The McDermott Era...Will the first signature win(s) come the next 3 weeks?

Wizard

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-get-signature-win-with-4434-victory-over-seahawks-212511515.html

The Buffalo Bills are for real, and they want everyone to know.

The Bills rode a strong first quarter to a 44-34 victory over an uncharacteristically feeble Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, making a statement against a powerful team and getting their signature win of the season.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen became the sixth quarterback to pass for over 300 yards against Seattle, and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson threw two interceptions and fumbled twice.

• Like (+1) 1

We got the monkey off of our back last week beating the Pats, have wins against 4 teams currently with winning records, and beat the Seahawks today who were 6-1 coming in. I don't know what else needs to happen. We are light years ahead of where we were even last year. Hopefully things keep progressing in the right direction. Go Bills!!!

As the OP of this thread, I have enjoyed the various viewpoints. Ironically, ESPN, whether loved or hated, made reference to this win as a Signature win.

This was probably the most complete game by Buffalo this year and in recent memory in all 3 phases of the game.

On to the next challenge and continued momentum to be a tough out in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Sorry, no signature win today, no defensive TDs, not a single safety, for defense minded HC that's a total failure.......

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not but the 4 turnovers helped a lot....

As far as a “signature” win I think this one makes the football fans who don’t follow every moment of the Bills 24/7 (like the majority of us) take notice that we are for real. I think as far as coaches/players/fans a playoff win fits that bill a lot better. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, pepsicat17 said:

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not but the 4 turnovers helped a lot....

As far as a “signature” win I think this one makes the football fans who don’t follow every moment of the Bills 24/7 (like the majority of us) take notice that we are for real. I think as far as coaches/players/fans a playoff win fits that bill a lot better. 

I guess the sarcasm wasn't that obvious

• Haha (+1) 1

I was tempted to start an "Apologize to the coaching staff" thread for all the nonsense posts over the few weeks about our game plans but decided to post here instead. That Pete Carroll post game quote about not anticipating us completely abandoning the run was priceless.

We're a different team every week, emphasizing whatever we need in order to win the game. I don't know if this counts as a signature win but it was a good one. 

Edited by VW82
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/3/2020 at 5:43 AM, MAJBobby said:

Signature wins come in the Post Season.  

Some of them do. Others don't.

I'm not referring to you, Major, but it cracks me up how some people operate here. They set a bar and when the bar is topped, there's an excuse why that doesn't count.

This was absolutely a signature win. But though Seattle was thought of by pretty much everyone as a top three team and by many as the best in football, for some it won't count. You'll ask them why and they'll throw nonsense up in the air in vast dustclouds, but the real answer deep in their hearts is that the Bills only beat a team that was so bad that they could be beaten by the Buffalo Bills, and therefore couldn't have been much good.

Yes, that's circular logic and logically eliminates the possibility of a signature win. But it's what's in their hearts.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, VW82 said:

I was tempted to start an "Apologize to the coaching staff" thread for all the nonsense posts over the few weeks about our game plans but decided to post here instead. That Pete Carroll post game quote about not anticipating us completely abandoning the run was priceless.

We're a different team every week, emphasizing whatever we need in order to win the game. I don't know if this counts as a signature win but it was a good one. 

The COVID PS rules help in that Metamorpho philosophy but have NOT seen what that Son of Bum did when he went back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3 alignment when he had 2 injuries to starters.

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Do signature wins count as 2?

No just like moral victories(close losses) you get what you earned ;) 

The bonus point would have been a Cowgirls win over the Squeelers ;)

10 hours ago, VW82 said:

Pete Carroll post game quote about not anticipating us completely abandoning the run was priceless.

That was priceless :)

You would think that would make their job stopping the Bills easier ;)

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Some of them do. Others don't.

I'm not referring to you, Major, but it cracks me up how some people operate here. They set a bar and when the bar is topped, there's an excuse why that doesn't count.

This was absolutely a signature win. But though Seattle was thought of by pretty much everyone as a top three team and by many as the best in football, for some it won't count. You'll ask them why and they'll throw nonsense up in the air in vast dustclouds, but the real answer deep in their hearts is that the Bills only beat a team that was so bad that they could be beaten by the Buffalo Bills, and therefore couldn't have been much good.

Yes, that's circular logic and logically eliminates the possibility of a signature win. But it's what's in their hearts.

Completely Agree.  There are Big Wins in the Season and this is One of them.  I just dont think there is "signature" wins in the Season.  Those for me come in the Post Season.