The McDermott Era...Will the first signature win(s) come the next 3 weeks?

Wizard

1 minute ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The assumption is obviously- if you can beat Playoff Teams at a 50% rate, you can surely win, at least one Playoff game yourselves. If you can only do that between 10-20%, you’re obviously far, far, far from Prime Time and Playoff Ws! And, it is highly unlikely there has been a signature W, against a star studded, healthy opponent.

Like the Bills have been this entire generation, including under McClapper! 

sorry bro.  you can take your regular season trophies.  some of us want the real deal holyfield, and others like you...you'll settle.  

get to the playoffs and the big boy wins begin.  so be giddy that the raiders beat the chiefs...like it matters at all right now.   you may not be, but some of us are looking for more than regular season wins.   talk about setting the bar low.

1 minute ago, teef said:

sorry bro.  you can take your regular season trophies.  some of us want the real deal holyfield, and others like you...you'll settle.  

get to the playoffs and the big boy wins begin.  so be giddy that the raiders beat the chiefs...like it matters at all right now.   you may not be, but some of us are looking for more than regular season wins.   talk about setting the bar low.

I’m always looking for Playoff Ws.
Like, there have been sooooo many of those since 1995!

1995!!!
The Bills are 1/8 teams that haven’t played in a Conference Championship since 1996. That’s how pitiful, they have been.

24 freaking years!

25 without a Playoff W.

That’s why I said earlier that the minimum bar is to beat Playoff Teams at a 50% rate minimum, so that you win your Division and finish 1/2 in the Seedings. In that way, I obviously believe the goal should be to reach the Conference Championship. By winning Playoff games. But, If you can’t beat a majority of Playoff teams during the Reg Season, then you are most likely not making them.

Nor, beating anyone, should you have the luck of the stiff 2019 sked. A la McClapper.

1 minute ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I’m always looking for Playoff Ws.
Like, there have been sooooo many of those since 1995!

1995!!!
The Bills are 1/8 teams that haven’t played in a Conference Championship since 1996. That’s how pitiful, they have been.

24 freaking years!

25 without a Playoff W.

That’s why I said earlier that the minimum bar is to beat Playoff Teams at a 50% rate minimum, so that you win your Division and finish 1/2 in the Seedings. In that way, I obviously believe the goal should be to reach the Conference Championship. By winning Playoff games. But, If you can’t beat a majority of Playoff teams during the Reg Season, then you are most likely not making them.

Nor, beating anyone, should you have the luck of the stiff 2019 sked. A la McClapper.

you keep telling me about the regular season.  it's like you prefer the salad over the steak.  move the bar bro.  think bigger.  i think you're just so accustomed to seeing this team miss the playoffs for so many years, that regular season wins are major accomplishments to you.    winning the east and snagging those playoff wins...that's what you should be concentrating on.  

move...that...bar

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

you keep telling me about the regular season.  it's like you prefer the salad over the steak.  move the bar bro.  think bigger.  i think you're just so accustomed to seeing this team miss the playoffs for so many years, that regular season wins are major accomplishments to you.    winning the east and snagging those playoff wins...that's what you should be concentrating on.  

move...that...bar

Had the best bar.... from 1988-1995 as a Season Tix holder.
The bar then was winning EVERY game and the SB!

I’m a little more relaxed now and stone cold realistic, notwithstanding what I want.

58 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

A signature win isn't just against a good opponent.  It's a win that signifies that you've arrived, that you are one of the elite.  It's a win over a team that already is there at the top.   It's a win that says you've joined the club.  

And there hasn't been one, which is the debate here.  

If you're going to say they arrived beating Duck or Thanksgiving vs. Dallas, who btw went 8-8 going 5-1 in the division & beating Detroit, Miami and LA Rams (but yes two wins vs. 9-7 teams), again that is laughable. 

Bills only win in 2019 vs. a winning team was vs. Tenn (Mariotta + 4 missed FG).

Go Bills (& spank the Pats)....... 

9 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Had the best bar.... from 1988-1995 as a Season Tix holder.
The bar then was winning EVERY game and the SB!

I’m a little more relaxed now and stone cold realistic, notwithstanding what I want.

i don't know man.  worrying about the quality of the wins during the regular season doesn't seem too relaxed.  i can't be relaxed when there excellence to still obtain.  i want to win.  i want more!

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And there hasn't been one, which is the debate here.  

If you're going to say they arrived beating Duck or Thanksgiving vs. Dallas, who btw went 8-8 going 5-1 in the division & beating Detroit, Miami and LA Rams (but yes two wins vs. 9-7 teams), again that is laughable. 

Bills only win in 2019 vs. a winning team was vs. Tenn (Mariotta + 4 missed FG).

Go Bills (& spank the Pats)....... 

regular season wins?  big deal.  let start looking for playoff wins.  try to think bigger than you are.  stop worrying about 300 yard games, and worry about advancing in the playoffs.  

you guys spend far too much time worrying about useless details.  desire more. don't be beaten down.  

