PostGame Thread Bills @Jets.

Chandler#81

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

A win is a win is a win, but dang. The game the Bills played isn't good enough to beat any team that's not a bottom feeder. 

We out gained them 422 yards to 190.  We never punted.  We had six sacks.  It was an absolutely dominating performance after thew woke up near the end of the first half.  The lack of TD's were fluky (should've won by at least 20) but this was a good team dominating a bad team.  I'm more encouraged today than discouraged.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Levi is eligible to return this week. IR is 3 games. That’s the only measurement. 

Ok let’s see if he starts practicing. Because that starts the next clock of 21 days (which they are taking the full 21 it seems with Feliciano). 

Division games are always important, the Jets D played with pride. I am not worried about this team continuing to tighten it up especially considering some of the injuries we have had. Think we will see Moss get involved more next week and hopefully the offense gets rumbling again.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jerry - Allen was 70% completion for 307. Darnold 52% for 120 and a pick. Back under the bridge you go. 

Darnold had his moments. He made some nice throws and found the open man well. 

MAJOR DIFFERENCE?! 

Darnold cannot handle pressure. Allen thrives in it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Darnold had his moments. He made some nice throws and found the open man well. 

MAJOR DIFFERENCE?! 

Darnold cannot handle pressure. Allen thrives in it 

He did make some nice throws early but he is probably more erratic than Josh ever was. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We out gained them 422 yards to 190.  We never punted.  We had six sacks.  It was an absolutely dominating performance after thew woke up near the end of the first half.  The lack of TD's were fluky (should've won by at least 20) but this was a good team dominating a bad team.  I'm more encouraged today than discouraged.

I don't know if it's possible to overstate how bad the Jets are this season. 

The 18 points we scored is the least amount of points scored against the Jets so far this season. The 10 points the Jets scored is the 3rd most they've put up in a game. 

The Jets had the lead for more time in this game than the rest of the season combined. 

I'm happy we won, and I'm happy the defensive was dominant in the 2nd half. But, this won't be good enough against a team that's playing at even an average level. 

Bone headed penalties, terrible playcalling (4 runs by RB in the 1st half??), terrible clock management (including the Mcdermott special - using a defensive timeout for no apparent reason), multiple missed FGs, and 0-fer in the Red Zone. 

That's really not gonna cut it unless we get to play the Jets every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

A win is a win even if the Bills got off flat and couldn't quite put it away in the second half. If I had to grade the game. 

Josh C+, bad turnover cost the team 3 points when they needed it and couldn't strike that killing blow in the second half. But he also never punted (from what I remember) and even in the first half constantly was moving the ball. Josh settled down and took what the defense gave him. 

O-line B, seems like they were what they usually are. Good pass blocking mediocre run blocking against a weak defense. Hoping Mongo can come back and help the guard play. 

Running backs B, seems like got the most part they did their jobs in limitedopportunities. Moss got going on the ground and in the air, Singletary struggles on the ground but got some play in the air. 

Tight ends B-, Kroft was effective but tripped on that big part, for the most part he is doing what is asked of him. 

Receivers B+, Beasley exploited them respecting Josh deep, Diggs made some complementary plays but they need John Brown back badly to get it going against better defenses.

Special Teams C-, Bass missed 2 kicks inside 50 but also made one outside 50, not good. But while Roberts had a good kick return a lot of the good work he was putting in on the punt returns were negated by penalties. Kickoff coverage was good however.

D-line A- shaky first half but still managed 2 sacks and big plays when needed. Second half 4 sacks and complete domination.

Linebackers B-, Edumonds and company played bad in the first half but they played much better in the second half. 

Secondary A, by far the secondary's best game of the season. They did get burt on some conversations in the first half but even in the first half they stood strong in the redzone and got an Int when needed. Then in the second half they helped to take the game over. 

Overall B-, the Bills survived a bad first half against a bad opponent and dominated the second half but because of redzone struggles they couldn't put the game away. In the end if you can't get a win against the Jets your season is *****. Hopefully Josh and the offense can get Mongo and Brown back in time for NE or at least Seattle and the defense can get some confidence. Still need a true one tech DT

I feel like this is the first game I can remember under McD/Daboll/Frazier where both the offense, and defense made proper adjustments at halftime?

That being said, this was the worst we have played in the red zone all season. By far.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills won today without scoring a TD or punting. The last time that happened? When Washington beat the Brooklyn Dodgers* in 1941. *We are aware that you're thinking this a typo. It is not a typo. That was an actual NFL team in 1941.

via CBS Sports

• Like (+1) 2