Can we give some love to Cole Beasley?

Hebert19

On pace for 90 catches and over 1,000 yards currently.

Beast.

Edit: Every time I think of the Josh Allen "mustache" video where Cole Beasley shouts "Dad?!" in that high-pitched, goofy voice, I crack up. 🤣

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, Brennan Huff said:

Anyone else want to run their fingers through his golden blonde hair?

LOL!  Tony Romo apparently!

The reference if you missed it:  Romo on Thanksgiving.  Beasley is having A Day. 

After one reception, the Dallas player ripped Beasley's helmet off.

Romo said something about "and Cole Beasley...with that great hair" in kind of a weird dreamy voice.  You could tell Nantz must have looked taken aback or something because Romo laughed and said in a normal voice "I've known Cole Beasley a long time"

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL!  Tony Romo apparently!

The reference if you missed it:  Romo on Thanksgiving.  Beasley is having A Day. 

After one reception, the Dallas player ripped Beasley's helmet off.

Romo said something about "and Cole Beasley...with that great hair" in kind of a weird dreamy voice.  You could tell Nantz must have looked taken aback or something because Romo laughed and said in a normal voice "I've known Cole Beasley a long time"

Ha I do remember that! I think that was the day my girlfriend started calling him “Goldilocks” and it stuck

• Haha (+1) 1

Dude is a baller but I don't see him as improved. He's always been good, from the Cowboys days to all this time here.

They can take away Diggs but not take away both Diggs and Brown. And Beasley will always have many one on one routes underneath. And he's one of the best at spotting weak spots in zone defenses.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Ha I do remember that! I think that was the day my girlfriend started calling him “Goldilocks” and it stuck

2:15 or so into this video.

It could really be a hair commercial: "Use Pantene Pro V and your great hair will survive anything including having your helmet ripped off after an NFL gang tackle!"

image.thumb.png.56155556d0d77881ffc065c0ce647940.png

OK, so maybe that wouldn't sell 😍

What I like to see is that a fellow WR is right there sticking up for Beas, followed by Feliciano. 

Of course if they did force a fumble, we want to have guys who could pick it up, but there's a real message to the other team there as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBobs said:

He's been great -- I've been particularly impressed with his ability to climb the ladder and pull in some high fastballs from Josh Allen despite his short stature.

Ya.  Last year he wasn't snagging these with the frequency he is this year.  

On 10/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, BillsFan130 said:

Most underrated guy on this team IMO.

Guy is a beast.

This ^^^

Beasley is often not mentioned when our receivers are talked about, he is a crucial part of our receiver Corp. and deserves some love.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Dude is a baller but I don't see him as improved. He's always been good, from the Cowboys days to all this time here.

They can take away Diggs but not take away both Diggs and Brown. And Beasley will always have many one on one routes underneath. And he's one of the best at spotting weak spots in zone defenses.

Exactly. Always has been good. Just a top shelf professional slot receiver. Basically uncoverable in zone. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nucci said:

He gets talked up here often. We all know how good he is

He's a classic New England possession kind of receiver who moves the chains regularly.

He reminds me of Wes Welker and Edelman.  

Has a knack of making 1 quick move to get separation, and can do it regularly.  

He would have had unbelievable stats playing with the Tom Brady of a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. i dont like clutch wr's on pace for 90 and 1000 either. 🙄

Clutch? 

He’s improved this year for sure, but he is far from clutch. Never, in his career has he been considered “clutch”. 

He’s a nice complimentary player, that can get open in the slot. That’s it. 

And that’s ok. 

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Clutch? 

He’s improved this year for sure, but he is far from clutch. Never, in his career has he been considered “clutch”. 

He’s a nice complimentary player, that can get open in the slot. That’s it. 

And that’s ok. 

thats literally exactly what he was considered in dallas. The guy had a rep for getting open on big downs. its what got him paid and its what he did occasionally last year in buffalo and with regularity this season. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

thats literally exactly what he was considered in dallas. The guy had a rep for getting open on big downs. its what got him paid and its what he did occasionally last year in buffalo and with regularity this season. 

7 seasons in Dallas

averaged: 45 catches / 467 Yards/ 3 TD’s

Sorry, but that’s not clutch. 

He makes the occasional play on the 3rd down, and this season he seems to be playing CONSISTENTLY. This is certainly a new development, and it’s possible that having some influence on route design and concepts, is the reason. 

I’m glad that he is on the Bills this season, lets agree to disagree about the rest.

25 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

7 seasons in Dallas

averaged: 45 catches / 467 Yards/ 3 TD’s

Sorry, but that’s not clutch. 

He makes the occasional play on the 3rd down, and this season he seems to be playing CONSISTENTLY. This is certainly a new development, and it’s possible that having some influence on route design and concepts, is the reason. 

I’m glad that he is on the Bills this season, lets agree to disagree about the rest.

I think our definition of what clutch is must be quite different. The dude was a go-to in Dallas when they needed a quick first and he’s developed into that in buffalo. It has nothing to do with a ton of yards or catches overall. Back when we signed him I literally had 5 or 6 cowboys fans in passing by local establishments comment on how much they’ll miss his presence on big downs. 

Just quoting off overall averages on stats doesn’t say much if anything about clutch factors IMO. Not really even close to what I would define it as. 

“Still not a huge fan of his”.... said one person out of a whole 3 pages of comments.... geez man.