Josh Allen 30/43 69.8 % completion 307 yards Rat 90.0 11 carries for 61 yards Game Grades

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Instead of relaxing with a bowl of chili and watching the 4:00 games, I'm now going to take a chunk of my Sunday evening and clean up a bunch of trash from this thread.

The 3-4 knuckleheads that are responsible for me having to do that because of the off-topic nonsense they've littered all over this thread should knock it off.

I've already asked twice. I will not ask again.

I'll hold your chili while you deal with the knuckleheads...sorry about the oyster cracker crumbs:wub:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

WEEK SEVEN: D+

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

This is just a spoiled, unrealistic grade. 
funny you post the stats immediately after the grade. 
if JA or any other QB had posted those numbers any of the previous 5 years in Bill win, this forum would have exploded with appreciation. 

was he perfect? No... but D+??? 
ridiculous!! 

solid B performance. Took what the Jets gave him. Led his team to a much needed win. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and a BS penalty

I didn’t see the replay to know if we were lined up properly, but I tend to fault the player in that situation—gotta know the rules and pay attention. But I do acknowledge that such a penalty has absolutely no impact on the play, so yeah, it should’ve been a TD with a little bit of attention to detail.

The Beasley play doesn’t quite bother me as much, but if he simply knows where the sideline is that’s a TD too. Both were fantastic plays by the QB. On the Davis play, he hard counts to expose the blitz, changes the protection, hard counts again, adjusts Davis’ route, pump fakes to freeze the safety, and throws a perfect ball. When that’s wiped out by a penalty, he comes right back and hits the perfect throw to Beasley for another TD, but alas he puts himself out of bounds and wipes that out as well.

Josh is good. When the rest of the team catches up to him we’ll be AOK.

• Like (+1) 3

It is funny too see people give Allen a C or higher.

C means average. A franchise QB needs to put more than 18 points on the board against the worst team in the league. A team that probably won't win a game.

18 points is the fewest a team has scored against this powerhouse of a team.

Edited by Beast

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

It is funny too see people give Allen a C or higher.

C means average. A franchise QB needs to put more than 18 points on the board against the worst teamin the league. A team that probably won't win a game.

18 points is the fewest a team has scored against this powerhouse of a team.

Sure, but I'd argue that it's not Allen's fault that Davis wasn't set or Kroft stumbled. Both of those plays were set up by Allen to be touchdowns. 

The rest of the offense needs to execute in the redzone too. Allen wasn't perfect but he was doing a lot right. 

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK SEVEN: D+

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

I will address the elephant in the room first - yes, he has a D+ despite throwing for 300 yards. First and foremost that 300 yard thing was mainly a "Bills" stat that we were all obsessed with and frankly in his 3rd year we have to move on from that glorified marker. Josh Allen gets a D+ today because he made way too many mistakes in the red zone and our offense relied on a rookie kicker to SCORE ALL OF OUR POINTS.

WTF?

D+? 

what are you smoking?

33 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

D+ = Someone bet the Bills to cover & he lost money. 

must be that ^ 

If Bass makes the 2 missed kicks and or Kroft doesn’t trip over his own feet 

line covered. 

30 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Sure, but I'd argue that it's not Allen's fault that Davis wasn't set or Kroft stumbled. Both of those plays were set up by Allen to be touchdowns. 

The rest of the offense needs to execute in the redzone too. Allen wasn't perfect but he was doing a lot right. 

The Bills should have scored over 50 today. They had the ball NINE times inside the Jets 30.

That's a 2 point average on those drives regardless of what happened.

Just because I give Josh a D+ doesn't mean I think he sucks. He's our guy and I look forward to watching him for many years.

However, I expect more him especially against the competition and coming off two games where our offense wasn't very good.

Edited by Beast

Solid B+

First the Bills won.

Second the Bills drove into FG position on EVERY SINGLE possession.  They did not punt.

307 yards passing & 61 yards rushing for a total of 368 yards.  That's highly productive.

Had one fumble but QB's fumble a lot when the edge rusher blows by his guy and hits the QB as he's looking downfield.

The reason Allen didn't get an A from me was that the Bills struggled in the red zone.  Some of this was on Allen.  But most of it was on bad luck, no power running game and much below average TE play.  A running game and good TE play are essential to red zone production. The Jets may suck but they're in our division and Greg Williams knows how to defense Allen.

That Allen showed great patience in taking the check down passes was very encouraging.  And completing 70% of his passes was a nice rebound from the last 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 4

The Bills are 5-2 and in first place within their division. Josh is on pace for a 4,000 yard season, 37 TD’s and 9 interceptions with a 68% completion rate. Some of you really need to step off the ledge regarding Josh. 

D+. I needed a good laugh but the jokes on you.

Let’s Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For a moment I was confused why there were grades    Then I saw the merged title.  

I wouldn’t give him under a B. 

he made some good throws into tight coverage and the WR just couldn’t make the play. 

Josh started off with a very bad competition 56 ish % but to get it back to near 70% says A LOT. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

he moved the ball today with ease.  A lot of self-destruction by the offense killed drives, and most were not by Allen.

Allen has become such a great player. 

Week in week out he's pretty much never the problem with the offense. Even on days when the Bills offense and/or team gets handled, he's clear one of the best players on offense and one of the only ones to show up. It's pretty much become the norm. It's refreshing to have a QB who is actually the reason why we are winning rather than the entire team around him carrying more of the load.

That said, to be an elite team we will need everyone else to show up consistently as well.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen has become such a great player. 

Week in week out he's pretty much never the problem with the offense. Even on days when the Bills offense and/or team gets handled, he's clear one of the best players on offense and one of the only ones to show up. It's pretty much become the norm. It's refreshing to have a QB who is actually the reason why we are winning rather than the entire team around him carrying more of the load.

That said, to be an elite team we will need everyone else to show up consistently as well.

Agreed. Josh is no longer the guy holding the offense back. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

He was set. It was a BS call.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, rayray808 said:

The bad: I'm sure I was not alone in receiving text messages from friends that Josh had that "panic" look in his eyes again. It reminds me of when someone studies for a test, shows up in the classroom confident and ready, and then opens the page and realizes that the teacher switched the test questions. He simply refuses at times to take what the defense gives him and always tries for the hero ball play. Wide open receivers underneath only to be forcing it into windows that don't exist. He needs to be better.

Dude, I think you are confusing "panic" look with his hero ball mentality. It's actually a great trait for a QB to have as long as they have the arm talent to go along with it. Which Allen does. Just like Favre did. Yes, it does lead to a couple of bad plays now and again. But with all due respect, GTFO with this "panic" look nonsense. There is a reason why Allen has so many GW drives and 4th QC's since coming into the league. He's got ice water in his veins. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1