other AFC East team getting more than 7 wins and therefore we should lock in a #4 seed.

Dolphins will be tougher that the Pats IMO.