SNF: Seahawks at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we will beat New England and if you offered me a split between Seattle and Arizona right now I'd snap your hand off. I had a split in my game by game predictions. I had us beating Seattle at home and losing in Arizona. I still think that is the most likely way of getting a split. Try and score on the bad Seattle D.

if we win the next two i will be ABSOLUTELY expecting a win in zona.  i won't be able to help myself.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

A guy sprinting was the best play you’ve seen all season?  I think Lockett made 3 catches last night that were better than a big man sprinting straight 

It's funny how the DK Metcalf play made the #1 play on Sportscenter over both of the big Locket catches(don't get me wrong they were fantastic grabs and they ranked them at #2 and #3 respectively) but if all you got out of that was a guy sprinting then I take it perhaps you never played any Sports in your life?  The hustle, the determination and the fact he was able to make the tackle were incredible.  The fact that Seattle's defense stood them up and prevented a scoring possession by Arizona made the whole scenario amazing.  

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's funny how the DK Metcalf play made the #1 play on Sportscenter over both of the big Locket catches(don't get me wrong they were fantastic grabs and they ranked them at #2 and #3 respectively) but if all you got out of that was a guy sprinting then I take it perhaps you never played any Sports in your life?  The hustle, the determination and the fact he was able to make the tackle were incredible.  The fact that Seattle's defense stood them up and prevented a scoring possession by Arizona made the whole scenario amazing.  

I played sports my entire life.  I play hoops weekly at the age of 46, but yeah.....

Woooooo the ever impressive Sportscenter chose it as their play of the day.  Now that’s big time.  The  big huge guy that everyone is enamored with didn’t give up on a play and out ran a guy that he’s faster than over the course of 90ish yards.  Idk what to say.  I don’t think it’s the best play of the year.  The dude raN a 4.33 and chased down a guy that ran a 4.45 over the entire length of the field.  Nice play DK. Not the best of the year imo.

Seattle's defense getting the stop was huge. It makes DKs play even better than it should’ve been imo.  

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

I played sports my entire life.  I play hoops weekly at the age of 46, but yeah.....

Woooooo the ever impressive Sportscenter chose it as their play of the day.  Now that’s big time.  The  big huge guy that everyone is enamored with didn’t give up on a play and out ran a guy that he’s faster than over the course of 90ish yards.  Idk what to say.  I don’t think it’s the best play of the year.  

Seattle's defense getting the stop was huge. It makes DKs play even better than it should’ve been imo.  

Fair enough.  I can understand why someone wouldn't view that as the best play of the year...and yeah I was probably exaggerating at that point but I was also surprised to see a negative reaction to that play.  I think it was the only negative reaction I've seen towards it all morning.  Everybody has been raving about it...which yeah that does get kind've annoying when something gets blown up by media coverage and overdone but I jumped out of my chair last night and screamed out Holy S*** in real time reaction lol...Not sure if you saw where Metcalf lined up in formation on the play but that made it all the more impressive to me.  Even though Seattle ended up losing the game, preventing a TD there was a huge momentum swinger.  

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Fair enough.  I can understand why someone wouldn't view that as the best play of the year...and yeah I was probably exaggerating at that point but I was also surprised to see a negative reaction to that play.  I think it was the only negative reaction I've seen towards it all morning.  Everybody has been raving about it...which yeah that does get kind've annoying when something gets blown up by media coverage and overdone but I jumped out of my chair last night and screamed out Holy S*** in real time reaction lol...Not sure if you saw where Metcalf lined up in formation on the play but that made it all the more impressive to me.  Even though Seattle ended up losing the game, preventing a TD there was a huge momentum swinger.  

I hear ya. I must admit, I’m not a huge DK guy due to all the DK slobbers on this site.  So many posterS here going downtown on the guy.  I thought he was a 2nd rd talent.....just like every other GM in the league, including the Seahawks, who took 2 players (including 1 really bad player) ahead of him. He landed in the perfect situation and along with his hard worth, athleticism and ability to stay healthy so far, has become one of the better WRs in the game. 

so when I saw you say that it was the best play of the year.....I envisioned you going down on him too and couldn’t bite my tongue. Among others, I thought that josh allens throw to John Brown vs the raiders (that should’ve been a TD) was a much better play.  That throw was just insane.  

it was a great play and a hell of an effort by a physical freak beast. Sorry for the negativity.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya. I must admit, I’m not a huge DK guy due to all the DK slobbers on this site.  So many posterS here going downtown on the guy.  I thought he was a 2nd rd talent.....just like every other GM in the league, including the Seahawks, who took 2 players (including 1 really bad player) ahead of him. He landed in the perfect situation and along with his hard worth, athleticism and ability to stay healthy so far, has become one of the better WRs in the game. 

so when I saw you say that it was the best play of the year.....I envisioned you going down on him too and couldn’t bite my tongue. Among others, I thought that josh allens throw to John Brown vs the raiders (that should’ve been a TD) was a much better play.  That throw was just insane.  

it was a great play and a hell of an effort by a physical freak beast. Sorry for the negativity.  

