The 5-2 (3-0 in AFC East) First Place Buffalo Bills

BITE ME

I remember during the 2018 season all the debbie downer posters were saying "I don't  care about silver linings and moral victories, I just wanna win games". Now we're winning games and those same people are crying about the wins not being good or convincing enough.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Most replies and the whining in this thread and others are pathetic.

The Bills are 5-2 and leading the division and people are crying because the win didn’t include enough style points.

Toughen up. Quit being such fairweather negative Nancies. Root for your team and accept that they lead the AFC East and be happy. “But they didn’t beat the Jets by ENOUGH points!”. Wahhhhhhh. 

Bunch of garbage and misery and pessimism. Shameful.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

I think Tua and the Dolphins are the only threat to the Bills.  The Patriots are reeling.

..and the Jet's weren't reeling? We just barely beat the worst team in the NFL and you're making the Patriots seem like a mere inconvenience? Does not computer Dr. Spock.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Lot of negativity here, but who wouldn't have taken 5-2 and first place when the season started.  3-1 on the road too.

Bills could have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Pats going into Pats week.  I will take it.

Is there a single Bills fan that wouldn't have taken 5-2 at this point?

Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals in the next 3.  I will take 6-4 at the bye as long as the win is over the Pats.  7-3 is ideal.

Don't overlook the Dolphins.  I agree with a lot of what you're saying tho.

That NE vs. SF game is a sad QB seen.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

It's that simple huh? I, and I think every NFL analyst on the planet likely doesn't think so.

Those same analyst would have chosen Rosen over Allen.  You think just because they are on TV they know what they are talking about.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills are 5-2 and leading the division and people are crying because the win didn’t include enough style points.

Toughen up. Quit being such fairweather negative Nancies. Root for your team and accept that they lead the AFC East and be happy. “But they didn’t beat the Jets by ENOUGH points!”. Wahhhhhhh. 

People need to turn off whatever sports media source that they view and do something else with their time.  The happiest moment NFL-wise for me in the last 5 years is when I said "good bye" to ESPN.

12 minutes ago, boater said:

..and the Jet's weren't reeling? We just barely beat the worst team in the NFL and you're making the Patriots seem like a mere inconvenience? Does not computer Dr. Spock.

Division games are tough sometimes.  I'll take AFC East Champs this season.  If things remain as they are this season I don't see a SB but I'm fine with that as long as I see progress.

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Today's win was great.  It's not about style points.  Even good teams sometimes struggle against bad team - but still win.  It's the "W" that matters.

But today I was wearing a sweatshirt that reads, "Just One Before I Die."  Few people here in Western Washington knows what it means.  But every Bills fan does.  

I've been a Bills fan for 50 years.  Now I have some health problems stemming from my military/combat service.  You can call me a "Negative Nancy" or "pathetic" or whatever derogatory you want but I love this team.  And with all my heart I want to see them win a Super Bowl before I die.    

Today I yelled and cheered and laughed with gusto as the Bills staged their comeback and sealed the game with a pick.   My grin when time ran out was as big as anyone's.    

But these last few games have pretty much convinced me it's highly unlikely that this is the year the Bills lift the Lombardi Trophy.   Why is it "shameful" to enjoy the win and still harbor doubt about the future?  Maybe it's more shameful to cast ad hominem attacks at fellow Bills fans - I don't know, you decide.     

But, yeah, today we're 5-2 and I as I write this, the Pats are getting trounced by the 9ers.  For Bills fans like us, today is a wonderful day.   

Edited by hondo in seattle

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Lot of negativity here, but who wouldn't have taken 5-2 and first place when the season started.  3-1 on the road too.

Bills could have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Pats going into Pats week.  I will take it.

Is there a single Bills fan that wouldn't have taken 5-2 at this point?

Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals in the next 3.  I will take 6-4 at the bye as long as the win is over the Pats.  7-3 is ideal.

Bills will have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Pats going into next Sunday’s game.