Bills to work out TE Alex Ellis

BillsMafi$

So far I have been happy with Kroft, but we are an injury away from being in trouble.

A game-changer at TE would be nice, but Allen just needs that TE with reliable hands who can out-position and highpoint the ball as that security blanket.

Having that TE outlet IMO helps Allen settle down and find his rhythm.

Kroft is doing that now, and the investment waiting for him to get healthy is starting to pay dividends.

Edited by WideNine

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO Knox has proven to be a draft bust. This organization has gone far too long without a legit pass catching TE. Not sure bringing in some scrub like Ellis is going to help much...

It won't.  This guy has been on 6 different teams in 4 years. He has 3 career catches for 11 yards. I have no faith in Knox whatsoever.  We saw stumble foot Kroft wide open. It's like opposing teams don't even gameplan our TE's. We have to strive for someone better than Ellis.

• Like (+1) 1

Ellis was a high school QB and walked on as a WR at Tennessee before winning a scholarship as tight end.  Interesting footnote: Ellis is diabetic.

Charles Jones II timed at 4.9 in the 40 at his pro day.  Not the fastest ever, but then it is late October, not exactly prime free agent season.  On the bright side, he does have a few NFL snaps with Jacksonville.

ENOUGH with the cheap also-rans!!!

We've got lots of guys who make one or two plays a game. We need consistent, reliable contributors, as long as they're at a fair price.

What would it take to get Rudolph from MN? He turns 31 in 2 weeks, which is isn't that bad. Probably 4-5 productive years left.

I lived in MN until a year ago, so I saw him play often. He was never that athletic, and would never outrun linebackers. But he has feather pillows for hands, and is a nice big target.

Beane, make it happen!!

Foster Moreau is a guy i really like. He’s been pushed down the depth chart and is running #3 right now behind Waller and Witten. It might be worth a look, or at least an inquiry.

The Evan Engram idea makes sense depending on the cost. 

Maybe make a call to the Seahawks. Jacob Hollister is also running #3 on their depth chart behind Olsen and Dissly, plus he’s got that chemistry with Josh Allen and knowledge of the offense from his days with the Pats. 

2 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

I am not sure why anyone believes the Giants would trade Engram.  He is their best option in the passing game, he is only 26, and is under contract for 2021.

I think it is one of those change of scenery type deals. The guy has potential, but will probably never be good in NY.