Why the defense got it's mojo back

Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK I did (all from 'any member can access' stuff)

You joined September 28 (public profile).  Your 41 post "record" says "no to Dareus", our D is not elite, Allen is great, Falcons are horrible, Cody Ford is a bust, Dane Jackson is not a starter based upon 1 INT, Tre White is overpaid and overhyped, Moss is a Dud, Knox has potential to be out of football soon, and (16 hrs ago) Daboll is on the hot seat and this will be his last year with the Bills because "him and McDermott" (sic) don't get along at all.

There's nothing in that "record" that Sara Q Fan couldn't have said. 

We all can see that the Bills DL and run game have both greatly underperformed expectations.  It doesn't take insider insight to deduce that Beane is probably looking very hard to make one or more trade moves before the deadline (whether to shore up the injury plagued roster or to improve the team long-term).

If you were a Bills employee or close to one, you come across as highly negative and disgruntled (except about Josh Allen): not a guy I would want with access to confidential team information.

Your cred would improve if you would provide a source rather than just posting this twice.

I am just participating on a board and sharing my opinions.  Allen is great. Our D is not elite (look at the stats) Moss is averaging 2 yards per carry. Dawson is not clutch and cannot block. The falcons do stink  daball is a horrible play caller inside the red zone. Always calls a reverse that loses yards. The white has played horribly this season.  I love the Bills but I am honest

3 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I am just participating on a board and sharing my opinions.  Allen is great. Our D is not elite (look at the stats) Moss is averaging 2 yards per carry. Dawson is not clutch and cannot block. The falcons do stink  daball is a horrible play caller inside the red zone. Always calls a reverse that loses yards. The white has played horribly this season.  I love the Bills but I am honest

Tre white might not be playing at an All-Pro level

But you have bear goggles on if you think he's been horrible. The dude still doesn't give up touchdowns, and doesn't get beat deep

I could literally name 40 outside corners who get beat worse

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Your account is a month old.  You have no record to check.

I see people give their opinion and grade Josh Allen every week. I am just giving my opinion on trades.  It may or may not work out. 

3 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I see people give their opinion and grade Josh Allen every week. I am just giving my opinion on trades.  It may or may not work out. 

No, you're claiming to have sources and a record of delivering insider information which is very different than sharing opinions.  Now you're distancing yourself from prior statements which essentially confirms what many have suspected.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DDCC said:

31 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I am just participating on a board and sharing my opinions. 

LOL no you aren't "just giving your opinion on trades" and "participating on a board and sharing my opinions"

You're claiming insider knowledge and stating explicitly that you have a source.  Own what you do - don't claim you got the goods and say it's just your opinion when people question you.

Q Williams practically begging the Bills to trade for him....

DDCC replied to TheBeaneBandit's topic in The Stadium Wall

Big trade news on horizon   It is common  knowledge around 1 bills drive

DDCC replied to Buffalo716's topic in The Stadium Wall

It is wifey (sic) being reported the bills are in serious conversation to improve their defense. A lot is predicated on the cost but Beane is very aggressive and is being pushed by McDermott to make a move. He doesn’t want to be one and done in the playoffs again

(question: you got some proof?)

DDCC replied to Buffalo716's topic in The Stadium Wall

Yes

11 minutes ago, DDCC said:

I have a bunch of hunting buddies that we play what would you do if you were gm for the day

Sure.  And your hunting buddies playing GM for a day claim "common knowledge around 1 bills drive", inside scoop on how McDermott feels about Daboll and what McDermott wants Beane to do roster-wise, and proof of their knowledge.  🤣

As most have pointed out, we played a terrible team with a terrible offense.  It was nice to just physically see us blitz more which had a big impact on giving up only 4 yards of offense in the 2nd half. We needed this game if for no other reason but confidence. Especially good seeing Jerry flying around.  The NE game will be tougher regardless of their record. Belichick is worlds better than Sean in game managing. Our D will need the same energy this Sunday. Don't be afraid to bring blitz packages at Cam.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

22 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

People saying "it's just the jets" are missing the point. 