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't know man.  worrying about the quality of the wins during the regular season doesn't seem too relaxed.  i can't be relaxed when there excellence to still obtain.  i want to win.  i want more!

regular season wins?  big deal.  let start looking for playoff wins.  try to think bigger than you are.  stop worrying about 300 yard games, and worry about advancing in the playoffs.  

you guys spend far too much time worrying about useless details.  desire more. don't be beaten down.  

And you are here too aren't you......😉 

All things considered the Bills may not need a "signature" win to even make the playoffs this year (though some think beating the Pats qualify).....  2XNE, Den, Miami & LAC get's the Bills to 10-6......

I dream big.....😉

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you are here too aren't you......😉 

All things considered the Bills may not need a "signature" win to even make the playoffs this year (though some think beating the Pats qualify).....  2XNE, Den, Miami & LAC get's the Bills to 10-6......

I dream big.....😉

people who dream big don't worry about "signature" wins during the regular season.  we just want the big show.  let me know when you've set the bar higher than some basic, regular season stats.  want more bro.

• Haha (+1) 1

They won on the road in 2017 against ATL and KC both who made the playoffs that season and prior year. The Falcons were in the SB and at the time that win was consider the biggest in over a decade plus on the road.

I don't disagree they need to win more games against the top teams regularly to take the next step, but there have been wins yearly that are sizable.

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

They won on the road in 2017 against ATL and KC both who made the playoffs that season and prior year. The Falcons were in the SB and at the time that win was consider the biggest in over a decade plus on the road.

I don't disagree they need to win more games against the top teams regularly to take the next step, but there have been wins yearly that are sizable.

As stated Atl was very early in McD's tenure and we were already told not to expect much, but yep a very good win, as was KC.

2018 Tenn & Minn

2019 Tenn

Thus I will repeat not including 2020 they are 5-17 vs. those with a record over .500.  Conversely they are 20-6 vs. all others.

34 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Waaaaaaay too FEW!

24% Pre McD

15% NOW!

AWFUL!

21 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, that is correct. He does not. The previous 17 years has no bearing on this.

Yes, the history of the team has nothing to do with a signature win.  lol   You can't really be that stupid.  McDermott has a win that put the team in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  Nobody in 17 prior years can say that.  

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Machine G. Kelly, please come over when you have the chance and fix my VCR as it is continually blinking "12:00".

....It's for TAPES!   You'd take the cassette...put in...it would grab it and then you would hit "play" and you could watch movies that you rented from a video store, like E.T. and Evil Dead 2.

...a video store was a brick and mortar structure that...oh forget it.  

:thumbsup:

I can lend you my beta max. Oh yeah, wait my eight track player, oh, uggh, ok my beeper.  It’s what the kids are doing.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, teef said:

people who dream big don't worry about "signature" wins during the regular season.  we just want the big show.  let me know when you've set the bar higher than some basic, regular season stats.  want more bro.

You have to beat great teams to get to the show, we have yet to prove we can beat a good team.

• Like (+1) 1

You mean like beating the 5-2 Rams, who just beat the 5-1 Bears.  The Dolphins are no slouches and the Raiders record just went backwards, but will show by the end of the year they are a good team.  After we win this week, you’ll make the same argument and we’ll be 6-2.  The Hawks and Cardinals will be tough tests.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Has any media member ever asked McClappy why he can't blow another NFL team out? I'd be curious to see his response but then again it'd probably be something like 'it's hard to win games in this league, you need to play tough, hang around in the 4th quarter each week and try and find a way to win'.

Also for the folks that insist on pointing to last year's Cowboys game as a 'signature win'....we beat them by 11 points and scored two total TD's. Also they weren't a playoff team and the middle of a downward spiral.

The Steelers SNF game is a similar story and it took 5 INT's from a fringe 3rd string QB that will likely never seen a meaningful snap in an NFL game again to barely hang on and in that one.

Maybe someday this coach will go on the road against a dominant 13 win team and blow them out but don't bet the proverbial farm on it, until then enjoy all the low scoring, one score wins that has been his MO since 2017.

You are not allowed to talk about these things with McD as coach, because remember it is a Process.

Now being blown out, that's okay, because it happens.  To actually blow-out a team, is just not something the Bills do.....

Notwithstanding they have won some games by lopsided scores, but that is lost with the Offense (prior to this year) usually being shutdown come the second half. 

6 minutes ago, teef said:

You know when we’ll beat those good teams?  In the playoffs bro.  In the playoffs. 

Wouldn't mind a taste in the regular season.  Only beaten three playoff teams 2017-19, the Falcons 10-6, Chiefs 10-6 in 2017 & last year's Titans 9-7.

A little practice (i.e. beating playoff teams) wouldn't be a bad idea.....😉