Why the defense got it's mojo back

Buffalo716

The defense came out good in the first half. Only allowed 6 points and probably only should have given up 3. But the offense failed to get that 2 posession lead and then the defense struggled in the second half giving up 15 and easily could have given up 3 to 7 more had they not made the big play. 

Overall the offense did bailout the defense yet again but this team needs to play more complementary football. The Bills should have had a 10 to 14 point lead going into the second half. The defense should have held up better while the offense was rolling. 

This game shouldn't have come down to a late turnover. But that being said Josh got them the lead late and the defense came up with the big play when needed. They got fat going into a tough 2 game stretch. 

7 minutes ago, unclepete said:

As I said earlier in this thread. The defense was still just as bad. We beat a Jets team that quit on their coach. Got destroyed today. 

Why do people act like I said the problem was solved

I was specifically talking the second half vs the Jets. Does nobody read

This was a post game Jets thread about what our defense did well

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not to be that guy but I had to bump this thread... the defense is still abysmal. I would argue that Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, and AJ Klein are all among the worst in the league at their respective positions. Edmunds is in that conversation too.

I never said this was a season long thing so why are you bumping this

This was a post game defensive thread about the Jets. And what we did well

Not that our defense is fixed

Edited by Buffalo716

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not to be that guy but I had to bump this thread... the defense is still abysmal. I would argue that Harrison Phillips, Taron Johnson, and AJ Klein are all among the worst in the league at their respective positions. Edmunds is in that conversation too.

How can you claim they are among the worst in the league? Do you watch every game, every week and evaluate those positions?

Making big guesses like that is just silly.

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

How can you claim they are among the worst in the league? Do you watch every game, every week and evaluate those positions?

Making big guesses like that is just silly.

The defense is one of the worst in the league so some of the players have to be in that conversation too.

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

That mojo sure was on display today allowing a bunch of 3rd string WR's and RB's to look like probowlers for a day.

If McClappy truly had and male genital parts he would immediately fire Frazier and send a message but of course that won't happen because of the misleading record right now.

but, you predicted the bills to lose.  

Just now, High Football IQ said:

I did and was wrong, not afraid to admit it.

But they still only barely beat a 2-5 team with most of their key players out with injury and if not for the turnover at the end it's hard to not envision the Pats winning 28-24.

Still think the wheels come off quickly though in the next few weeks against vastly superior teams and the Bills will only likely be favored in 1 or 2 games the rest of the way given the upcoming schedule.

you are one class act!

the schedule is definitely going to get spicy.  they won they games they should have so far, so the bills have to find a way to keep chipping away.  they're certainly not world beaters, but they have time to correct whatever is going on.

7 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I did and was wrong, not afraid to admit it.

But they still only barely beat a 2-5 team with most of their key players out with injury and if not for the turnover at the end it's hard to not envision the Pats winning 28-24.

Still think the wheels come off quickly though in the next few weeks against vastly superior teams and the Bills will only likely be favored in 1 or 2 games the rest of the way given the upcoming schedule.

Doubling down.  What a stud!

I love that you are THIS mad that "your favorite team" won today.  Trolling at its worst.

Edited by Johnnycage46

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why do people act like I said the problem was solved

I was specifically talking the second half vs the Jets. Does nobody read

You said that it was impressive to hold a defense to 4 yards in a half. I felt it was more of a reflection of how bad the Jets are than how well the Bills played. 

22 minutes ago, unclepete said:

You said that it was impressive to hold a defense to 4 yards in a half. I felt it was more of a reflection of how bad the Jets are than how well the Bills played. 

That statement still stands

Holding any NFL team to that amount of yards in a half is impressive

If the bills had four yards in a half, we would be going furious

I said it's something that they could build on.

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, boater said:

Let's not get too carried away with the defense mojo talk. They were merely OK.

The defense was good for 2 halfs and mediocre for two halfs against two of the worst offenses in the league. If this team wants to contend they need to add a piece to the defense. It's going to get ugly against better teams. 

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Unless I'm missing something I see tons of similar posts from other fans as well. And is there a rule to being a Bills (or any pro sports teams in general) fan that you aren't allowed to criticize your favorite team?

Yes it's great the Bills got to squeak by and beat another bad team in the final seconds of an NFL game again but it's not going to stop what's coming when we start playing real NFL teams again in the next two months.

Whhaaaa whaaaaa we're 6-2.  Whhaaaaa