Josh Allen 30/43 69.8 % completion 307 yards Rat 90.0 11 carries for 61 yards Game Grades

Just now, Scott7975 said:

And they moved the ball all game. Had miscues in the red zone that's not all on Josh. 

I think the All-22 will tell a story here...

What I think I saw is relatively good coverage by the Jets in the RZ. But I also saw a few plays where Josh could’ve made better decisions with the ball. The fake double screen was supposed to go to Kroft, and if that could happen quicker it would’ve been a TD...but I couldn’t tell from the replay angle if Josh hesitated because Kroft hadn’t cleared the clogged throwing lane yet.

That’s just one example, and if you combine a miscue like that, a few questionable route combinations, decent coverage scheme, a few key penalties, and a RZ turnover you end up with a 0-9 RZ performance.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I think the All-22 will tell a story here...

What I think I saw is relatively good coverage by the Jets in the RZ. But I also saw a few plays where Josh could’ve made better decisions with the ball. The fake double screen was supposed to go to Kroft, and if that could happen quicker it would’ve been a TD...but I couldn’t tell from the replay angle if Josh hesitated because Kroft hadn’t cleared the clogged throwing lane yet.

That’s just one example, and if you combine a miscue like that, a few questionable route combinations, decent coverage scheme, a few key penalties, and a RZ turnover you end up with a 0-9 RZ performance.

I'm not even saying some of it isn't on Josh because some of it is. Certain people want to pin everything on him though when he is practically carrying this team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So, what's the thought on the Kroft no-score? 

Obviously Kroft ought to be able to not trip there.. maybe the pass could have been better, but it really looks like Kroft misreads it, slows down, and then has to jump to catch it... I'd love to see the All-22 on that, but it really looks like that (plus both of the penalties) robbed Josh of having a TD. and a bit better stat line. am I missing on that? 

The Bills up to this game have lights out in the red zone. Sure they didn’t get it done this game but on the season they have been unreal in RZ execution. The illegal formation was on our RT Williams lining up with his right foot back for pass protection. It’s a ticky tack call that was also called on Jets later in game. I’m fine if they call it that way, but many times they don’t. It’s inconsistent. The Bills issue right now is lack of running game to take pressure off JA. So to evaluate his game as D is amusing. I’m not making excuses so I say a solid B. No evidence to support a D. You can’t be taken seriously with this post. 

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

The Bills up to this game have lights out in the red zone. Sure they didn’t get it done this game but on the season they have been unreal in RZ execution. 

I keep going back to this... I wont say one game is proof that we can't get RZ points. Hopefully we rebound. 

19 hours ago, H2o said:

It's amazing that Josh is basically the entire offense, he throws for 300 again, completes almost 70% of his passes again, leads us to a W, and some people are talking like he's a problem.

Just Imagine if Josh was more athletic and could have add another 50-60 yards rushing that would have been AWESOME !!! 
on a serious note agree with you 100% he is by far our best weapon on offense !!

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, H2o said:

It's amazing that Josh is basically the entire offense, he throws for 300 again, completes almost 70% of his passes again, leads us to a W, and some people are talking like he's a problem.

It's the old Frank should start over Jim argument...     Let's face it Josh could be the best QB in the NFL and they will complain about that 3rd down pass that was behind so and so.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd give Josh a B/B+ for his performance. Anything below a B- is unreasonable. There is a thin line amongst about 4-5 plays yesterday where the score goes from 18 to the high 30s. And, the responsibility for the failure of those plays, missed FGs etc. is very low from JA. His stats and the eye test tell you the team just needs to clean a few things up. The offense is close to getting back to where it needs to be, perhaps a healthy Brown and return of Feliciano does the trick.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

So, what's the thought on the Kroft no-score? 

Obviously Kroft ought to be able to not trip there.. maybe the pass could have been better, but it really looks like Kroft misreads it, slows down, and then has to jump to catch it... I'd love to see the All-22 on that, but it really looks like that (plus both of the penalties) robbed Josh of having a TD. and a bit better stat line. am I missing on that? 

Yes, Kroft both misplayed it and stumbled

Just now, Gene1973 said:

He runs like a big white guy?

What does Josh Allen run like?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And they moved the ball all game. Had miscues in the red zone that's not all on Josh. 

that ^ 

People forget the old adage - It's hard to win games in the NFL. 

Inter division games are tough no matter what.  

The Browns had a tough time beating the (now) 1-5 Bengals

The (then) 2-2 Raiders beat the undefeated 4-0 Chiefs at home

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Grades are always hard because they are so subjective. It also depends on your scale. Based on 2019 Josh, the grade would have to be very high because that performance was among the best that he put up last year. Based on 2020 Josh, the score would not be nearly as high given the much higher standard he sat set this year. That's why I would not throw a fit if someone gave him a C based on the final results of the game.

Still, for those judging him by the final stats (score, TD passes, etc.), it is hard without reviewing the All-22 breakdown to determine his overall performance on a play-by-play basis. He definitely missed some passes early on and made a couple of questionable decisions, where he tried to force the ball. However, by the 2nd quarter he started to settle down and did a pretty good job taking what the defense gave him.

