Josh Allen 30/43 69.8 % completion 307 yards Rat 90.0 11 carries for 61 yards Game Grades

WEEK SEVEN: B

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

With all the injuries and the way the defense played for the first 20 minutes or so  it was going to come down to Josh.  In the second half he responded and became much more patient and as a result his completion percentage went up and he lead us on many long drives.  The red zone woes were not on him.  He had on TD called back on penalty and another were our TE fell while running for a score.    We never punted today.  

Thankfully the defense played a fabulous 2nd half and help to enable the win.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

was this also where the Jets tried twice to jump Offside?  

Not sure about that, just saw where Davis even signaled that he was set on that play in an earlier post. Didn't pay attention to see if Jets did.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I can't go any higher than a C+ today. No TD's is a problem.

TD wiped out with a penalty and Kroft tripped on a site TD. 
Beasley (pushes) OOB and didnt re-establish himself 

Not Joshs fault 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

9 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

D+ is absurd. More like B-

Can't even take OP seriously with a D+. If Gabe lines up 12 inches closer to the LOS Josh's qbr is over 100. The "scared child" look in the 2nd qtr is concerning but he learned a very important lesson today on how to take what a defense (deep zone C2) gives you. Daboll called a mediocre game in the redzone.

I'll also give Josh  B-. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, H2o said:

They covered well today in the red zone. Gannon broke it down multiple times. He's also not the one out there throwing the flags or getting penalized. Three of those flags pushed us back in the red zone and one took a TD off the board. 

two took TDS off. Davis and Beasley, though Beasley’s should have been DPI for pushing him out of bounds

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills should have scored over 50 today. They had the ball NINE times inside the Jets 30.

That's a 2 point average on those drives regardless of what happened.

Just because I give Josh a D+ doesn't mean I think he sucks. He's our guy and I look forward to watching him for many years.

However, I expect more him especially against the competition and coming off two games where our offense wasn't very good.

9 hours ago, Beast said:

It is funny too see people give Allen a C or higher.

C means average. A franchise QB needs to put more than 18 points on the board against the worst team in the league. A team that probably won't win a game.

18 points is the fewest a team has scored against this powerhouse of a team.

So either Davis lining up wrong or bad flag (didn't see replay so don't know) that wiped a TD off the board is Josh fault?  How about the TE that could have walked in for a TD if he didn't stumble over his own feet?  How about Beasley going out of bounds?  Those are 3 TD's that Josh threw.   How about the two missed FG's?  How many points is that that isn't Josh fault?

Edited by Scott7975

13 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Was a solid day. Don't forget 11 carries for 61 yards at some crucial moments. 

This game could have been 40-10 if we converted in the redzone. I hope they get that squared away quick. 

technically the bills were inside the Redzone only 3 of their  9 drives.    The other drives stalled between tbe Jets 40 and 20 yard line

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can't even take OP seriously with a D+. If Gabe lines up 12 inches closer to the LOS Josh's qbr is over 100. The "scared child" look in the 2nd qtr is concerning but he learned a very important lesson today on how to take what a defense (deep zone C2) gives you. Daboll called a mediocre game in the redzone.

I'll also give Josh  B-. 

Two threads were merged.

Can't even take OP seriously   Can't even take First GRADE post seriously   ;)  

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

No one in the NFL is ever going to except excuses like these "facts". Allen didn't get the job done in the RZ, bottom line.

Why should  I care what anyone else in the NFL has to say?  

Most of them don't pay enough attention to make a proper review. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

two took TDS off. Davis and Beasley, though Beasley’s should have been DPI for pushing him out of bounds

And also the one where Kroft would have been gone down the sideline if he had just kept his balance. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

So either Davis lining up wrong or bad flag (didn't see replay so don't know) that wiped a TD off the board is Josh fault?  How about the TE that could have walked in for a TD if he didn't stumble over his own feet?  How about Beasley going out of bounds?  Those are 3 TD's that Josh threw.   How about the two missed FG's?  How many points is that that isn't Josh fault?

They weren't playing the 2000 Ravens.

They were playing the Jets. Maybe the worst team in football for the past decade.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

No one in the NFL is ever going to except excuses like these "facts". Allen didn't get the job done in the RZ, bottom line.

Gannon sure doesn't accept it. Went off endlessly on how Josh "has a problem with ball security" on the ball coming out caused by ground impact (down by contact) and says nothing about Darnold's penchant for putting it on the grass and pitching it to the wrong color jerseys, and which he did all 2nd half (actually since USC).

He did have an underrated insight as to why Allen's interceptions are relatively low, is the velocity of his throws make them hard to catch for both sides. DB's don't just pluck those like Peterman's soap bubbles.

• Haha (+1) 2