A Jets fans perspective to today’s game

JetsFan20

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

First of all congrats. I was going to be rooting for the Bills next week, but may need Pats to lose for draft positioning. 

The Bills came out incredibly flat today and against any other  NFL team it would have cost them. Against the Jets? Not so much. 

1) This was the first game all year Gregg Williams defensive game plan actually worked. Ignore the stats Allen put up-they are meaningless. The Jets don’t have any corners who can cover and Williams as a result has installed a boring bend but don’t break defense. The idea is to force the offense to execute 10-12 play drives and hope they screw up once or twice to kill the drive. The Bills obviously had numerous drive killing plays. 

2) The Jets offense started out hot executing scripted plays, but once the bills adjusted and forced Gase to adjust and Darnold to read the defense they both bombed. It’s been pretty typical of the Gase/Darnold era. 

3) The Bills were fortunate to walk off the field today a winner.  It also shows how difficult it is to lose 16 games in the NFL. Had a couple of those Allen passes ended up in the hands of a Jet defender even this sorry team may have built an insurmountable lead.

I will admit to a certain admiration for you.  It takes some serious Sand to come to an opposing team's bulletin board after a win and:

1) after a 2nd half where your team gains 4 yds and 2 1st downs in the 2nd half, attribute that to their team being "fortunate".  Maybe their defense had something to do with it?

2) after their team does not punt all game and has 9 drives into scoring position (6 scores), tell them their QB's stats are "meaningless".  Obviously the Bills offense had a bad day at the office in some regards, but when the drives end in points and the points result in a W at the end of the day, the stats by-damn are not "meaningless"

Thanks for the congrats though.  Good luck!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL!  I'm always excited when I see a TE contribution to our game and 4 receptions on 4 targets for 64 yards for Kroft just makes me so happy!

BELUGA WHALE SIGHTING! (I believe that's Kroft's career 3rd highest yards).  Now the question is will he continue to contribute, or will he disappear aain into the "deep blue sea of the gridiron?  Because the way teams are playing us, we NEED OUR TE

I’ve been a fan of his, I was one of the few who said he could be a weapon if used. 
Hopefully they continue to give him a few looks every game. He can be a big safety net for josh in the 5-10 yard range. And after today I guess downfield too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ve been a fan of his, I was one of the few who said he could be a weapon if used. 
Hopefully they continue to give him a few looks every game. He can be a big safety net for josh in the 5-10 yard range. And after today I guess downfield too. 

I had high hopes for my new favorite Beluga Whale when we signed him.  Obviously he had a rough time physically last year.  It's my new hobby to try to figure out what he's doing every snap he plays - is he "doing his job" blocking or whatever he's asked to do?  Is he running a route?  Is he open? 

I sort of have the image of him as the "perfect NFL backup", a hard-working team player who can contribute for a couple games but lacks the competitive fire to want to play every week and deal with the inevitable tweaks and body soreness or playing through injuries.  But he could change that view Any Day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, damj said:

I agree and it's troubling that they came out so flat after 2 bad games against the Titans & Chiefs.

I'm not a Jets fan, but I feel bad for Jets fans. Gase is brutal

I just dont think 190+ yards of offense and what should've been 12 points in 4 drives in the first half is as flat as most people think it is... bills have way less possessions than those inept days were comparing this offense to because the defense is giving up huge clock killing drives. Defense adjusted and absolutely embarrassed the jets in the second half...4 yards of offense allowed in an entire half of football is absolutely insane I dont care how bad the team youre playing is

2 hours ago, Success said:

One thing I never do at the start of the season is go through a schedule and try to pick a W/L record game by game.

Teams will generally beat teams they shouldn't beat, and lose to teams they shouldn't lose to.

Even with the Jets record, I don't buy that they're some sort of pushover.  Darnold is capable of playing very well. The defense is solid, and well coached. It's a division game.

Every team has professionals who are paid to play well. The Jets put together a great half of football - they disappeared in the 2nd half, but on any given Sunday they can beat anyone. I was glad to get out of there w/ the W.

How can you call yourself a Bills fan? The moment the schedule is released, we have competing threads on W/L records.

Its what fans and football writers do.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

How can you call yourself a Bills fan? The moment the schedule is released, we have competing threads on W/L records.

Its what fans and football writers do.

