Cam Newton, he's good

I think Cam is a good starting caliber QB, he got run into the ground in Carolina and he isn't surrounded by enough talent in NE. I think likely Billy B is going to ride with Cam for one more season or even two while he grooms a QB. The Pats are having an off year but it isn't Cam's fault.

3 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Yeah, but it’s us next week and he’ll run all over & through this D. So don’t laugh too hard.

Not if the Bills D play like they did the 2nd half of today's game. Hopefully they can build off that and keep it going, but I can see it going the way you describe also. So we will see.

7 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Yeah, but it’s us next week and he’ll run all over & through this D. So don’t laugh too hard.

I'd have agreed in basically every previous year I've been on this board

But

I really think with Cams decline, McDs familiarity with him , NE lack of any playmakers ,our D playing a great 2nd half and having some momentum and McD being winless vs Belichick and probably foaming out the mouth to change that,  the Buffalo Bills will dominate Cam and NE!!!

7 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Well he is starting, but the Bills should make him look bad yet again.  He looks done.

There's a reason he signed a 1 year deal for backup QB $$.

GMs knew he was SHOT

People just fell in love with the name , "Cam Newton" and the greatest coach possibly ever , "Bill Belichick" and created this narrative that this team can be a force despite the big names.  

They must have forgot it wasn't 2015 and guys like Josh Allen and Sean McDermott are in the division and are on a mission 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Cam is a good starting caliber QB, he got run into the ground in Carolina and he isn't surrounded by enough talent in NE. I think likely Billy B is going to ride with Cam for one more season or even two while he grooms a QB. The Pats are having an off year but it isn't Cam's fault.

What QB is he grooming?

Is he brushing the hair of a Tom Brady doll?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Did he finally get yanked?

I couldn't believe Belichik signed him.

Yep , the commentators were noting how he was being benched for “ ineffectiveness” , which Romo pointed out was not an actual measured stat!  Three ints is certainly measurable tho.  Hope this doesn’t light a fire for him next week; maybe coach B will start Stidham and that would be better for our struggling to contain d line. Running is the main way I see Cam being an issue for us.  

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

Yep , the commentators were noting how he was being benched for “ ineffectiveness” , which Romo pointed out was not an actual measured stat!  Three ints is certainly measurable tho.  Hope this doesn’t light a fire for him next week; maybe coach B will start Stidham and that would be better for our struggling to contain d line. Running is the main way I see Cam being an issue for us.  

BB already backed Cam. When asked about status as starter, he confirmed “Yes, absolutely”

Doesn’t mean he is sworn by it but FYI 

• Like (+1) 1