Josh Allen 30/43 69.8 % completion 307 yards Rat 90.0 11 carries for 61 yards Game Grades

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He did ok.  Getting better at 11 personnel short passing attack a la Patriots 2017.  Bailed way too often from the pocket on 3rd down.  He doesn’t trust his guards.

Is that why he does it or is it because it's 3rd down and he's looking to stretch the play while threatening them with his legs?

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He did ok.  Getting better at 11 personnel short passing attack a la Patriots 2017.  Bailed way too often from the pocket on 3rd down.  He doesn’t trust his guards.

They are in his face literally every other pass.  

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

WEEK SEVEN: D+

30/43 - 70% completion - 307 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 61 yards rushing - 1 fumble

I will address the elephant in the room first - yes, he has a D+ despite throwing for 300 yards. First and foremost that 300 yard thing was mainly a "Bills" stat that we were all obsessed with and frankly in his 3rd year we have to move on from that glorified marker. Josh Allen gets a D+ today because he made way too many mistakes in the red zone and our offense relied on a rookie kicker to SCORE ALL OF OUR POINTS.

The good: there were drives where Josh took what the defense gave us and drove us all the way down the field. He also had 3 potential TD passes that didn't end up happening: the first to Gabe Davis which got called back because he wasn't lined up correctly. The second one to Beasley, but he didn't establish position to get back in before the catch, and lastly, the one that hurt me the most, the beauty to Kroft which would have been such a cool moment for someone who just welcomed a new child into this world.

The bad: I'm sure I was not alone in receiving text messages from friends that Josh had that "panic" look in his eyes again. It reminds me of when someone studies for a test, shows up in the classroom confident and ready, and then opens the page and realizes that the teacher switched the test questions. He simply refuses at times to take what the defense gives him and always tries for the hero ball play. Wide open receivers underneath only to be forcing it into windows that don't exist. He needs to be better.

The ugly: Red zone decisions. The fumble was just terrible and sadly, was somewhat expected after he got away with that first fumble but luckily his knee was down. The 3rd and short where he decided to selfishly keep the ball rather than give it to Moss was way too obvious and has become an instant read for defenders.

Glass half full: it's a road division win and they usually never come easy. Vegas set us up for disaster with such a huge point spread, and coming off 2 losses to face a 0-6 team had trap game written all over it but we did what was needed to get the W. The offense got Bass in FG position and he delivered. The defense made key stops and had essential turnovers to bring Darnold back down to reality.

We are 5-2 getting ready to face the Pats. We are in good shape and I have confidence this team will continue to rally through these injury bugs (missing John Brown is huge for Josh) and win this division.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Is that why he does it or is it because it's 3rd down and he's looking to stretch the play while threatening them with his legs?

I don’t know why he does it but he’s killing the play structure on 3rd down three games in a row and it’s not working for him so...

I feel like he needs to learn to check the ball down still better. HE started doing it after halftime, i'm guessing after Daboll, Dorsey got in his ear and told him to start taking the easy stuff. Everyone is dropping back and making the Bills put together long drives. Their not gonna be able to throw the 20 yard crossers anymore cause everyone is going to go Deep Zone until they can figure it out and still put up points. 

• Like (+1) 1

He gets a solid B for today's game.  When you win by more than a TD on the road, throw for over 300, rush for over 50, and have no turnovers, you did your job.  His lack of TD's is a concern but without John Brown the Bills offense is going to have a problem stretching the field.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 2

Hm this is the first week I've completely disagreed with you. I'll give him a B-. The minus is because of the almost interception he threw early on the target to Diggs. Other than that he didn't do anything spectacular but kept the offense moving. Pass protection and lack of separation from the receivers were bigger problems IMO.

• Like (+1) 3