Need to run to beat the Pats

8 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Teams have been running it successfully against the Pats including San Fran today. 
I hope we don’t just throw the ball all day against their pass D, or it will be a long day for Josh.

can Daboll actually design a successful run game?

Need to run period.  We were gonna lose until we started running today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Need to run period.  We were gonna lose until we started running today.

This.  

we need to have a threat of the run at the very least.  It’s been terrible watching us TRY and run, but once we abandon it, it makes it just that much a harder to pass

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Moss looks good keep feeding him against NE.

Agreed.  It seems like Motor gets taken down shortly after first contact almost every carry.  

Moss is showing some of that power he did in college after it was looking like his strength might not translate.  I like him getting the ball in 3-4 wr sets where the D is playing those deep zones like they have been.  He can punish those defenses

• Thank you (+1) 1

Frankly - Our O-line just needs to not get blown up. Regardless of it being Run or Pass blocking. The last two weeks they were absolutely man handled the majority of the game (although The KC game was more a matter of missing on all of our big swings). Until the O-line settled in today - we were looking like a 3 game losing streak. 

I don't know if running is the key.  We've won the games that Josh has played well.  We've lost the games where he didn't.  So I tend to think we'll win if Allen plays well.  And I think that means taking what the Pats give him - and doing it decisively & quickly.

It would certainly help if the running game produced more.  It would also help if the D looked as good against the Pats as it did against the Jets in the second half.  And if Bass didn't miss any kicks.  

Despite the disparity in records, this game worries me.  The way I think about it, the Pats own the AFCE crown until some team forcibly takes it away from them.  I want to see the Bills win big to send a message.  But regardless of who's under center, Belichick always poses a threat.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Teams have been running it successfully against the Pats including San Fran today. 
I hope we don’t just throw the ball all day against their pass D, or it will be a long day for Josh.

I agree in theory, but we don’t have anyone who will be able to run successfully against them. Our RBs are not strong and fast enough to the hole. 

I think we are better on those swing passes out to the RBs in space. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

In theory, that'd be great.  Outside of Bmore, San Fran might have the most diverse run game/short passing attack. 

We just don't have the personnel, imo, to execute the same way.  But we do have options to have a solid offensive attack, Daboll better expect press man (similar to KC) bc we struggled with that.  And Josh needs some quick hitting routes to get into a rhythm.

Admittedly, I have not watched Pats other losses. But I know they force alot of turnovers still, so we need to take care of the ball and keep our 2ns half defensive momentum