The Seahawks choosing a really bad 3rd round talent in round 1 is one of my favourite annual traditions. Schneider has run 11 drafts for Seattle. He hasn't had a first every year as some years when they had a late first they traded down but he has made 8 first round picks. Only one of the 8 - Earl Thomas - has gone on to sign a second contract with the team.

But just when you think "how the hell has this guy kept his job?" You look at his record rounds 2-5 and it is incredible. Tate, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Lockett, Clark, Wagner, Reed, Metcalf, Griffin, Flowers, Dissly and.... of course.... Wilson himself.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, colin said:

if we win the next two i will be ABSOLUTELY expecting a win in zona.  i won't be able to help myself.

Winning on the road in Arizona is not easy.  I will take 7-3 at the bye as long as they beat the Pats.  7-3 at the break probably would lock up the AFC East.  7 wins is probably all that is needed to win the AFC East and they still would have 6 games to go.  I see 10-6 and an AFC East Championship by 3 or 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Seahawks choosing a really bad 3rd round talent in round 1 is one of my favourite annual traditions. Schneider has run 11 drafts for Seattle. He hasn't had a first every year as some years when they had a late first they traded down but he has made 8 first round picks. Only one of the 8 - Earl Thomas - has gone on to sign a second contract with the team.

But just when you think "how the hell has this guy kept his job?" You look at his record rounds 2-5 and it is incredible. Tate, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Lockett, Clark, Wagner, Reed, Metcalf, Griffin, Flowers, Dissly and.... of course.... Wilson himself.

And Chris Carson wasn't a bad selection in round 7...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah, he really sucks in the 1st round.  I was mind blown when they announced Collier I had him as late 3rd-4th rd.  Not a fan.  Ifedi might have been an even worse pick.  I really loved Penny coming out and was hoping that we’d draft him, but in the first rd, I was baffled.  

He’s been a mastermind after rd 1 though 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Just a note on these two teams since we play them in consecutive weeks after the pats - both will likely be missing their best RBs to injury 

I have a feeling Carson will be back for us.  Really hoping he’s not.  He’s not a good matchup for our d

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah, he really sucks in the 1st round.  I was mind blown when they announced Collier I had him as late 3rd-4th rd.  Not a fan.  Ifedi might have been an even worse pick.  I really loved Penny coming out and was hoping that we’d draft him, but in the first rd, I was baffled.  

He’s been a mastermind after rd 1 though 

Same on Collier and Ifedi. Had both in the 3rd. I thought I was higher than most people on Brooks last year I had a 2/3 borderline on him. Then Seattle go on the clock and boom.... 1st rounder. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

It's all good.  We probably both overreacted a bit, but hey what are messageboards for? Lol.  And I can see where your coming from with all the DK fanboys, some football fans are like that in general where they obsess over certain players and it's all the Bills fault for not drafting them! Haha I def didn't mean for my post to be like one of those, was just an impressive hustle play that got me fired up!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Same on Collier and Ifedi. Had both in the 3rd. I thought I was higher than most people on Brooks last year I had a 2/3 borderline on him. Then Seattle go on the clock and boom.... 1st rounder. 

I didn’t hate on the brooks pick.  Definitely higher than I expected, but I really like the player.  

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's all good.  We probably both overreacted a bit, but hey what are messageboards for? Lol.  And I can see where your coming from with all the DK fanboys, some football fans are like that in general where they obsess over certain players and it's all the Bills fault for not drafting them! Haha I def didn't mean for my post to be like one of those, was just an impressive hustle play that got me fired up!  

All good my man.  It was an impressive hustle play.  I had a few parlays all riding on the cardinals.  That play made me sad. Especially when they went for it on 4th instead of grabbing the fg

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Winning on the road in Arizona is not easy.  I will take 7-3 at the bye as long as they beat the Pats.  7-3 at the break probably would lock up the AFC East.  7 wins is probably all that is needed to win the AFC East and they still would have 6 games to go.  I see 10-6 and an AFC East Championship by 3 or 4 games.

i know that, and i don't care.  if we actually pull off the next two (long odds) i will be a zubaz wearing psycho homer, at least until a few minutes into the game where we make some bad mistake, then i will be chicken little.

it is my right as a bills fan.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

That was reminiscent of Ben Watson and Champ Bailey.  Metcalf will be a locker room hero for that especially if they hold them to 3 here.

That was one of the most impressive hustle plays of all time.  The one that really stands out to me because of the insane athleticism is Larry Allen running down a guy to save a TD.