We started disguising coverages, crowding the line of scrimmage with 7 or 8 guys, blitzing with Poyer or Johnson, shooting the gaps on run plays. 

THAT'S what we've been looking for; it just happened to click against the Jets. Now, let's do it next week. 

Exactly.The answer to “what changed” is not “it’s just the Jests”. What changed was what we did and how we did it. I know the Jets are bad (to put it politely), but we went from getting repeatedly gashed by a bad team with an ancient RB to holding them to like 4 yards in the second half. We didn’t just get different results because the Jets reverted to lousy. We attacked them differently and we got different results. It’s called coaching, a battle we’ve lost all too often in the past. That was the tale of two halves. 

I’ll probably watch the second half again, but the first half.....not so much..... 

• Like (+1) 2

What I cannot figure out is all the Buffalo Fanatics experts on line can not see there is two different Defense coordinators on the Bills. I don't know if there is a disagreement between McDermott, and Frazier, on how this Defense should attack teams.   When I saw the game yesterday I could tell when McDermott, was calling the Defense when you see Milano, and Edmunds, lineup over the center McDermott, is calling the plays it is a pressure defense the front seven just creates all kinds of confusion and it is a defense that every Bills fan would love because you can move against it but opposing QB's are going to be hit every time they throw.   I don't know why Frazier, does not add those pressure packages and just runs a basic cover 2 when teams just nickel and dime him and his Defense line just can't get to the qb.

16 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

What I cannot figure out is all the Buffalo Fanatics experts on line can not see there is two different Defense coordinators on the Bills. I don't know if there is a disagreement between McDermott, and Frazier, on how this Defense should attack teams.   When I saw the game yesterday I could tell when McDermott, was calling the Defense when you see Milano, and Edmunds, lineup over the center McDermott, is calling the plays it is a pressure defense the front seven just creates all kinds of confusion and it is a defense that every Bills fan would love because you can move against it but opposing QB's are going to be hit every time they throw.   I don't know why Frazier, does not add those pressure packages and just runs a basic cover 2 when teams just nickel and dime him and his Defense line just can't get to the qb.

McDermott's loyalty is going to burn him  Frazier's defense is toothless without exceptional d linemen and those we dont have

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

McDermott's loyalty is going to burn him  Frazier's defense is toothless without exceptional d linemen and those we dont have

Ive been saying it for years....Frazier is a weak link on the coaching staff and his defense is cupcake esp against top teams.....How many blowouts does he own?

On 10/25/2020 at 5:03 PM, Real McNasty said:

The flat our brought the Blitz and it worked. Jets didn't know how to counter. 

Bingo....and we must move forward with this.  We don't have the talent to just rush 4.

We brought heat from everywhere in the second half....backers, safety, CB.  I watched Gases press conference and even he said it was too much, we really brought the pressure in the second half from everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Ive been saying it for years....Frazier is a weak link on the coaching staff and his defense is cupcake esp against top teams.....How many blowouts does he own?

McDermott, needs his guy to run the defense.  I know Frazier, and McDermott, were both coordinators on Jim Johnson's, staff in philly and it took him time to figure out how to run Johnson's defense but when McDermott. calls the plays I have not seen a better coordinator unlike Buddy Ryan, who can pressure the Opposing QB like McDermott.

Edited by Marvlevydraftdaygenius

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Jets scored 28 points vs. the Broncos (though aided by 3 Ints).  Offinse has generated 320, 277, 254, 260, 285, 263 & 219 yards (268 avg) in 5 blowout losses and two games withing 9 points.

I'd be careful to announce they got their "mojo" back....

And they didn't even break 200 against us when we were keeping our only linebacker that can cover anyone on a snap count and the completely immobile statue that is joe Flacco wasnt even playing...injuries aren't normally much of an excuse but we have been absolutely decimated...im not saying we're definitely gonna shut down the patriots but this is not the 07 patriots were talking about here lol are they really miles ahead of the jets offensively?  Jets had extra time to prepare and gase is coaching for his job im not surprised at all he scored on a scripted drive