Are Patriots done without Brady, Sure seems that way

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think it has a lot to do with it though.  

1) Brady clearly still has it.  He’s balling out in TB. 

2) He sets the culture.  

3) Cam has looked awful throwing the ball.  He has to elevate a poor WR unit and, thus far, hasn’t been able to.  

You may be right, but Arians is also a proven coach who sets the culture. The difference may be that Bucs roster is loaded, especially in comparing offenses. It also helps when your QB is a leader like Tom. Cam has always struggled with adversity. Gonna have to see how it plays out.

Everyone knows that Brady is the reason that the Patriots won so many SB's. Belicheat is only considered a good HC without Brady. After watching Brady play against the Raiders yesterday we definitely owe Belicheat a big thank you for shipping him out. Bradys demise was greatly exaggerated, he has probably 3 or 4 more years of MVP type football. Brady won so many playoff games for the Patriots with so many big time pin point accuracy throws in crunch time to win games. I would like to say this again, thank you Patriots for trading your best player, I was so sick and tired with dealing with him. 

Regardless of what the Bills do and I hope they stomp on the patriots.... they are not the same team.  Sure I am paranoid about Belicheat... and think the Bills are short a DT and 1 LB that can tackle and cover.

Edited by North Buffalo

17 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Have you been watching the Bills play.

We are in for a very difficult game next week.  We could barely bet the Jets.

I never understand why people on this site talk such trash. 

I cant understand the word barely being used to describe that win when the jets were held to 4 yards of offense in the second half of a game where we were missing a ton of starters and a lot of the key starters that were playing have been banged up...not to mention the bills are practicing against a similar but improved version of the offense the pats are likely going to run.  I think with the addition of diggs the pats are going to struggle trying to man up our receivers which they had no problems with in the past.  I certainly don't think this will be an easy win but this current patriots team is not even remotely close to the level the chiefs or titans are playing at and they will be one of the least talented teams we have played so far this year on paper.  

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I cant understand the word barely being used to describe that win when the jets were held to 4 yards of offense in the second half of a game where we were missing a ton of starters and a lot of the key starters that were playing have been banged up...not to mention the bills are practicing against a similar but improved version of the offense the pats are likely going to run.  I think with the addition of diggs the pats are going to struggle trying to man up our receivers which they had no problems with in the past.  I certainly don't think this will be an easy win but this current patriots team is not even remotely close to the level the chiefs or titans are playing at and they will be one of the least talented teams we have played so far this year on paper.  

I thought only giving a team 4 total yards on offense was quite impressive, but nothing will ever impress some on this board. I swear if we ever won a superbowl this would be the most depressing place ever, yeah we won a superbowl but one means nothing lol.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Locomark said:

Watching that game all I thought was ....uh oh Belicheat won’t get beat 3 games in a row. We better be prepared for every wacky blitz, trick play , and punt blocking formation in the rule book....

Or not in the rule book

I think the Patriots were obviously counting on getting more from Newton than they have gotten.  Now they're stuck with a roster of very average to well below average QBs.  There's not enough talent elsewhere to compensate for the quarterbacking they're getting.  Buffalo still needs to play better than they played last Sunday or the two prior weeks to beat them.  I'm optimistic because I think they can, but they still have to do it.  

On 10/26/2020 at 12:51 AM, North Buffalo said:

The Patriots looked awful against the injured Forty-Niners. Cam Newton was clueless. Garapolo another former Pat QB, played decent with a strong running game.  More importantly the Patriots are without a bonified quarterback and look out they are 2-4.  The Pats couldn't catch a cold in this game.  On the flip side, Brady still looks like Brady granted with a much better team... but he is throwing darts.  I didn't/don't want to gloat too soon and I suppose the Pats could turn it around, but wow how the mighty have fallen.  Any thoughts and observations on how bad they are?  I guess we will see next week.

Brady left in large part because of the lack of weapons they had and really had no plan to improve them in any meaningful way.

They might have the worst skill position players as a whole in the NFL. It's pathetic. Nobody can get open. It's like the Bills from 2 years ago with Benjamin except worse. Patriot receivers have the worst separation in the NFL by a wide margin.

14 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Patriots are probably 4-2 or at least 3-3 with competent QB play.

Hard to be competent as a QB when nobody is ever open and you are throwing contested passes all game long. Except on screens or checkdowns to RBs.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

All good points, but we beat the worst team in the league  by 1 score.   We didn't even score a td.  Barely is the kindest words I could use to describe this win.  I could use other words. But that would get me in trouble with admin.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:01 AM, BornAgainBillsFan said:

The Patriots have lost to the Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos and 49ers.

Of those teams, the Bills have lost to the Chiefs and have yet to play the other 3. So the rougher part of the Pats schedule has been earlier than the Bills.

Until the Bills start beating teams that the Pats lose to, I'm considering them as neck and neck in the division. (And let's not lose sight of the Phins, either. Tua could just make them significantly better. We'll see.)

That’s true but I think that getting off to a hot start vs a cold start is very important.. We’re 5-2 largely because of a weaker schedule..  had the Bills played the Seahawks, Chiefs and 49ers to start the year then many fans would be saying the season is over.. Patriots OTOH have to be flawless to make the playoffs.. 

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think "barely" is appropriate. I also think some people on this board don't quite realize how historically bad the Jets are this season.