Bills D in 2nd half reminded me of the Chargers game in 2018 where they got shredded in 1st half then figured it out...

Big Turk

17 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

This game was nothing to be proud of.  The amount of money we have sunk into this D and the results in the last 3 games is embarrassing.  Not to mention once again this is the 0-6 for Jets we are talking about.  If the D truly turned the corner we would not have seen Frank Gore look like a rookie running the ball today in the first half of this game today.  Sorry the D is still nowhere even close to being a shut down unit you need to go deep into the playoffs with.  

The wake up call will be next week against the Pats.  If we give them any life on offence then you know that our D is just a mirage.

You think it looks good one moment from a far away perspective but when you get up and close and really look it over it you realize it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

That is truly the way this D has looked and all year long, no matter what you do they can't fix it with the personal they have on the current roster.

KC won the SB last year with a defense worse than ours. Let's be real...offense wins super bowls now not defense.

1 hour ago, Process said:

The past three weeks, the bills have gotten dominated in losses twice, didn't score a TD against one of the worst teams in NFL history, and struggled to beat the jets winning by 8 (the lowest margin of victory by any team the jets have faced this season). All while being held to under 20 points in each game. 

There isn't much to be optimistic about after the game today. But it's a win, and we have another shot to get things turned around this week in a big game against the pats. 

And I think that’s the OPs point.  We DID turn things around in the 2nd half.  The jets O was dominating our D until Darnold threw the pick.  The correct 2nd half adjustments were made (which hasn’t been the case all year up til this game).  Nothing that has happened this year matters anymore.  We can only hope that the coaching staff makes the right changes going forward.  Things can change drastically with a couple minor tweaks. Let’s hope we can make the right tweaks

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

KC won the SB last year with a defense worse than ours. Let's be real...offense wins super bowls now not defense.

By what measure was KC's defense from last year worse than the Bills DEF this year?

2019 DEF rankings for KC

Points against 7th

Total yards allowed 17th

Rushing yards allowed 26th

Passing yards allowed 8th

The only reason the Bills defense isn't bottom 5 across all categories this season is that we've played the historically inept Jets twice out of seven games. 

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

“Figuring out” the worst offense in the NFL is not really anything to be proud of. 

If you can't figure things out against the Jets then who are you going to figure it out against? If the defense can get healthy and add a true one tech DT I think they can round into being an average at worst defense.

1 hour ago, Process said:

The jets are one of the worst teams in NFL history. They just got shut out by the dolphins. 

Just stop. Our defense sucks and is a major problem. 

Not even close. What are you using to determine they are one of the worst in NFL history?

Not even close to being true.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Bills D turnaround was stunning in 2nd half and it revolved around bringing pressure...Tre White even came on a blitz up the middle once and they got the sack...

It reminded me of 2018 where the Bills D got shredded for 6 quarters by the Ravens and Chargers but then in the second half of the Charger game they completely shut them down.

Hoping the Bills figured something similar out because the Jets looked inept in the 2nd half...4 total yards, and 2 INTs and 1 first down. A bunch of sacks for us too as we finished with 6 in the game.

Also had numerous 3 and outs.

I would much rather have this D attack and get burnt a few times than sit back and let teams pick us apart. Hope they take notes and do this more often.

Suddenly the D Line looks pretty good as they made Darnold run for his life almost every dropback...maybe they can't get there with 4 but bring 5 and the D Line is making things happen..

I agree!! Doesn’t matter that the jets aren’t great on O. I felt like the defense finally found its identity in the second half and played with the aggression it needs. They’ve been playing scared all year. D won this game today. 

Only this team wasn't QB'ed by Peterman and Taylor (and I liked, but didn't love Taylor).

This coaching staff, I still feel, doesn't adjust enough, but they adjusted enough to get the W.  I think that there are issues on D where adjustments have to be gentle.  I think that the team has issues on O where run blocking is very quick, and that we don't have a RB1 who can make it happen.

