The 5-2 (3-0 in AFC East) First Place Buffalo Bills

BITE ME

Lot of negativity here, but who wouldn't have taken 5-2 and first place when the season started.  3-1 on the road too.

Bills could have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Pats going into Pats week.  I will take it.

Is there a single Bills fan that wouldn't have taken 5-2 at this point?

Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals in the next 3.  I will take 6-4 at the bye as long as the win is over the Pats.  7-3 is ideal.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Beat the Pats next week to put us 3.5-4.5 games ahead of them in the division depending on if they win/lose today and go from there.  

I think Tua and the Dolphins are the only threat to the Bills.  The Patriots are reeling.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Lot of negativity here, but who wouldn't have taken 5-2 and first place when the season started.  3-1 on the road too.

Bills could have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Pats going into Pats week.  I will take it.

Is there a single Bills fan that wouldn't have taken 5-2 at this point?

Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals in the next 3.  I will take 6-4 at the bye as long as the win is over the Pats.  7-3 is ideal.

If we play as we have done now for the last 3 games, we aren't beating any of the teams you mention.

5-5 doesn't have that same ring to it, does it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

I think Tua and the Dolphins are the only threat to the Bills.  The Patriots are reeling.

The Pats have had our number for years, and Allen seems to play like a deer in headlights against them. Get a win next week and I’ll think differently, but I sure as hell am not counting them out 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

The dolphins were successful with Fitz, switching to Tua now is a massive risk.  And I will never count the Pats out until they have 10 losses.

That's the headscratcher. They are in the hunt but are switching QBs. Tua must really have shown something in practice. They must believe he is what can turn on the afterburners. 

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If we play as we have done now for the last 3 games, we aren't beating any of the teams you mention.

5-5 doesn't have that same ring to it, does it?

Every week people assume they are going to play the same way they did that week.  If they play well we are going to the SB, if they lose we cant win another game.  At some point the way the NFL works should sink in. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Every week people assume they are going to play the same way they did that week.  If they win we are going to the SB, if they lose we cant win another game.  At some point the way the NFL works should sink in. 

Its a side effect of perpetual 24/7 sports media coverage. For a whole week you get drilled into your noggin that the Bills are pretenders. You know what they say... any given sunday

• Thank you (+1) 1

Before the season, I said a successful 2020 would be:

-  Winning double-digit games

-  Winning the AFC East

-  Winning at least one playoff game

The Bills are on pace to do the first two.  But the last two weeks, I'm becoming more skeptical they can accomplish the third task.

After 17 years without the playoffs, it's hard to complain at any measure of success.  But if Sean McDermott goes into the offseason boasting an 0-3 record in the postseason, there are going to be a lot of fans questioning his ability to eventually lead us to a championship.

I think the first 4 games had me thinking undefeated world beaters. I was still thinking the defense was suspect. People talking up Allen for MVP.

The next 2 games brought me back to reality but still thinking the Bills take the division and with a little luck, a playoff win but I lost all love for the defense. 

The Jets game didn't really make me feel great about what the Bills would come to prove against a winless team after they eat a couple losses. The Bills needed to destroy the Jets in my opinion. I can't be excited about beating the Jets by a little. 

I'm not wanting to be that negative hot take, fire/replace everyone sort of guy. I just think I was that spoiled over hyped guy that feels a little deflated. Usually I find the over dramatic hot take posters annoying, but for today I am ok with them. 

Edited by Lfod

Back when we started 3-0 I kinda figured we'd go 1-1 against the Raiders and Titans on the road and 1-1 against the Chiefs and Pats at home, with a free Jets win.  Turns out the Jets win wasn't so easy but this is still pretty in line with where I expected the team to be.  They just need to go beat the Pats.

• Like (+1) 2

I am enjoying this season but the elite of the AFC includes 3 of 4 of the division leaders: KC, Pittsburg and Tennessee.  Not the Bills.

The problem is that our wins have come entirely from one source: the passing game.  Our RBs haven't contributed much.  The defense hasn't played well all season - unless you count the second half of today's game against the woeful Jets.  The special teams haven't been special.

And our one source of victory is fickle.  Some games Josh and the wideouts look unstoppable.  Other times they look inept.  

Winning is great.  5-2 in immensely better than 2-5.  But unless we get better in other facets of the game, we're not going to do much in the postseason.  

I know these are dark thoughts for a beautiful day when when we picked up another important "W" and retained our position atop the AFCE.   But, for me, the fact we struggled against the hapless Jets takes some luster off the victory.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Haha (+1) 1