You also have to look back at the 9 drives that all went well into Jets territory. What made those drives stall? It was a variety of factors: penalties that put them in 3rd and long, Josh not making the best decision, the fumble, etc. Speaking of the "bad" fumble, I am not sure how some anyone can blame that on Josh. He had an unblocked defender on him before he could even properly set his feet. All fumbles are "bad", of course, but this was not a case of Josh being reckless (as he was against the same Jets back in Week 1). Also, I do not think it is unfair to give the Jets some credit for how they played on defense, especially when the Bills got deep into their territory. On multiple occasions (the 3rd down draw, for example), Josh did not have anywhere to go with the ball because the defense had all the receivers blanketed. That said, he also clearly should have handed the ball off to Moss on that RPO rather than keep it himself. And there were a couple of occasions (the fake-fake-screen, for example) where the timing was off.

Still, I thought for the most part, that he made smart decisions, was careful with the ball and accurate. That is why I would probably give him a B-.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes, Kroft both misplayed it and stumbled

That was my take as well. Looked like the throw was right on schedule if he doesn't hesitate and then it's 6 from there. 

35 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The (then) 2-20 Raiders beat the undefeated 4-0 Chiefs at home

I know they gave Gruden a long contract, but man, If you're so bad you're losing games in between sundays, at some point a team needs to move on... :P

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ok I just rewatched each snap on offense, most including All-22 and I give him B.

First half probably C, he was 12/20 and made some mistakes.

First drive ended when he scrambled and slid, but had open Diggs for 1st down, then throwed forced deep throw to Davis which could've been intercepted. Not a good decision, and not a good throw at all.

In the second drive he missed defender in zone coverage and was almost picked. Drive ended by that weird busted screen, and then by Allen's fumble. I have no idea if this is on him, there was a lot of pressure, but he probably has to see it and hold onto the ball.

In the third drive he had wide open Beasley in EY for TD and probably could've hit him, if he saw him, set his feet on scramble and was able to throw deep middle. Instead he threw it OOB, but I guess we can't blame him. Thereafter he missed laser to Diggs by inches. It was a catchable ball though.

He had one throw over Diggs in last drive, but other than that, he was spot on. He had also some nice runs.

In second half he was great and deserves an A.

18/23, great accuracy, quick throws, great decision making. He missed one throw, short screen to Singletary, which was little high. Throw to Kroft was probably little too high too, but his stumbling thereafter is fully on Kroft imo.

I remember people in GDT thinking (and announcer also said it) that he made mistake in that option on 3&1, but I rewatched it couple of times and I really don't think Moss would have an easy first down. There was Basham setting the edge and he could've easily tackle him. Moss would probably somehow made the first down, but I was much closer than it looked and it hard to blame Josh for keeping it.

Second drive in second half was extraordinary, Josh was 9/9 on that drive. I have no idea if there was an illegal formation but it really sucks that Davis' TD was taken back.

Overall very solid performance by Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

18/23, great accuracy, quick throws, great decision making. He missed one throw, short screen to Singletary, which was little high. Throw to Kroft was probably little too high too, but his stumbling thereafter is fully on Kroft imo.

if Josh can master that quick release. 
Man what a show. 

On 10/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

WEEK SEVEN: D+

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

I will address the elephant in the room first - yes, he has a D+ despite throwing for 300 yards. First and foremost that 300 yard thing was mainly a "Bills" stat that we were all obsessed with and frankly in his 3rd year we have to move on from that glorified marker. Josh Allen gets a D+ today because he made way too many mistakes in the red zone and our offense relied on a rookie kicker to SCORE ALL OF OUR POINTS.

The good: there were drives where Josh took what the defense gave us and drove us all the way down the field. He also had 3 potential TD passes that didn't end up happening: the first to Gabe Davis which got called back because he wasn't lined up correctly. The second one to Beasley, but he didn't establish position to get back in before the catch, and lastly, the one that hurt me the most, the beauty to Kroft which would have been such a cool moment for someone who just welcomed a new child into this world.

The bad: I'm sure I was not alone in receiving text messages from friends that Josh had that "panic" look in his eyes again. It reminds me of when someone studies for a test, shows up in the classroom confident and ready, and then opens the page and realizes that the teacher switched the test questions. He simply refuses at times to take what the defense gives him and always tries for the hero ball play. Wide open receivers underneath only to be forcing it into windows that don't exist. He needs to be better.

The ugly: Red zone decisions. The fumble was just terrible and sadly, was somewhat expected after he got away with that first fumble but luckily his knee was down. The 3rd and short where he decided to selfishly keep the ball rather than give it to Moss was way too obvious and has become an instant read for defenders.

Glass half full: it's a road division win and they usually never come easy. Vegas set us up for disaster with such a huge point spread, and coming off 2 losses to face a 0-6 team had trap game written all over it but we did what was needed to get the W. The offense got Bass in FG position and he delivered. The defense made key stops and had essential turnovers to bring Darnold back down to reality.

We are 5-2 getting ready to face the Pats. We are in good shape and I have confidence this team will continue to rally through these injury bugs (missing John Brown is huge for Josh) and win this division.

GO BILLS!

If this post was a color it would black like your soul.

• Haha (+1) 1