PostGame Thread Bills @Jets.

Chandler#81

I didn't see this linked here.  Pretty decent and balanced take from Cover1.

https://www.cover1.net/top-three-takeaways-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/

(Allen) had two completions that should have been touchdowns, the aforementioned illegal formation penalty and another one to Tyler Kroft, which the TE could have brought to the house if he didn’t lose his balance.  Despite the win and the good performance, Allen continues to look unsatisfied with himself. You can see it in his body language, and he again mentioned frequently in the post-game press “needing to play better than this”. There’s nothing wrong with being hard on yourself in chasing greatness, but Allen can’t let it affect his performances.

(...)

After the half, the Bills’ QB was more patient and made them pay, hitting Cole Beasley, Tyler Kroft, Devin Singletary, and Diggs in holes between the short and intermediate area defenders. That’s actually one of Allen’s strengths — being very accurate on these throws where his receivers show him their numbers and he can just rip it with his cannon arm.

If Allen consistently takes what defenses give to him, then he will be very difficult to stop, no matter the opponent. That’s how well he has developed technique-wise. Now he needs get there mentally, and it also would be good to see his teammates being more vocal about helping him out more. He can’t put too much pressure on his own shoulders.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

I'd say the offense showed up today, but going 0 fer in the redzone was frustrating. Allen was able to stay efficient and take what was there, but Buffalo is missing the starting guards and Brown on offense.

Largely Buffalo won this game because we saw things happen that don't usually happen. Namely, Allen took what he was given and the defense played exceptionally well. I think it provides the idea that there are more answers that questions.

I think that was the advise Mahomes whispered in Allen's ears on Monday night 🙂

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

.If Allen consistently takes what defenses give to him, then he will be very difficult to stop, no matter the opponent. That’s how well he has developed technique-wise. Now he needs get there mentally, and it also would be good to see his teammates being more vocal about helping him out more. He can’t put too much pressure on his own shoulders.

Our OL needs to settle down.  We are making too many changes and there is no consistency.  We can't run the ball *effectively*.  All day long, the Jets did not respect our run game and yesterday 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Next week will tell the story! nuf said

Yep they got NE on the ropes a win here could really put us in the driver seat. But after coming off a few lose you better believe BB will have them ready 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't see this linked here.  Pretty decent and balanced take from Cover1.

https://www.cover1.net/top-three-takeaways-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/

(Allen) had two completions that should have been touchdowns, the aforementioned illegal formation penalty and another one to Tyler Kroft, which the TE could have brought to the house if he didn’t lose his balance.  Despite the win and the good performance, Allen continues to look unsatisfied with himself. You can see it in his body language, and he again mentioned frequently in the post-game press “needing to play better than this”. There’s nothing wrong with being hard on yourself in chasing greatness, but Allen can’t let it affect his performances.

(...)

After the half, the Bills’ QB was more patient and made them pay, hitting Cole Beasley, Tyler Kroft, Devin Singletary, and Diggs in holes between the short and intermediate area defenders. That’s actually one of Allen’s strengths — being very accurate on these throws where his receivers show him their numbers and he can just rip it with his cannon arm.

If Allen consistently takes what defenses give to him, then he will be very difficult to stop, no matter the opponent. That’s how well he has developed technique-wise. Now he needs get there mentally, and it also would be good to see his teammates being more vocal about helping him out more. He can’t put too much pressure on his own shoulders.

I think this is something that I think is important come playoffs and the tough stretch of schedule we have coming up.  Josh is definitely his own biggest critic and tries to put the entire team on his back a lot of the time.  I love that about him,

but it could be to his detriment if he doesn’t get the proper support 

7 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

If they don't, can we make a gentlemen agreement that you will stop your constant whining / trolling for at least couple of weeks?

I stopped him -for a couple days. His campaign is wearisome and grows older by the day. We all know this kind of fan. It’s easier to avoid them ‘out there’.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jerry - Allen was 70% completion for 307. Darnold 52% for 120 and a pick. Back under the bridge you go. 

Jerry, you pompous dweeb, hows the new gig at the Salamanca Star workin’ out?

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a little "Vitamin W" will help everyone feel better!

😲 Never figured you for a drug pusher.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No it’s not.    Every post you’ve made in this thread is sheer nonsense. 

OMG! I completely agree with you! What’s the matter with me?😳

4 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

It just proves this team is not good and the first four games was a mirage similar to 2008/2011 which I've been drawing parallels to for a while now when looking at all the hard data.

I still still think we lose the next 3 and will be 5-5 and either 2nd/3rd in the division heading into the bye depending on what the (surging) Dolphins and Pats do respectively.

Never been a clearer example of screen name dichotomy. Up is Down.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He was limited in snaps but played more than 3rd downs. Be curious to see the snap counts 

Per Joe B, Milano played 15 out of 51 defensive snaps.  3rd down, 4th down, end of each half

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Any injuries at all?

I can’t say I remember any at the top of my head 

Also Diggs was noted as injured on one play though he continued in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Happiness? Dismay? Super Bowl? 4-12?

4-12 would be an interesting score next week. Bass gets one FG per quarter and Allen takes a safety once a half including one at end of game where he runs from redzone to Bills endzone trying to take most time off clock before turning over ball.

Was it some other 4-12 you were talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

A win is a win but that was pitiful. 

It's really hard for me to say it's pitiful when we more than doubled their yardage and held their offense to 4 yards in the 2nd half.  Are red zone offense was atrocious but it would be more concerning if it was a concern before this game.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

4-12 would be an interesting score next week. Bass gets one FG per quarter and Allen takes a safety once a half including one at end of game where he runs from redzone to Bills endzone trying to take most time off clock before turning over ball.

Was it some other 4-12 you were talking about?

🤣 Yes, but I like your take better!

8 hours ago, TroutDog said:

This angers me. It almost felt as though the refs were trying to interject in the game...and they did. 

85% of the money, or something like that, was on the Bills.  The refs had to make sure the Bills didn't cover the spread.  Someday people will figure this out.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I stopped him -for a couple days. His campaign is wearisome and grows older by the day. We all know this kind of fan. It’s easier to avoid them ‘out there’.

Jerry, you pompous dweeb, hows the new gig at the Salamanca Star workin’ out?

😲 Never figured you for a drug pusher.

OMG! I completely agree with you! What’s the matter with me?😳

Never been a clearer example of screen name dichotomy. Up is Down.

"High Football IQ" is a long time troll from the old official Bills forum that shut down.  He has had quite a few screen names.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

They got rolled the two previous games and scored under 20pts... lol @ not concerned.

They played the worst team in the NFL and they could not score, how the hell are people not concerned? Confounded.

My guess is that some people have the rare ability to actually analyze the game and not just look at the box score.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, and analyzing the last 3 games shows that defenses have taken away the crossing routes and Allen can't score without them...

Crossing routes don't have much to do with red zone problems like the Bills showed today.  Also, what was different personnel wise in our offense the last three games compared to our first four?

19 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Crossing routes are not used in the RZ correct, but they can get a defense on their heels as the offense makes hay changing the way a D can play in the RZ.

If Allen can't figure out how to beat zone coverage better than he has the last 3 weeks, get used to 17pts per game as opposed to the 30 we were seeing in the first 4 games...

He was good against zone last year as the blueprint for him was man coverage with disguised blitzes.  I put the lack of scoring more on the poor running game.