Really liked what I saw outta Moss

He looked better, quite a bit faster.  I need to see that punishing finish he thinks he’s known for and some vision.  That seems to be his worst trait thus far, head down, missing opportunities.  Hopefully, that’s just getting back into/used to the NFL flow.  If not, he’s a wasted pick in a big hurry.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Moss had some burst, wiggle and hands today. If he starts running like Travis Henry I will be happy with that. He seems like the kind of RB that needs carries to get going. 

That’s who he reminded me of. I couldn’t put a name to the player I was thinking of.

19 minutes ago, billspro said:

That’s who he reminded me of. I couldn’t put a name to the player I was thinking of.

After watching an exhausting amount of O-line footage the last couple of days I don't think even Barry Sanders in his prime could run behind the crap guards that we are currently putting out on the field. They cannot hold blocks and are just getting thrown around out there. I don't see how signing two guys off of a PS could be much worse than watching what we have right now. 

20 minutes ago, billspro said:

Moss looks like he lost 20lbs but still has his power, I feel like Moss might be the better of the 2 but the O-line definitely needs to improve to give either of our backs a chance to showcase their skills. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

On 10/26/2020 at 12:42 AM, Utah John said:

Moss is more elusive than you think. He hasn't had that many touches.  He doesn't break the defender's ankles with moves -- instead he breaks their arms by moving past them with force.  I became a big Moss fan while living in Salt Lake City and watching Utah football.  I was delighted the Bills drafted him and I think he'll be an asset for a long time to come.

The problem with the running game isn't Moss or Singletary.  It's the line.

Yes.

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Travis Henry was way way better than Moss.  

These are reaches.   

Travis Henry hit so hard that you could hear it from the top row in the stadium..

Moss definitely had his best game as a pro last week. He looked tentative hitting the hole early on in the season, and because of this he never really got his momentum going. I remember there was that 4th down play against the chiefs where he stuttered a bit, but then was able to churn and drive his legs enough to get the first down, but it was close. If he can continue to improve with his vision and hit the holes with force he can be our RB1. I love Devin Singletary but I just don't think he has the body type to be a true feature back like moss does. 

Edited by TallskiWallski83
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought Moss looked great.  I'd love to see more of him in the offense.

Singletary should be used in space more - anytime it's more of a run up the middle, it should be Moss.

We'll need a good running attack this weekend w/ the weather forecast.  Hoping Feliciano plays also, though that feels like a longshot.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:59 AM, DDCC said:

He did run better which probably saved him from being deactivated for the Patriots game.  Was it enough?i don’t know.  It was possible for the bills to activate Yeldon.  I believe our OC really likes what Yeldon brings to the offense.  I am not sure McDermott likes him because he puts the ball on the ground.  You know how McDermott is about protecting the ball.  It will be interesting to see if Yeldon is activated to show something new to the Pats. Maybe not with Brown playing this week 

You know his career fumble rate was lower than Singletary and Gore. So I'm not sure where this narrative comes from. 

I too think Yeldon should be active but it won't happen. Moss showed good hands and some tackle breaking ability. Barring injury he will be rb 2 the rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You know his career fumble rate was lower than Singletary and Gore. So I'm not sure where this narrative comes from. 

I too think Yeldon should be active but it won't happen. Moss showed good hands and some tackle breaking ability. Barring injury he will be rb 2 the rest of the way.

Yeldons biggest problem isn’t fumbling imo. It’s his inability to play STs. He really should focus on that in the offseason.  He’d be a perfect rb3 if he could produce on STs

On 10/26/2020 at 1:27 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Moss had some burst, wiggle and hands today. If he starts running like Travis Henry I will be happy with that. He seems like the kind of RB that needs carries to get going. 

Funny, I thought he looked great right from the start.

Yeah, he was terrific right from carry one. A six yard run, a three yard catch, a 17 yard catch and another six yard run. It's not that he needs carries.

He's probably just starting to figure things out.

Edited by Thurman#1

At this point Moss doesn't even look remotely close to Travis Henry, IMO. Travis Henry was a great runner that had fumbling problems or he would have been one of the best Bills backs ever. Moss might turn out to be good but right now he looks like just another rookie RB to me.

Edited by vincec