Really liked what I saw outta Moss

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary flat out can't catch a ball to save his life. Neither rb is fast so whoever can make routine catches out of the backfield wins.....I'd give Moss the edge. 

Not a fair assessment. He's better than expected but does have problems in the screen game. Doesn't help though when Josh constantly forgets how short he is and lobs the ball 2 feet over his head and has to wait for the ball to come down before he runs.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seems like he’s starting to get comfortable after being banged up. Can only hope he’s the between the tackles runner we desperately I do mean desperately need.  

I think Moss earned more Touches. 

I still am on record saying Moss will take the RB1 spot over by the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Moss earned more Touches. 

I still am on record saying Moss will take the RB1 spot over by the end of the year.

Me too....I will admit I expected more from him straight out of the gate, but we have to remember that there were no preseason games to help him adjust to the NFL game.

There is no reason to think that it isn’t possible to happen by the end of the year, and yesterday was a good first step.

14 hours ago, Locomark said:

Moss is getting more comfortable and it showed. He disappointed me on that long run though. He kept talking about making people make business decisions and he had some db standing at the 10 as the only thing between him and the goalline and be neither bowled him over or juked him or stiff armed him. He kind of gave in to a casual tackle. Where was the “business decision” there, it looked like he made it not the other way around.....

I think that whole "business decision" stuff was when he was playing with boys and not men. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've seen people on this board and on Twitter bashing the young man, and yet again no Pre-Season and a Rookie without a standard Off-Season and little ability to prepare as he normally would. Not to mention the injury which took him out of the early games and working in a new NFL Offense. 

For those who've said he's "slow" due to his 40 time at the Combine need to go back and do some research to review the fact of his hamstring injury leading up to the Combine and his agent recommending he NOT run. But Moss didn't want to cop-out and tried to tough his way through it. Additionally, if these folks had watched even the Moss highlights, they'd see that there were plenty of times he was pulling away from Corners / Safeties are at the very least making it difficult for them to catch him. Speedy enough to hit the hole and leave LBers behind and able to get around some edges but not blazing speed. In the NFL you don't need blazing speed, you just need enough speed to hit the hole and get chunks, which Moss has - it's more about vision, balance, breaking arm tackles and able to get 3 yards when it appears you can't get 1. Moss, has the potential, we just need to be patient and give him his Rookie year to grow into the role. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think Moss is a slightly better version of Singletary. But I still think we need a Better back (someone bigger, stronger, faster to the hole). I was never a fournette fan, but watching him a little today, that’s sort of the guy we need. The guys we have aren’t featured backs. 

Yup...we should draft or trade for a #1 RB...hopefully Moss can become the “Kenneth Davis” backup- I do see that potential...with Singletary filling the “Plan C” RB that Yeldon currently occupies...

10 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

To me Singletary and Moss look like RB versions of  Zay Jones. They may make a play if it’s easy to make but they won’t make any special plays. Below average and in need of upgrading. 

Singletary is nothing but a playmaker. If he wasn’t swallowed within 1 second every time he got the ball that is.

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Singletary is nothing but a playmaker. If he wasn’t swallowed within 1 second every time he got the ball that is.

He might smash the season record for Tackles Broken in the Backfield this year

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Seems like he’s starting to get comfortable after being banged up. Can only hope he’s the between the tackles runner we desperately I do mean desperately need.  

Was verrrry interesting to see the Bills feeding him late.

Great pad level and drive, always finds a way to get you that extra yard; that's really valuable when closing out games

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup...we should draft or trade for a #1 RB...hopefully Moss can become the “Kenneth Davis” backup- I do see that potential...with Singletary filling the “Plan C” RB that Yeldon currently occupies...

It was such a weird pick.  There wasn’t a single back taken until the 32nd pick.  54 picks later, Moss was the 9th taken.  If you’re going to go RB in the third, it seems like you would want it to be a top 5 guy at a minimum (which is exactly what Singletary was the year before).  As it stands, McBeans’s spent two second day picks on RBs who don’t have an elite attribute between them.  That’s not to say they’re bad players, but a good GM should be able to find serviceable RBs in the late rounds or in free agency.  Hell, Fournette and Bell were mid season cuts just this year.

I liked Moss yesterday. On his long run, however, he slowed down prior to hitting his tackler. I’d prefer he keep the speed up to truly make it a ‘business decision’. 

I give rookies leeway...I think they deserve it. They are typically starry eyed and are just beginning to recognize that this is their job. I suspect he’ll be fine...and Singletary is as well...just get Feliciano back on the interior. 

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree with the Travis Henry comparison. That’s exactly who he reminds me of. Moss was great in college at Utah. He’ll be fine. He loves contact.

No comparison.  Travis Henry had more than one gear, he could actually accelerate.  Watching Moss run into wide open space was depressing, he started slowing down after 5 yards of running.  He’s either out of shape or he just cannot hit NFL-level speed.  I like the Idea of Zach Moss more than the Actual Moss.  A bruising, pass-catching dynamic running back sounds great.  So far it’s not Moss.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No comparison.  Travis Henry had more than one gear, he could actually accelerate.  Watching Moss run into wide open space was depressing, he started slowing down after 5 yards of running.  He’s either out of shape or he just cannot hit NFL-level speed.  I like the Idea of Zach Moss more than the Actual Moss.  A bruising, pass-catching dynamic running back sounds great.  So far it’s not Moss.

Yeah, this is a dumb take.  You are totally off base.  Good attempt to troll though

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Moss had some burst, wiggle and hands today. If he starts running like Travis Henry I will be happy with that. He seems like the kind of RB that needs carries to get going. 

Wonder who started a thread about this and got ripped on.  Oh ya me.  :)

46 minutes ago, Billl said:

It was such a weird pick.  There wasn’t a single back taken until the 32nd pick.  54 picks later, Moss was the 9th taken.  If you’re going to go RB in the third, it seems like you would want it to be a top 5 guy at a minimum (which is exactly what Singletary was the year before).  As it stands, McBeans’s spent two second day picks on RBs who don’t have an elite attribute between them.  That’s not to say they’re bad players, but a good GM should be able to find serviceable RBs in the late rounds or in free agency.  Hell, Fournette and Bell were mid season cuts just this year.

Completely agree...and that’s what our RBs are- serviceable 

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

He did run better which probably saved him from being deactivated for the Patriots game.  Was it enough?i don’t know.  It was possible for the bills to activate Yeldon.  I believe our OC really likes what Yeldon brings to the offense.  I am not sure McDermott likes him because he puts the ball on the ground.  You know how McDermott is about protecting the ball.  It will be interesting to see if Yeldon is activated to show something new to the Pats. Maybe not with Brown playing this week