Sign in to follow this  
Miyagi-Do Karate

Offensive red zone efficiency— we are okay

We couldn’t punch the ball into the end zone today, but I don’t think we should be worried about it.

One thing I have noticed throughout this season is how unbelievably awesome Josh Allen and our receivers have been in the red zone all year. The execution has been at a ridiculous level. Just recall some of the catches— the Gabe Davis TD against Miami, John Brown near -TD against the Raiders, Kroft TD against the Rams, and Beasley TD from the slot (against the Raiders, I think)— are a few that come to mind. The play calling too has been just really creative and smart— recall the McKenzie jet sweep TD a few weeks back. 

I think what we saw today was the team come down a little, and also suffer from some bad penalties and a few negative plays that put us in bad spots down there today. I think they can and will correct it.

I haven’t looked at the stats after today, but as I recall, They have been in the top 10 in red zone conversions for TD’s and JA has been in the top 2 or 3 in red zone completions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Most interesting thing I think is we had 422 yds without scoring a TD - that's a lot

Allan was completing many 20+ yard passes  including some for TD's in the first 4 weeks.  Seems teams are taking the longer pass away and forcing him to dink and dunk down the field which today he did a good job of.  However when you're on the 10 yard line or so and only have 20 yards to work with including the endzone, those passes become harder to complete.

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Allan was completing many 20+ yard passes  including some for TD's in the first 4 weeks.  Seems teams are taking the longer pass away and forcing him to dink and dunk down the field which today he did a good job of.  However when you're on the 10 yard line or so and only have 20 yards to work with including the endzone, those passes become harder to complete.

Dome of this is the D.   Some of this is no John brown.