I'm not going to harp on HC because I promised on the 2nd half gameday thread that I wasn't going to.  So I won't until end of season.

Outside of this, this was absolutely nothing like the SD game, where Peterman did his absolute best to lay a skid mark on a possible victory early and often.

Edited by Groin

Bills D turnaround was stunning in 2nd half and it revolved around bringing pressure...Tre White even came on a blitz up the middle once and they got the sack...

It reminded me of 2018 where the Bills D got shredded for 6 quarters by the Ravens and Chargers but then in the second half of the Charger game they completely shut them down.

Hoping the Bills figured something similar out because the Jets looked inept in the 2nd half...4 total yards, and 2 INTs and 1 first down. A bunch of sacks for us too as we finished with 6 in the game.

Also had numerous 3 and outs.

I would much rather have this D attack and get burnt a few times than sit back and let teams pick us apart. Hope they take notes and do this more often.

Suddenly the D Line looks pretty good as they made Darnold run for his life almost every dropback...maybe they can't get there with 4 but bring 5 and the D Line is making things happen..

You are taking grief in this thread but I actually agree.  It was like a switch went on.  Hughes was suddenly Hughes.  Oliver was winning (this leads to a lot of the other stuff).   Blitzes were not just up the gut...corners and safties too.  Was beautiful. 

Yeah...the D got shredded in that game and also the first half of the game next week against the Chargers.

The Peterman Pickapalooza was against the Chargers in 2017 in a 54-24 heiney-whoopin'. Bills played the Chargers at home in Week Two of 2018 and while they lost 31-20, they had a much stronger second half, limiting the Chargers to 7 points. However, there were a few more rough games in 2018, especially a three-game stretch where they were outscored 103-20. They were 2-7 at that point but to their credit they went 4-3 to finish the season. 

10 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

The Peterman Pickapalooza was against the Chargers in 2017 in a 54-24 heiney-whoopin'. Bills played the Chargers at home in Week Two of 2018 and while they lost 31-20, they had a much stronger second half, limiting the Chargers to 7 points. However, there were a few more rough games in 2018, especially a three-game stretch where they were outscored 103-20. They were 2-7 at that point but to their credit they went 4-3 to finish the season. 

They limited them to 3 points and 49 yards.

32 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

The offense today won't beat anyone except the 0-6 Jets.

The offense did pretty well moving up and down the field at will just not in the redzone. Considering the Bills have been among the best teams in the redzone since Allen has taken over I will assume it is a blip.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, matter2003 said:

I don't care who it is, the numbers the Bills D out up in the 2nd half are impressive.

Dude a win is a win but the Jets are completely trash.  Your opponent does matter.  I take nothing away from my that Jets except they didn’t lose to the worst team in the nfl. On to NE. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude a win is a win but the Jets are completely trash.  Your opponent does matter.  I take nothing away from my that Jets except they didn’t lose to the worst team in the nfl. On to NE. 

OK and the Bills held them to their lowest yardage total of the season(191), and the 3rd lowest total of ANY team in the NFL this year. 4 yards in an entire half of football.  That is almost unheard of.

Actually, their 2nd lowest yardage total of the season came in the first game against us, with 254 yards. 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:25 PM, Back the Blue said:

“Figuring out” the worst offense in the NFL is not really anything to be proud of. 

No but picking yourself up and getting your ***** together regardless of who you're playing is.

It also builds confidence in the long run for the players that they can do this.  One of the things I was questioning was the D's confidence and ability to play with each other.  Injuries aside this is a very talented team leaving me scratching my head at times.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

54 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

OK and the Bills held them to their lowest yardage total of the season(191), and the 3rd lowest total of ANY team in the NFL this year. 4 yards in an entire half of football.  That is almost unheard of.

Actually, their 2nd lowest yardage total of the season came in the first game against us, with 254 yards. 

You don’t brag about dating a 1.  Now get a 9 or 10; but all means, let the world know.