Bills D in 2nd half reminded me of the Chargers game in 2018 where they got shredded in 1st half then figured it out...

Big Turk

Bills D turnaround was stunning in 2nd half and it revolved around bringing pressure...Tre White even came on a blitz up the middle once and they got the sack...

It reminded me of 2018 where the Bills D got shredded for 6 quarters by the Ravens and Chargers but then in the second half of the Charger game they completely shut them down.

Hoping the Bills figured something similar out because the Jets looked inept in the 2nd half...4 total yards, and 2 INTs and 1 first down. A bunch of sacks for us too as we finished with 6 in the game.

Also had numerous 3 and outs.

I would much rather have this D attack and get burnt a few times than sit back and let teams pick us apart. Hope they take notes and do this more often.

Suddenly the D Line looks pretty good as they made Darnold run for his life almost every dropback...maybe they can't get there with 4 but bring 5 and the D Line is making things happen..

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

“Figuring out” the worst offense in the NFL is not really anything to be proud of. 

I don't care who it is, the numbers the Bills D out up in the 2nd half are impressive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's just the Jets, but the stats were good in the 2nd half and you have to start somewhere.    It seemed like blitzing more made all of the difference.    What works on Darnold may not necessarily work on Newton, Murray and Wilson though.   Hopefully this boosted their confidence enough to lead to better results going forward.

Edited by dgrochester55

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

It's just the Jets, but you have to start somewhere.    It seemed like blitzing more made all of the difference.    What works on Darnold may not necessarily work on Newton, Murray and Wilson though.   Hopefully this boosted their confidence enough to lead to better results going forward.

Maybe not but we also know what they were doing before doesn't work either and I will trade the potential for sacks, strip sacks and forced throws under pressure that may lead to INTs for sitting back and giving the QB all day

14 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

“Figuring out” the worst offense in the NFL is not really anything to be proud of. 

Im getting real sick of these kinds of posts. Bills Defense adjusted and played well, and the best you can muster is some debbie downer troll post? Get a life

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Process said:

The jets are one of the worst teams in NFL history. They just got shut out by the dolphins. 

Just stop. Our defense sucks and is a major problem. 

Maybe it doesn't HAVE to suck tho...maybe it sucked because they are trying to run a scheme they can't run properly right now but if they run a little more of a pressure scheme it could be a lot better than it has been.

We don't know whether that is the case yet but it MIGHT be.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

Im getting real sick of these kinds of posts. Bills Defense adjusted and played well, and the best you can muster is some debbie downer troll post? Get a life

The past three weeks, the bills have gotten dominated in losses twice, didn't score a TD against one of the worst teams in NFL history, and struggled to beat the jets winning by 8 (the lowest margin of victory by any team the jets have faced this season). All while being held to under 20 points in each game. 

There isn't much to be optimistic about after the game today. But it's a win, and we have another shot to get things turned around this week in a big game against the pats. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe not but we also know what they were doing before doesn't work either and I will trade the potential for sacks, strip sacks and forced throws under pressure that may lead to INTs for sitting back and giving the QB all day

I agree with this.    Ill take  generating turnovers with a few big plays being given up over the chinese water torture of watching the defense give up endless 7 yard passes and 200 yards rushing that we saw for the previous 10 quarters before todays' second half

• Like (+1) 1