Are Patriots done without Brady, Sure seems that way

For the sake of discussion, let’s say we win Sunday. That will give us a winning record in Division play -which is rarified breathing air. Transcribed over 16 games is 12-4. With a 7th playoff team per Conference, -at this time- Pittsburgh gets the lone AFC bye while KC, Tenn & us have a Home game Week 1 on WC weekend. That’s all it promises. The remaining seeding is based on best surviving records. Figure us to have the least favorable Conference record which means the other 2 true WC teams would have to win to get another Home game. Crazy how a 12-4 record has diminished so dramatically in the new format. We once had a 12-4 record carry us Home to the Super Bowl. 😳 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, never count the Pats or BellyBoy out, but right now they look like only a shell of their former self. The defense starting the season shorthand’s did and Brady not there are key factors, but they still have BB. I’m sure he will bring a game plan to try to keep this game close. We need to counter that.

Running the ball and stopping the run will be the keys to this game. No doubt they will try to control the ball with the run and keep Cam’s pass attempts to a minimum. The Bills need to defense the run like they did early in the season. On offense the bills need to pound the rock themselves. This Pats team can be run on. Start early and don’t let up. Then the play action pass game can take over.

Go Bills!

6 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Have you been watching the Bills play.

We are in for a very difficult game next week.  We could barely bet the Jets.

I never understand why people on this site talk such trash. 

Of course it will be tough...its a division game.

I like the fact that the Bills didn't need to travel far on the short week and this one is at home.

This is the first normal week in a month for the Bills.  

6 hours ago, Big C said:

Cam looked like he did last year before he got surgery. I hope he is OK and didn't come back too soon. That said, the Patriots are absolutely the worst they have been in a long, long time, and I don't think it is entirely because of Brady leaving. 

I think it has a lot to do with it though.  

1) Brady clearly still has it.  He’s balling out in TB. 

2) He sets the culture.  

3) Cam has looked awful throwing the ball.  He has to elevate a poor WR unit and, thus far, hasn’t been able to.  

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, he'll do what's he's done for 30 years. He'll find a way to stop Josh.

But Josh has only been playing 2.5 years ;) 

I know its going to be a tough grind it out game and Mc Clappy will have the team ready for it.

Hughes looked like he found the fountain of youth against the Jets in the second half and if he brings that for 4 quarters this week look out Pats QB.

6 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

San Fran ran the ball all over Foxboro, for almost two hundred yards.  They attacked the edges of the pats D, so that NE was breaking out their 6-1 front from the Rams SB to try and hold contain.  Didn't work, but I don't think the Bills can threaten that like SF did.

Now if the plan is to go into Foxboro and throw the ball 40 times I'm worried.  Because that's when you'll see every wonky disguised coverage, fake look/trap and blitz BB can think of.

Yep.  Watching the game, SF through quick almost lateral passes to the wings.  That softened up the middle allowing them to do whatever they wanted.  Buffalo did a lot of that yesterday too with Beasley..  

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

Watching that game all I thought was ....uh oh Belicheat won’t get beat 3 games in a row. We better be prepared for every wacky blitz, trick play , and punt blocking formation in the rule book....

And many more that aren't in the rulebook, but somehow manage to slip by the (Graft-paid) refs...

The real Newton showed up. He plays like a manic/depressive.

If things go right he thinks he is Superman, if not he hides in the dark.

I have thought for the past few years he is a cowardly football player. He is afraid to take a hit.

Every team in the league saw it. Belicheat thought he could fix it...he was desperate.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

At this point I’m more worried about the Dolphins than I am about the Patriots. They definitely should have stuck with Fitz though, at least until he had a ***** game. But what do I know, I make bread for a living

Yeah, that was weird to pull a winning QB, unless they don't see this as the year they want to make a run and are looking for one more off season with decent draft capital?  

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

their fans are leaving and flocking to the tampa bay area. after this start I bet the bandwagon fans have left in droves.

LOL!  I'm trying hard not to dig in to the friends I have that are Pats fans.  It's hard though, I want to soooo bad.