Well, I take a breath, and I let it out while vibrating my vocal cords and moving my mouth, lips and tongue to form the sounds that comprise "I'm a Bills Fan"

Failing that I move my fingers over the keyboard and type "I am a Bills Fan"

Strangely enough, my complete disinterest in predicting the W/L record before the season does not interfere a bit

Oh wait - was that a rhetorical question?

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Doubled you up on first downs, TOP, held to 254 total yards. 

Fortune had nothing to do with it. Bills just didn’t finish drives 

As well as penalties . 

The illegal formation took away a TD to Davis. Kroft lost his balance on what should been a walk in TD. Bass missed 2 FGs. Allen fumbled in Red Zone. 

To op - as you can see , we shot ourselves in the foot alot. 

But ya holding them to under 10 yards in the 2and half is not fortune or flukey at all. Hope the D can build on that. The rookie Dane Jackson had a great game 

10 hours ago, damj said:

I agree and it's troubling that they came out so flat after 2 bad games against the Titans & Chiefs.

I'm not a Jets fan, but I feel bad for Jets fans. Gase is brutal

F their fanbase. Same goes for the Pats and Fins.

10 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Of course.  We should have known that our top 3 D was going to stumble to the bottom of the league.

We assumed that our D was top 10 at least and that's probably why fans on this board predicted more wins.

Predicted more wins? 

I figured 11-5 same as I predicted for the year before.

At 5-2 its a real possibility.

Jetsfan20, I agree with Hapless if you come on here and happy to be conciliatory, and honest you are a Jets fan, and want to give you’re perspective, works for me.  You’re always welcome here.  I’m very sorry for you’re fan base as I can’t even tease my Jets buddies who are transplants from that area to here in FL.  I never liked friends of mine who are Pats fans, enjoying rubbing it in when I would be so frustrated with this dysfunctional team for 17 years.

Anyone who is a fan of another team, is honest about it, and wants to give a Jets perspective, cool with me.  I like having a competitive division so it’s a little exciting for another team in the East in the Dolphins as they have as Sal. says an arrow up.  As long as we win the division, it would be nice seeing a good Dolphins and Jets team.  My concern for you’re team outside of the obvious of Gase will be gone, and Darnold will get traded, as I can’t see anyone else winning the Lawrence sweepstakes.  The issue as much as I loved Ralph for bringing back our Bills from the 1940’s Bills, and keeping the team here at all costs even in death, is he was in our way.  You’re owners are horrible.  I do think you’re GM will get his own hire in a coach (Bieniemy would be my choice especially for Lawrence), and with the fire sale should have a lot of draft picks to be good in a couple of years.  That’s what Miami decided to do with selling off a bunch of people, and in my eyes hired a solid coach in Flores.

That makes the East relevant so yes, the Jets could take a couple of years, but maybe their could be hope for you guys.  Miami has hope as well. We can all agree watching the Pats at 2-4, and with some hope 2-5 next week, is a great thing.  Honestly, I want us to own the East, but I’d love to see the Fins and Jets down the road competing for wildcard spots every year.  That makes us better.  Watching we hope the Pats going back to anonymity like the 90’s. is so sweet.

My only advice is keep you’re avatar, speak honestly, and if you want to be on our board, welcome.  That’s sincere.   For you’re sake, not to be mean, but because I’d love to see you get Lawrence and a really good coach hope you don’t win a game this year.  Then you can rebuild.

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

unless you’re in the afc East and we are talking about the jets and dolphins.  

You obviously don't watch much football.  The Carp have been playing significantly better than the Pats or Jests.  I think that they have more talent than either, especially at QB, and Brian Flores has been coaching lights out.  He seems to get the most out of the talent he has, and his teams play tough.  The Bills escaped Miami with a 3 point win in week 2.  I think they'll need to be playing better than they have recently to beat the Carp again in the season ender.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

You obviously don't watch much football.  The Carp have been playing significantly better than the Pats or Jests.  I think that they have more talent than either, especially at QB, and Brian Flores has been coaching lights out.  He seems to get the most out of the talent he has, and his teams play tough.  The Bills escaped Miami with a 3 point win in week 2.  I think they'll need to be playing better than they have recently to beat the Carp again in the season ender.

k, we aren’t taking about the last decade all of a sudden.   

fair enough 

• Thank you (+1) 1