Josh Allen 30/43 69.8 % completion 307 yards Rat 90.0 11 carries for 61 yards Game Grades

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

He gets a solid B for today's game.  When you win by more than a TD on the road, throw for over 300, rush for over 50, and have no turnovers, you did your job.  His lack of TD's is a concern but without John Brown he Bills offense is going to have a problem stretching the field.

He had the one fumble and why I gave him a B-.

He played decent today, the redzone woes today were not really all on Allen.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

WEEK SEVEN: D+

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

I will address the elephant in the room first - yes, he has a D+ despite throwing for 300 yards. First and foremost that 300 yard thing was mainly a "Bills" stat that we were all obsessed with and frankly in his 3rd year we have to move on from that glorified marker. Josh Allen gets a D+ today because he made way too many mistakes in the red zone and our offense relied on a rookie kicker to SCORE ALL OF OUR POINTS.

The good: there were drives where Josh took what the defense gave us and drove us all the way down the field. He also had 3 potential TD passes that didn't end up happening: the first to Gabe Davis which got called back because he wasn't lined up correctly. The second one to Beasley, but he didn't establish position to get back in before the catch, and lastly, the one that hurt me the most, the beauty to Kroft which would have been such a cool moment for someone who just welcomed a new child into this world.

The bad: I'm sure I was not alone in receiving text messages from friends that Josh had that "panic" look in his eyes again. It reminds me of when someone studies for a test, shows up in the classroom confident and ready, and then opens the page and realizes that the teacher switched the test questions. He simply refuses at times to take what the defense gives him and always tries for the hero ball play. Wide open receivers underneath only to be forcing it into windows that don't exist. He needs to be better.

The ugly: Red zone decisions. The fumble was just terrible and sadly, was somewhat expected after he got away with that first fumble but luckily his knee was down. The 3rd and short where he decided to selfishly keep the ball rather than give it to Moss was way too obvious and has become an instant read for defenders.

Glass half full: it's a road division win and they usually never come easy. Vegas set us up for disaster with such a huge point spread, and coming off 2 losses to face a 0-6 team had trap game written all over it but we did what was needed to get the W. The offense got Bass in FG position and he delivered. The defense made key stops and had essential turnovers to bring Darnold back down to reality.

We are 5-2 getting ready to face the Pats. We are in good shape and I have confidence this team will continue to rally through these injury bugs (missing John Brown is huge for Josh) and win this division.

GO BILLS!

Giving it a nickname. | Steve carell, Very funny gif, Funny gif

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

I will address the elephant in the room first - yes, he has a D+ despite throwing for 300 yards. First and foremost that 300 yard thing was mainly a "Bills" stat that we were all obsessed with and frankly in his 3rd year we have to move on from that glorified marker. Josh Allen gets a D+ today because he made way too many mistakes in the red zone and our offense relied on a rookie kicker to SCORE ALL OF OUR POINTS.

The good: there were drives where Josh took what the defense gave us and drove us all the way down the field. He also had 3 potential TD passes that didn't end up happening: the first to Gabe Davis which got called back because he wasn't lined up correctly. The second one to Beasley, but he didn't establish position to get back in before the catch, and lastly, the one that hurt me the most, the beauty to Kroft which would have been such a cool moment for someone who just welcomed a new child into this world.

The bad: I'm sure I was not alone in receiving text messages from friends that Josh had that "panic" look in his eyes again. It reminds me of when someone studies for a test, shows up in the classroom confident and ready, and then opens the page and realizes that the teacher switched the test questions. He simply refuses at times to take what the defense gives him and always tries for the hero ball play. Wide open receivers underneath only to be forcing it into windows that don't exist. He needs to be better.

The ugly: Red zone decisions. The fumble was just terrible and sadly, was somewhat expected after he got away with that first fumble but luckily his knee was down. The 3rd and short where he decided to selfishly keep the ball rather than give it to Moss was way too obvious and has become an instant read for defenders.

Glass half full: it's a road division win and they usually never come easy. Vegas set us up for disaster with such a huge point spread, and coming off 2 losses to face a 0-6 team had trap game written all over it but we did what was needed to get the W. The offense got Bass in FG position and he delivered. The defense made key stops and had essential turnovers to bring Darnold back down to reality.

We are 5-2 getting ready to face the Pats. We are in good shape and I have confidence this team will continue to rally through these injury bugs (missing John Brown is huge for Josh) and win this division.

GO BILLS!

I give this report card an F.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

He had the one fumble and why I gave him a B-.

He played decent today, the redzone woes today were not really all on Allen.

B- is fair.  It was somewhere between a B for a generous grader and a C for a tough grader.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

GO BILLS!

Like I have said before....your grading scale is meh

If Gabe Davis could figure out how to line up properly he would have had a TD.

Allen didn't play great but a D+ is ridiculous. Last week was a D+ maybe...

This week was maybe a B-...if he put the ball on Kroft a little better he walks in for a TD. There was nothing but green grass...instead he did his impersonation of Daniel Jones but from further away...

Other than that Allen played clean and made mostly accurate throws and good decisions. Red Zone inefficiencies were not good but Bills are among the best in the NFL over the last 3 years at RZ TDs so I won't panic. 

• Like (+1) 1

C+

He was much better in the second half despite some questionable red zone play. The first half he had one fumble, an almost fumble, and two dropped INTs. Not great given the opponent and after the last two weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Les Vegetables said:

This report card gets worse every week. Deserves to be expelled. 

It is so bad.  Half of his reasoning is always objectively wrong and the grading scale makes no sense.

Edited by Crayola64

Mr. Rayray, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, VW82 said:

C+

He was much better in the second half despite some questionable red zone play. The first half he had one fumble, an almost fumble, and two dropped INTs. Not great given the opponent and after the last two weeks.

The fumble wasn't his fault. The pocket collapsed immediately. He didn't even have time to secure the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1