A Jets fans perspective to today’s game

JetsFan20

21 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The stats aren't meaningless, they show that our offense had their way with the Jets defense until they repeatedly shot themselves in the foot in the redzone. I'll agree that the Jets could've won, but they just as easily could've been blown out.

Bills also never punted and entered Jet territory on every drive.

8 FGs attempts, fumble in the RZ and Victory Formation were their 10 posessions.

Edited by matter2003

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bills also never punted and entered Jet territory on every drive.

8 FGs attempts, fumble in the RZ and Victory Formation were their 10 posessions.

And only 18 Points. The Bills made a mistake on every drive. 

The Jets defense is Hot trash. There was an 8 yard completion underneath available every time Allen wanted it. 

12 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The FO has murdered the D-line...

No.  The biggest difference was the Star opt-out.  Our Dline probably would have been improved otherwise.  Now with Star opting out I wish we would have kept Shaq.  

Star frees up the fast LBs in our D to hunt so that the other DL can contain the edge and get after the passer.

Oliver has been forced to play 1tech which means our best 3tech has been lost as well as our 1tech.  

So it's almost like we lost Oliver and Star due to the pandemic.

1 minute ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets defense is Hot trash. There was an 8 yard completion underneath available every time Allen wanted it. 

And that means what exactly? We beat a team we were supposed to beat. You can sit there and say anything you want to make you feel better about the loss but the Bills were the better team today. 

12 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Stats look like your D is better than ours but we still beat you.  Interesting. Especially given today's game maid our stats better and yours worse.  

I think we won today because even though our offense is banged up it is still light-years better than yours.

67% 2018yds 16Tds 4ints, 82.4QBR, 108 passer rating, and you can add another 143yds and 3tds rushing.

Do you know what those numbers are.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm a Jets fan like you, I would be scared to death of the Jets finding a way to win 2 or 3 games this year! 

Need to go all in and get that No. 1 overall pick.

They’re not gonna get the 1st overall pick if Houston keeps losing lol if they keep losing that pick is going to Miami

54 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Doubled you up on first downs, TOP, held to 254 total yards. 

Fortune had nothing to do with it. Bills just didn’t finish drives 

This.  Lucky the Jets didn't get blown out.  It isn't what Jets did,  it's what Bills didn't  do. The Jets are terrible, they are fortunate not get beat badly.

Of course they looked past the Jets. Who doesn't?  

When the Bills stopped messing around,  they found a way to win, which wasn't hard.

27 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Oh tons of them. They got too cute with some stuff too.

56 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

So by that logic the jets were fortunate all those almost interceptions by the Bills weren't caught, or else it would of been a blowout.

Jets were fortunate that a penalty nullified the Davis TD and that sleep-deprived new daddy Kroft couldn't keep his balance and run it in

55 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Or that Kroft doesn't know his left foot from his right; or a BS penatly negating at TD throw,.

Great minds and all that!

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

First of all congrats. I was going to be rooting for the Bills next week, but may need Pats to lose for draft positioning. 

The Bills came out incredibly flat today and against any other  NFL team it would have cost them. Against the Jets? Not so much. 

1) This was the first game all year Gregg Williams defensive game plan actually worked. Ignore the stats Allen put up-they are meaningless. The Jets don’t have any corners who can cover and Williams as a result has installed a boring bend but don’t break defense. The idea is to force the offense to execute 10-12 play drives and hope they screw up once or twice to kill the drive. The Bills obviously had numerous drive killing plays. 

2) The Jets offense started out hot executing scripted plays, but once the bills adjusted and forced Gase to adjust and Darnold to read the defense they both bombed. It’s been pretty typical of the Gase/Darnold era. 

3) The Bills were fortunate to walk off the field today a winner.  It also shows how difficult it is to lose 16 games in the NFL. Had a couple of those Allen passes ended up in the hands of a Jet defender even this sorry team may have built an insurmountable lead. 

That’s a very fair take IMO.  I’m shocked the Jets got away from the run.  I really think that was a big mistake. 

58 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The stats aren't meaningless, they show that our offense had their way with the Jets defense until they repeatedly shot themselves in the foot in the redzone. I'll agree that the Jets could've won, but they just as easily could've been blown out.

Agree.  The Bills were moving the ball pretty well most of the game, just couldn't find the end zone.  8 field goal attempts is really high for a game - offense was moving, just couldn't finish the job. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

First of all congrats. I was going to be rooting for the Bills next week, but may need Pats to lose for draft positioning. 

The Bills came out incredibly flat today and against any other  NFL team it would have cost them. Against the Jets? Not so much. 

1) This was the first game all year Gregg Williams defensive game plan actually worked. Ignore the stats Allen put up-they are meaningless. The Jets don’t have any corners who can cover and Williams as a result has installed a boring bend but don’t break defense. The idea is to force the offense to execute 10-12 play drives and hope they screw up once or twice to kill the drive. The Bills obviously had numerous drive killing plays. 

2) The Jets offense started out hot executing scripted plays, but once the bills adjusted and forced Gase to adjust and Darnold to read the defense they both bombed. It’s been pretty typical of the Gase/Darnold era. 

3) The Bills were fortunate to walk off the field today a winner.  It also shows how difficult it is to lose 16 games in the NFL. Had a couple of those Allen passes ended up in the hands of a Jet defender even this sorry team may have built an insurmountable lead. 

"Almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car."

Edited by BillsFan692

I can't find a win on the Jets schedule. I don't know how they'll beat anybody with this offense. Weirdly enough I feel like their best chance is against the Patriots, maybe in week 17 if the Patriots are already out of the playoff picture. Other than that, maybe the Dolphins if Tua has a rookie mistakes game?

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Hey that was a tough play on Kroft, props to him making plays when they actually throw to him. A tight end making a tough catch on this team is like seeing a leprechaun in real life 

LOL!  I'm always excited when I see a TE contribution to our game and 4 receptions on 4 targets for 64 yards for Kroft just makes me so happy!

BELUGA WHALE SIGHTING! (I believe that's Kroft's career 3rd highest yards).  Now the question is will he continue to contribute, or will he disappear back into the "deep blue sea of the gridiron?  Because the way teams are playing us, we NEED OUR TE

• Like (+1) 2