Bills 18, Jets 10 Game Balls!

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He doesn’t get a game ball for scoring every point the team had today? It’s not like i awarded him a yellow jacket. 

Not in my opinion TBH.

6/8 isn’t good enough.

He is lucky the defence played extremely well to cover up his misses, especially that 37 yard shank in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Not in my opinion TBH.

6/8 isn’t good enough.

He is lucky the defence played extremely well to cover up his misses, especially that 37 yard shank in the 2nd half.

I award game balls to everyone who scored a TD in every win, plus others who had winning performances and big plays. No TDs today so I awarded one to the player who scored all the points in a win. That’s my method, to each their own. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I award game balls to everyone who scored a TD in every win, plus others who had winning performances and big plays. No TDs today so I awarded one to the player who scored all the points in a win. That’s my method, to each their own. 

Ahh ok gotcha fair enough 👍

Edited by BillsFan130

3 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

People (including Greg Gumbell) saying that was the team's first INT today....did Wallace not have one against the Rams??

Yes. They said at the beginning of the game that the secondary had no INTs in the season then apparently no one corrected them because they doubled down and said that was their first of the season when Jackson got the pick 

they also said josh had 2 fumbles vs the chiefs... 

nice game prep guys 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Not in my opinion TBH.

6/8 isn’t good enough.

Bass was the only guy scoring points, he single leggedly won us the game. He gets a game ball, no question about it. 

Go Bills!!!

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bass was the only guy scoring points, he single leggedly won us the game. He gets a game ball, no question about it. 

Go Bills!!!

I really don’t understand that logic. 

As sketchy as the offence was at times, they had 8 drives to give them scoring opportunities. Bass delivered on only 6 of them, which is 75 percent and is well below average.

If he goes 4/8 and they win 12-10, does he still get a game ball?

The defence basically shut down the jets to what was it, 4 yards or something In the 2nd half?

Saying bass is the “only one” who scored points is an extremely shallow way of looking at the game and how the game played out IMO.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I really don’t understand that logic. 

As sketchy as the offence was at times, they had 8 drives to give them scoring opportunities. Bass delivered on only 6 of them, which is 75 percent and is well below average.

If he goes 4/8 and they win 12-10, does he still get a game ball?

The defence basically shut down the jets to what was it, 4 yards or something In the 2nd half?

Saying bass is the “only one” who scored points is an extremely shallow way of looking at the game and how the game played out IMO.

But he didn’t, and if he did score the only points for his team, and they win he gets the game ball, no one else scored any points, who the hell else are you going to give the game ball to? 

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

But he didn’t, and if he did score the only points for his team, and they win he gets the game ball, no one else scored any points, who the hell else are you going to give the game ball to? 

To the players who did their jobs well lol.

Beasley.

Hughes

Jackson.

Allen (to a certain degree)

With your logic the bills can win 3-0

and bass can go 1 for 8 on FG attempts,  but he gets the game ball cause he got the only points..

Do you now see how that makes no sense?

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

To the players who did their jobs well lol.

Beasley.

Hughes

Jackson.

Allen (to a certain degree)

With your logic the bills can win 3-0

and bass can go 1 for 8 on FG attempts,  but he gets the game ball cause he got the only points..

Do you now see how that makes no sense?

He’s the only guy who scored points, those points he scored won the game, none of those other guys scored any points, your being thick on purpose now, he won us the game, it’s you who makes no sense, coulda woulda mighta don’t mean anything, you should get a job with PFF... 

Go Bills!!!

Beasley on offense and Hughes on defense are my two choices.   Honorable mention to Hyde for that hit putting an exclamation point behind the defenses second half turnaround.   I have to disagree on Bass, he redeemed himself a bit after that first horrible miss, but I still feel like he is going to cost us in a key game this year. 

Edited by dgrochester55

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He’s the only guy who scored points, those points he scored won the game, none of those other guys scored any points, your being thick on purpose now, he won us the game, it’s you who makes no sense, coulda woulda mighta don’t mean anything, you should get a job with PFF... 

Go Bills!!!

But this is exactly the point. 

Your argument is “he’s the only one to score points so he deserves a game ball”.

Which makes absolutely no sense.

If you think 6/8 is acceptable for a FG kicker and give him a game ball for that, that’s one thing. As much as I disagree with that. 

But saying “He’s the only one who scored points  so he deserves a game ball” makes absolutely 0 sense. By that logic, he can go 1/10 and the bills win 3-0 but hey! He’s the only one who scored the points so let’s give him a contract extension cause he won the game with those 3 points!

Edited by BillsFan130

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

But this is exactly the point. 

Your argument is “he’s the only one to score points so he deserves a game ball”.

Which makes absolutely no sense.

If you think 6/8 is acceptable for a FG kicker and give him a game ball for that, that’s one thing. As much as I disagree with that. 

But saying “He’s the only one who scored points  so he deserves a game ball” makes absolutely 0 sense. By that logic, he can go 1/10 and the bills win 3-0 but hey! He’s the only one who’s scored the points so let’s give him a contract extension cause he won the game with those 3 points!

Please already, ffs, what do you not understand, he won us the game, I’m out. 

Go Bills!!!

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Please already, ffs, what do you not understand, he won us the game, I’m out. 

Go Bills!!!

Lol I really wouldn’t expect you to have much of an argument to my last comment as there’s not much you can say back to that. 

Have a good night buddy.

Edited by BillsFan130

6 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Not Bass. While he made 6, he missed 2. If he went 7/8 or if the missed 2 were both long, sure. But 75% is not a good number when only 1 was over 50. He did OK.

I pose a question on this. It was asked of me earlier by a friend. 
How many kickers in the NFL could you confidently say would  go out and hit 6/8? 7/8? 8/8?