PostGame Thread Bills @Jets.

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Josh doesn't look like he did his first few games... First few weeks he was leading receiver's and hitting them in stride. Lately he has been just throwing the ball and his WRs have needed to make big plays in the ball. I don't know what happened 

Josh made a lot happen second half, had points called back. And kroft should have walked that td in. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We didn't punt a single time, but had our red zone troubles coupled with a couple of crap penalties. At the end of the day it's a W. The defensive performance today is a positive and Josh is working to get back on track. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Whatever they did on defense in second half keep doing it 

It won't work against most teams. We blitzed constantly and Darnold/the Jets offense are terrible against the blitz. Try that against the Patriots and we'll get gashed.

Allen couldn't get it in the endzone, but he was pretty good overall today.  I think he learned a bit as well.  He was much more patient, especially as the game went along, took shorter throws and moved the chains consistently.  He builds on that, finding a way to get TDs at the end of drives, and he will be tough to stop.  If he can find some consistency in beating zone, as well as man......we're good.  Solid outing for Allen overall, though. 

The defense finally woke up in the 2nd half.  Hopefully the can keep it going moving forward.  This effort doesn't beat the Pats*, Seahawks or Cardinals over the next few weeks, but if they can find a way to get a couple TDs mixed in there, we should be OK.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, HappyDays said:

It won't work against most teams. We blitzed constantly and Darnold/the Jets offense are terrible against the blitz. Try that against the Patriots and we'll get gashed.

Not sure about that as Newton isn't Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

Second half D adjusted, and that was great.  Josh did well.  Something is missing without Smoke.  Running game seems to almost literally trip itself up at times.  Bass concerns me because when the lights get brighter at end of season (or during postseason) as I expect them to, he's a total wildcard in my estimation.

• Like (+1) 3

5-2

3-0 in division

Daboll/Allen need to learn how to deal with zone but I think they will

it was good for Bass to get all these kicks.   He need time to develop. 

go 49ers

the first two above are the key.  Don’t complain about how difficult this game was

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kind of frustrating that the redzone offense wasn't getting it done but other than that I'll take this kind of performance.

I’m not overly worried about that, because we’re usually pretty strong there. Chock it up to one of those weeks and move on. But overall I’d like to see the offense be better. It’d help if they didn’t take TD’s off with no-penalties. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2